You will assimilate into our free information.
Resistance is futile.
- I joined Wikipedia in March 2004.
- I'm an administrator, both here and on the Swahili Wikipedia (although I don't spend a great deal of time on admin tasks).
- While I like to read all sorts of articles on Wikipedia, when editing I tend to do a lot of work on cryptography articles.
- I'd like to edit more on Africa topics.
- I'm a participant in WikiProject Cryptography; see also the Crypto WikiPortal.
- I write a blog on cryptography.
- I'm a big fan of the No personal attacks and Civility policies. I subscribe to the editing style of the Harmonious editing club. I'm a member of the Association of Apathetic Wikipedians. Update: I'm experiencing mergist leanings of late.
- I've been either the primary author of, or one of the primary authors of, five Featured Articles: Caesar cipher, Data Encryption Standard, Enigma (machine), Marian Rejewski and ROT13; I've also contributed to a sixth, Cryptography.
- So that I can keep track of them, here's the list of non-crypto articles that I've started (mostly stubs, I'm afraid): Africa Inland Mission, Bagwere, Beau Peep, Biffy Dunderdale, Bouncy castle, Boxmoor, British Tabulating Machine Company, Bumfights, Chief Mkwawa, The Chronicles of Narnia (TV miniseries), Creed & Company, Domestic discipline (lifestyle), Courtney Pine, Georg Hamel, G20, Hehe, Iringa, James Macrae Aitken, Kirkham Priory, Lumajangdong Co, Maralal, Matt Redman, Mwanza, Narok, Ndorobo, Nicholas Biwott, Norwich Union, Para Red, Party political broadcast, Post-it note, Powers-Samas, Press up, Qian Zhijun, Ruiru, The Matthew's Range, U-33, UCCF, Uchumi, War Medal 1939-1945, Whitecross, World Wide Message Tribe, Worship leader
- I'm an occasional maintainer of Category:Fictional chickens.
- I once doubted the greatness of His Excellency Professor Doctor Sir Rex Curry, but he sure put me in my place: /Rebuke
- Revert warring is bad. Except in the Wikipedia:Revert-only sandbox.
- 18 January: Recategorisation of Bletchley Park people; helped expand Peter Hilton a little.
- 4 Jan - 16 Jan: Some expansion on Max Newman; further work on Stuart Milner-Barry, now GA; created stubs for Equality Act (Sexual Orientation) Regulations, Ralph Benjamin, Peter Hilton, Newmanry
- 4 January: Created new article on Shaun Wylie
- 21 Jan - 4 Jan: various bits and bobs on codebreaker bios
- 21 December: Finished off Milner-Barry.
- 18 December: expanded Stuart Milner-Barry (yet another WWII codebreaker)
- 12-18 December: Chipped in to 2006 Ipswich murder investigation
- 11 December: A little bit of work on the origins of GC&CS; new stub for Leonard Hooper.
- 7 December: Added detail about manufacture of perforated sheets; wrote a stub for Qian Zhijun ("Little Fatty" -- how, um, PC); new article on WWII codebreaker John R. F. Jeffreys, bit more on Derek Taunt
Tit for tat
I'm extremely overdue: See Wikipedia:Reward board#African countries and cities or Wikipedia:Reward board#Africa culture article.
- Culture of Kenya or Culture of Tanzania (with User:Xed)
- Monrovia (or perhaps Dodoma) (with User:FrancisTyers)
Diagrams and photographs
My illustrations (and a couple of photos) can be found here:
<blockquote style="background: white; border: 1px solid black; padding: 1em;"> FOO </blockquote>
List of words to slip into casual conversation
I want others to be able to use my contributions with as few restrictions as possible. Hence, all my edits to Wikipedia (to which I have the copyright) are released into the public domain. I've been told that in some jurisdictions the concept of the public domain does not exist; if this is the case, then my contributions are available under the GFDL (of course), and any Creative Commons license.
|All contributions by this user are hereby released into the public domain|
|I, the author, hereby agree to waive all claim of copyright (economic and moral) in all content contributed by me, the user, and immediately place any and all contributions by me into the public domain, unless otherwise noted.|
I grant anyone the right to use my work for any purpose, without any conditions, to be changed or destroyed in any manner whatsoever without any attribution or notification.
|This is a Wikipedia user page.|
This is not an encyclopedia article or the talk page for an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user whom this page is about may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia. The original page is located at