||This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.
Disambiguation link notification for July 19
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Get Reading festival, you added links pointing to the disambiguation pages Reading and Joseph Wright (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
It's OK to remove this message. Also, to stop receiving these messages, follow these opt-out instructions. Thanks, DPL bot (talk) 11:04, 19 July 2013 (UTC)
DYK for Get Reading festival
(talk · contribs
) 00:03, 20 July 2013 (UTC)
I think I fixed the guestbook image issue with this edit - that's just a makeshift fix, though; I don't really understand what all those <div> tags do. Huon (talk) 22:36, 20 July 2013 (UTC)
GOCE July 2013 news report
|Guild of Copy Editors July 2013 backlog elimination drive mid-drive newsletter
- Participation: Out of 30 people who have signed up for this drive so far, 18 have participated. If you have signed up for the drive but have not yet participated, it isn't too late. If you haven't signed up for the drive, sign up now!
- Progress report: Thus far we have reduced the number of May/June 2012 articles to just 124 articles, so we're on the right track. Unfortunately, for the first time in GOCE history, the number of articles in the backlog has actually gone up during this drive. While all participants are currently doing a fine job, we just don't have as many of them as we have had in the past. We have over 500 editors on our mailing list, but only 18 editors who have done a copy edit for the drive. If you're receiving this newsletter, it's because you have an interest in copy editing. Join the drive! Even if you only copy edit one article, it helps. Imagine how much progress we could make if everyone chipped in just one article.
– Your drive coordinators: Torchiest, Baffle gab1978, Jonesey95, and The Utahraptor.
I am wanting to list my book on Wikipedia. It has a unique title. What makes a book worthy of Wikipedia? Thanks for any info — Preceding unsigned comment added by DjesusUndead (talk • contribs) 16:40, 22 July 2013 (UTC)
- Hi DjesusUndead, having a unique title isn't an indication of notability. For the article to go on Wikipedia, it needs coverage in independent sources, and you need to have looked at this, really. It is advised, for your first article, to create it in the wizard. Thanks, Matty.007 16:45, 22 July 2013 (UTC)
Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know I am glad to be reviewing the article Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban you nominated for GA-status according to the criteria. This process may take up to 7 days. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you might have during this period. Message delivered by GA bot, on behalf of Dusti -- Dusti (talk) 04:06, 23 July 2013 (UTC)
The article Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban you nominated as a good article has been placed on hold . The article is close to meeting the good article criteria, but there are some minor changes or clarifications needed to be addressed. If these are fixed within 7 days, the article will pass, otherwise it will fail. See Talk:Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban for things which need to be addressed. Dusti*Let's talk!* 04:53, 23 July 2013 (UTC)
I was strongly advised to speak with you! :)
I’ve started a page on ideaLab for a new Mentorship Program. Your name keeps coming up as someone I should be speaking with, would you have sometime to speak live via google hangout, skype or phone, I would love to pick your brains, I understand you've done some significant work in that area? Cheers and hope to hear from you! slv (talk) 23:04, 24 July 2013 (UTC)
- Hi slv, I have a Wikipedia email if you want to speak that way: firstname.lastname@example.org If you leave me a message, please give me a talkback here, as I don't check it regularly... I have two adoptees, one of whom seems as if he is moving away from the course, which is fine. I also am on the Freenode IRC, linked at the top of my talk page. If you wanted to talk to me there, we would likely need to arrange a time here. I have left you some questions on the page. Matty.007 10:26, 25 July 2013 (UTC)
∞ §haun♣༆ 01:05, 25 July 2013 (UTC)
Hi Matty, left you answers on the project page, I'll ping you on email to schedule a live chat. Thank you!! slv (talk) 19:49, 25 July 2013 (UTC)
The article Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban you nominated as a good article has passed ; see Talk:Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban for comments about the article. Well done! Dusti*Let's talk!* 01:17, 25 July 2013 (UTC)
- Congratulations! I had been wanting to put it up for GA for a while, but I never got around to it. I'm not sure if you know this, but GOF is the only book in the series that isn't a GA; It would make a Good topic if promoted! (If you're interested, I'd be willing to collaborate with you on that. ;) ~HueSatLum 02:00, 25 July 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks Dusti for reviewing it. HueSatLum: I will try and do that next, give me up to one week to re-read the book, then we can start work. Thanks, Matty.007 10:49, 25 July 2013 (UTC)
- Update:I am working on this in my sandbox, I will rework the plot summary when I have read the book, or as I go along. Matty.007 11:32, 25 July 2013 (UTC)
- I will work on the plot there, and everything else in the article. Matty.007 11:32, 25 July 2013 (UTC)
- Sounds good. I will try to work on miscellaneous cleanup and adding refs. Also, I've read the book numerous times, so I can help with the summary as well. ~HueSatLum 13:15, 25 July 2013 (UTC)
Hello, I'm BracketBot. I have automatically detected that your edit to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire may have broken the syntax by modifying 1 "()"s. If you have, don't worry, just edit the page again to fix it. If I misunderstood what happened, or if you have any questions, you can leave a message on my operator's talk page.
- List of unpaired brackets remaining on the page:
- ''[[Harry Potter]]'' series written by British author [[J. K. Rowling]], featuring [[Harry Potter (character|Harry Potter]], a wizard in his fourth year at [[Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and
Thanks, BracketBot (talk) 11:30, 25 July 2013 (UTC)
The Signpost: 24 July 2013
Prisoner of Azkaban
I saw the Prisoner of Azkaban passed for GA and went to take a gander at the article and I believe it isn't worthy and that the review that the article got was very easy on the article. Here is the Talk:Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban/GA2 reassessment page since you were the one that nominated the article in the first place and I have outlined my concerns with the article there. Disc Wheel (Malk + Montributions) 04:37, 26 July 2013 (UTC)
Disambiguation link notification for July 26
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that you've added some links pointing to disambiguation pages. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
- A journey of Samyak Buddha (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver)
- added a link pointing to Roshan
- Malta Song Festival (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver)
- added a link pointing to Maltese
- Yan Matusevich (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver)
- added a link pointing to Orthodox
It's OK to remove this message. Also, to stop receiving these messages, follow these opt-out instructions. Thanks, DPL bot (talk) 10:56, 26 July 2013 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
- You really deserve this one, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban the movie and the book are my favorite,
getting the article to GA, would you put a smile on my face today, Congrats with GA :) Prabash.Akmeemana 16:53, 26 July 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you! GOF is next, I just need to read it first... Thanks again, Matty.007 16:57, 26 July 2013 (UTC)
A Barnstar For You!
||The Designer's Barnstar
|Created for Matty.007 for exceptional use of graphics. Stmullin (talk) 14:47, 27 July 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you! Matty.007 14:52, 27 July 2013 (UTC)
Hi Matty.007. I'm WP:INVOLVED, so I'll let someone else assess the WP:CSD status. Thanks for your patience with me about the whole thing - it really is appreciated. Pete aka --Shirt58 (talk) 16:40, 27 July 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry, I probably shouldn't have CSD it. However, I feel that new users should have to go through AFD as default, it would stop articles which are unsourced and leave the reader confused. Anyway, thanks for rescuing it, I will have a closer look at articles from now on. Well done on your handling of the user who was mass creating pages, as well. Do you patrol new pages? Thanks, Matty.007 16:57, 27 July 2013 (UTC)
- No, you were quite right to add the CSD tags. It started out as a mess of promotional material, with very little to do with the actual person and a lot about a show he was in. (Oops: theatre jargon alert. A "show" can mean anything from a traditional Shakespeare production to the cheesiest musical comedy and anything in between, btw.) As for new articles, Wikipedia:Articles for creation appears to be a good filter. " I will have a closer look at articles from now on" - erm, yeah, do that. But please, please, please don't stop tagging the incoming ones that look like rubbish, because a lotta them are.
- "Do you patrol new pages?" Damn right I do, and I do it because I like patrolling new pages. I really enjoy learning about new things. Like for example, there's an up and coming bass-baritone from Atlanta, GA who is wowing opera fans from Zurich, Switzerland to Norfolk, VA. .
- ps: I don't actually like opera. I think opera is really boring. Don't tell anyone else I said this, OK?--Shirt58 (talk) 17:58, 27 July 2013 (UTC)
hey i have a question
how do you find existing userboxes and easily search like finding
without actually having to go to a user's page who already has it? tell me if that isn't possible or if it is - how, thanks! Exoplanetaryscience (talk) 00:20, 28 July 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Exoplanetaryscience, I think you want this, you can list them there. Thanks, Matty.007 10:51, 28 July 2013 (UTC)
The final draft of this deleted article is at the bottom of your sandbox. It is not formatted in accordance with the rest of the page, because I was uncertain where you would like it; but I imagine you can arrange it as you wish?--Anthony Bradbury"talk" 10:41, 28 July 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks Anthony Bradbury, but at present I have the link, but I haven't got sufficient permission to see the content. Thanks, Matty.007 10:53, 28 July 2013 (UTC)
- It's OK now thank you. Matty.007 20:58, 28 July 2013 (UTC)
Greetings! You have been randomly selected to receive an invitation to participate in the request for comment on Talk:Toluca Lake, Los Angeles. Should you wish to respond to the invitation, your contribution to this discussion will be very much appreciated! If in doubt, please see suggestions for responding. If you do not wish to receive these types of notices, please remove your name from Wikipedia:Feedback request service. — RFC bot (talk) 12:15, 28 July 2013 (UTC)
Thank you for your recent submission to Articles for Creation
. Your article submission has been reviewed. Unfortunately, it has not been accepted at this time. Please view your submission to see the comments left by the reviewer. You are welcome to edit the submission to address the issues raised, and resubmit if you feel they have been resolved.
Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
We are currently running a study on the effects of adding additional information to SuggestBot's suggestions. Participation in the study is voluntary. Should you wish to not participate in the study, or have questions or concerns, you can find contact information on the SuggestBot study page.
IMPORTANT CHANGES: We have modified the selection of articles SuggestBot suggests and altered the design to incorporate more information about the articles, as described in this explanation.
Note: All columns in this table are sortable, allowing you to rearrange the table so the articles most interesting to you are shown at the top. All images have mouse-over popups with more information.
Changes to SuggestBot's suggestions
We have changed the number of suggested articles and which categories they are selected from. The number of stubs has been greatly reduced, the number of articles needing sources doubled, and two new categories added (orphans and unencyclopaedic articles). We have also modified the layout of the suggestions and added sortable columns with various types of information about each article. The first two columns are:
- Daily average number of views an article's had over the past 14 days.
- Predicted article quality on a 1- to 3-star scale. Placing your cursor over the stars should give you a pop-up describing the article's quality (Low/Medium/High), current assessment class, and predicted assessment class.
The method we use to predict article quality also allows us to assess whether an article might need specific types of work in order to improve its quality. The work needed might not correspond to cleanup tags added to the article, since our method is not based on those. We have added five columns reflecting this work assessment, where a red X indicates improvement is needed. Placing your cursor over an X should give you a pop-up with a short description of the work needed. The five columns seek to answer the following five questions:
- Is more content needed?
- Does this article have an appropriate section structure?
- Is the number of illustrative images about right?
- Does this article link to enough other Wikipedia articles?
- For its length, is there an appropriate number of citations to sources in this article?
SuggestBot picks articles in a number of ways based on other articles you've edited, including straight text similarity, following wikilinks, and matching your editing patterns against those of other Wikipedians. It tries to recommend only articles that other Wikipedians have marked as needing work. We appreciate that you have signed up to receive suggestions regularly, your contributions make Wikipedia better — thanks for helping!
If you have feedback on how to make SuggestBot better, please let us know on SuggestBot's talk page. Regards from Nettrom (talk), SuggestBot's caretaker. -- SuggestBot (talk) 00:01, 29 July 2013 (UTC)
Ghegs were DYK article which appeared on the main page on 23 July 2013. Is it possible that it had 0 views statistics?--Antidiskriminator (talk) 08:33, 29 July 2013 (UTC)
- Either that, or the counter's playing up, which is more likely. You can see here though, there are no recorded views. Matty.007 08:35, 29 July 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you very much for your answer. --Antidiskriminator (talk) 08:40, 30 July 2013 (UTC)
- That's OK, I would advise asking at the technical desk (I think we have one) if you wanted to know why it went down. Matty.007 09:04, 30 July 2013 (UTC)
Speedy deletion tag on Amaan Ramazan You added deletion tag but I was about to complete the article, I also added stub tag so that others can help me improve it but you added deletion tag at once. This article was about a TV show on Geo TV. I have a lot of data for this article. Please remove the tag.UBS (talk) 08:42, 29 July 2013 (UTC)
- You need to assert notability, via sources. All you have said is that it is a TV show. There are hundreds of thousands of TV shows out there, what makes this one special? You haven't given any indication of the notability in the article, which is why I CSD it. Matty.007 08:47, 29 July 2013 (UTC)
I said it's a live transmission seasonal show on Geo TV. Isn't it clarifying that it's a tv show. Stub means under construction. Give me a chance to improve it please. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Umais Bin Sajjad (talk • contribs) 08:50, 29 July 2013 (UTC)
- Let's clarify: I am not disputing that it is a TV show. I accept that. I am saying that you haven't given any indication of the notability of the TV show. Stub doesn't mean under construction, see Wikipedia:Stub. Matty.007 08:54, 29 July 2013 (UTC)
- Another user changed it into a re-direct. Matty.007 08:56, 29 July 2013 (UTC)
What steps should be taken for notability? What are the main facts that cause speedy deletion? So that I can fix them. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Umais Bin Sajjad (talk • contribs) 09:00, 29 July 2013 (UTC)
- See Wikipedia:Notability (media), and please sign comments with ~~~~, which will automatically sign comments. Matty.007 09:03, 29 July 2013 (UTC)
Good luck with your project. I will try to participate, if not regularly. I have done a few article starts before and find it rewarding to see them take root. Cheers! Lfstevens (talk) 18:52, 29 July 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks, I have got the sorts of links a revamped homepage would have here. Thanks, Matty.007 18:54, 29 July 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for the invite to the official reinvigoration of Wikipedia:WikiProject Requested Articles. I am most definitely interested in signing up -- just let me know when & where! (Especially after July's invigorating Backlog Elimination Drive ... that was just a warmup!) Please keep me posted! (... & BTW -- thanks for the new Userboxes for my user page...!) (BTW 2 -- I also left a reply in your cool Guestbook!) JudyCS (talk) 01:15, 30 July 2013 (UTC)
- Lfstevens and JudyCS: I have created some tabs here, which give an idea of what would exist (by hovering over the links). I will now set to work on the re-design of the project, thanks for the replies! Matty.007 08:08, 30 July 2013 (UTC)
- And a dummy new home page for the project. Matty.007 09:36, 30 July 2013 (UTC)
You've piqued my interest. I'll see what I can do. I'm heavily involved in WP:TAFI so as you can tell i love working on tiny articles, or alternatively building them up from scratch. Def keep me posted. :)--Coin945 (talk) 10:59, 30 July 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for the reply, Coin945. I am currently asking around about getting barnstars for use in drives, and have changed the main page here, into a new colour scheme. I will update the pages of requested articles in the next few weeks, if I get no requests not to. Thanks, Matty.007 11:22, 30 July 2013 (UTC)
Thanks for the invite. I am willing to participate and extend all possible support. Regards, Milesandkilometrestogo (talk) 12:22, 30 July 2013 (UTC)
- Milesandkilometrestogo:thank you for your support. I will notify people about updates as they happen, thank you for your support! Matty.007 13:24, 30 July 2013 (UTC)
Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know I am glad to be reviewing the article Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire you nominated for GA-status according to the criteria. This process may take up to 7 days. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you might have during this period. Message delivered by GA bot, on behalf of Prabash.A -- Prabash.A (talk) 02:56, 30 July 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Prabash.A, thanks for taking on the task of reviewing the last non-GA Harry Potter book. I realise it is a big job, and appreciate you taking your time to review it. Thanks, Matty.007 08:08, 30 July 2013 (UTC)
- Hey, don't mention it! I would love to review your article right away, but I can't get online until later today, if you really want me to start the review now tell me on my talk page, I'm going to give it a careful read too. Good luck :) Prabash.Akmeemana 12:00, 30 July 2013 (UTC)
- No, I don't mind when you start it. Take your time with it! I think it would make the Harry Potter books a Good subject, but I'm not sure. Thanks again, Matty.007 12:01, 30 July 2013 (UTC)
- Yes it should, when an article that famous hits such a status it will make it a good subject for everyone else. Prabash.Akmeemana 12:37, 30 July 2013 (UTC)
- I checked about this at WP:FTQ. ~HueSatLum 18:37, 30 July 2013 (UTC)
- HueSatLum: this passed GA, so we now have a good topic! Matty.007 17:33, 31 July 2013 (UTC)
- Yay!! Congratulations, Matty! (Although see Glimmer721's comment below.) ~HueSatLum 22:56, 31 July 2013 (UTC)
I just wanted to let you know that I've tagged Abdul Waheed Choudhury for speedy deletion as it is a blatant copyright infringement. User:Dammal has created and recreated this page many times and each time he/she has violated copyright. I've warned the user to stop creating inappropriate pages.--Forward Unto Dawn 12:55, 30 July 2013 (UTC)
- If I were you I would tell an administrator about it quick! Prabash.Akmeemana 13:09, 30 July 2013 (UTC)
Ah, thanks Forward Unto Dawn and Prabash.A, I will tell an admin. I thought that page looked familiar... Thanks for the tip, I am asking admins now. Matty.007 13:22, 30 July 2013 (UTC)
Prabash.Akmeemana 18:19, 30 July 2013 (UTC)
When you got the time check out the refs for High diving. Thank you.--BabbaQ (talk) 00:02, 31 July 2013 (UTC)
- Hi BabbaQ, I will get round to it this afternoon. Thanks, Matty.007 07:22, 31 July 2013 (UTC)
- Done. Matty.007 15:24, 31 July 2013 (UTC)
- Appreciate it. Thanks.--BabbaQ (talk) 15:26, 31 July 2013 (UTC)
The article Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire you nominated as a good article has passed ; see Talk:Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire for comments about the article. Well done! Message delivered by GA bot, on behalf of Prabash.A -- Prabash.A (talk) 17:28, 31 July 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you! Matty.007 17:34, 31 July 2013 (UTC)
Your DYK nomination of Thinkwell Group
Hi, the rules require that a DYK image be present in the article, so the image in Template:Did you know nominations/Thinkwell Group will have to either be added to the article or removed from the nomination. Also, if you leave the image in the nom, note that I added a pictured which may not be ideal, so feel free to edit it. MANdARAX • XAЯAbИAM 19:24, 31 July 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Mandarax, if that is the case, I think getting rid of the picture would be better. What do you think? Matty.007 19:26, 31 July 2013 (UTC)
- I don't really have an opinion one way or the other. Depends on if it could be naturally integrated into the article. Whatever you think.... MANdARAX • XAЯAbИAM 20:05, 31 July 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Mandarax, I removed the picture. Hope this is OK now, thanks, Matty.007 16:07, 1 August 2013 (UTC)
butter vs squids
??? I LOVE BUTTER IT IS SO MAJESTIC I HATE SQUIDS THEY ARE UGLY ??? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Theamazingbutterman (talk • contribs) 19:41, 31 July 2013 (UTC)
- Please don't spam, or write nonsense Theamazingbutterman. Matty.007 10:54, 1 August 2013 (UTC)
Harry Potter GT
I'm not sure if you're aware, but by bringing Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire up to GA status, the series is now eligible for a Good Topic, which I had once outlined here. However, the project spans several years and so before it is nominated editors should check to make sure there are no dead links, plots have not been bloated, information has not been added without a reference, and everything is up to date (some of the "Editions" sections, for instance, may need updating). I'd be willing to help out if you're interested/have questions. Glimmer721 talk 21:13, 31 July 2013 (UTC)
- OK, I will do some work in the next few days, but am going on holiday soon, so will have to work on it when I get back. However, apart from the few things Glimmer721 mentioned, I think we will soon have a featured topic... Matty.007 10:54, 1 August 2013 (UTC)
- Glimmer721 and HueSatLum: what can I do at the minute to help improve the book pages? Thanks, Matty.007 09:08, 5 August 2013 (UTC)
- Hmm...the plot for Philosopher's Stone could probably be cut down, as could Order of the Phoenix. To keep consistent, there should be "Editions" sections in all the articles, and those that have them (Half-Blood Prince, Deathly Hallows) might need to be updated. I'm also a bit puzzled why Order of the Phoenix is the one with the section on religious controversy when it doesn't seem to directly relate to that book, but that's probably a question for someone else. Glimmer721 talk 15:03, 5 August 2013 (UTC)
- OK, I will focus on plots, and leave the other things to you two for now. I will start reading the books now. However, if there are still issues after I have done the plots, I will help out with them. Thanks, Matty.007 15:06, 5 August 2013 (UTC)
- I'm working on cleaning up the refs, which is turning out to be more time-consuming than expected (going through hundreds of sources, checking for dead links, properly filling out fields, etc.) ~HueSatLum 15:21, 5 August 2013 (UTC)
- Right. As I said, I will start re-reading the two aforementioned books. Matty.007 15:22, 5 August 2013 (UTC)
Hello, and welcome to Wikipedia. This is a notice that the page you created was tagged as a test page under section G2 of the criteria for speedy deletion and has been or soon may be deleted. Please use the sandbox for any other tests you want to do. Take a look at the welcome page if you would like to learn more about contributing to our encyclopedia.
If you think this page should not be deleted for this reason, you may contest the nomination by visiting the page and clicking the button labelled "Click here to contest this speedy deletion". This will give you the opportunity to explain why you believe the page should not be deleted. However, be aware that once a page is tagged for speedy deletion, it may be removed without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag from the page yourself, but do not hesitate to add information in line with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. If the page is deleted, and you wish to retrieve the deleted material for future reference or improvement, you can place a request here. Valenciano (talk) 13:47, 1 August 2013 (UTC)
Sorry if I'm mistaken here : but this WWikipedia:WikiProject Requested articles/Requirements looks like a test page? Valenciano (talk) 13:49, 1 August 2013 (UTC)
- Valenciano: no, it is a link to requirements for new pages, for the WikiProject (in case we get any new editors). Thanks, Matty.007 13:50, 1 August 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry the misspelling of the title threw me. I see you've corrected that so I've removed the CSD. Valenciano (talk) 13:53, 1 August 2013 (UTC)
- Valenciano: sorry, it was a misspelling in the tabs I had created. The WikiProject pages are quite small at present, I will expand them with time. Thanks, Matty.007 13:54, 1 August 2013 (UTC)
Just a quick heads up, I downgraded your A7 tag on this article to a PROD because a song from a musical isn't one of the topics that A7 applies to, and I think being a song from a highly notable musical is a valid claim of importance, even if it turns out a full article isn't the right thing in this place. Ritchie333 (talk) (cont) 15:45, 1 August 2013 (UTC)
- Ritchie333:OK, thanks. Matty.007 15:59, 1 August 2013 (UTC)
Fruit Ninja Puss in Boots
I have just created it, I believe u too can help. Kailash29792 (talk) 15:50, 1 August 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Kailash29792, I don't play Fruit Ninja Puss in Boots, and I don't think it is really my kind of article to edit. As it is in the mainspace, it should be edited by helpful editors anyway. If it hasn't got any help in a few days I will come and have a look at it. However, at the minute, I am trying to re-work WikiProject Requested Articles, which is keeping me quite busy. I hope this is OK. Thanks, Matty.007 16:04, 1 August 2013 (UTC)
As per DYK eligibility rule 1e, "articles that have been featured on the main page's In the news section are ineligible." While there have been articles that have appeared in both sections, this has been accomplished by the article first appearing on DYK and then appearing on ITN (ITN has no rules involving articles that have appeared on DYK). --Allen3 talk 18:37, 1 August 2013 (UTC)
- OK, thanks. I had vague hopes of WP:Four award for the article, but it seems not. Thanks, Matty.007 06:55, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
DYK for Shpitalny Sh-37
The DYK project
) 00:03, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
The Signpost: 31 July 2013
Disambiguation link notification for August 2
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that you've added some links pointing to disambiguation pages. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
- Aranattukara (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver)
- added a link pointing to Kottappuram
- Ralph Castellanos (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver)
- added a link pointing to San Jose
It's OK to remove this message. Also, to stop receiving these messages, follow these opt-out instructions. Thanks, DPL bot (talk) 10:39, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
Thanks for your comments - that was quick! Nominate whatever you think fit! Horis (talk) 12:20, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
- OK, thanks. You will get a notification when it is on the main page. I patrol the new pages looking for DYK worthy, or CSD worthy articles. Thanks, Matty.007 12:21, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
Requested articles - "requirements"
Did you have any remit to impose these "requirements" on Wikipedia:Requested articles/Mathematics? Or is this just your own personal initiative? Spectral sequence (talk) 19:25, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
- I am following the WP policy of "Be Bold": someone needs to help it along, it is a mess at the minute. And, I had said on the talk page and at the village pump that changes were coming. Thanks, Matty.007 19:26, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
- I hope this is OK. If you want to discuss it further, feel free to do so here before reverting my edit. Thanks, Matty.007 19:31, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
- Imposing new "requirements" on a dozen different projects and a template without consultation is beyond bold, it is disruptive. Telling people that "changes are coming" is not discussion or consensus, and disturbingly I see no evidence that you have ever posted to Wikipedia talk:Requested articles/Mathematics on this or any other topic, and astonishingly Template talk:Requested articles subpage header is a redlink. Discussion at Wikipedia_talk:RA#Changes has been underway for less than two days, and your last posting there said "I think speaking to the various WikiProjects sounds like a good idea. I will begin shortly". This was not OK, it was a very bad mistake. Please self-revert, go to those talk pages as you stated, explain your proposal and wait to gain consensus. Spectral sequence (talk) 19:44, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
@Matty.007 I also really think you need to discuss before making these bold change. For example I doubt "Links to the subject's website aren't reliable sources: so if they get given as sources, they will be removed". Basically all reputed university sources (for example home pages of noable professors) ARE reliable. The Legend of Zorro 19:47, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
- Matty.007 - I think it's great that you're working on fixing what clearly is a suboptimal RA process. I do think you need to stop, now - not add that template to any more RA pages - and get some feedback. For example, the header you're adding has at least one typo - missing right parenthesis, and "edit source" - which should have quotes around it - is not what all editors see. I suggest you consider the developments to date to be positive - you've got the attention of some other people; you've been bold and put out something that others can react to - and now it's time to get a sense of what the community of editors thinks should be done. (In that regard, I posted further suggestions in the "Changes" section of the WT:RA page.) -- John Broughton (♫♫) 20:07, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
OK, the consensus seems to be that we should accept nominations based on no sources whatsoever seems to be wanted. Therefore, I will revert tomorrow. However, if you feel I have made a mistake, please don't be rude, and accusing, assume good faith. If you want, revert them all now. I was simply trying to improve an overgrown section of Wikipedia. Matty.007 20:42, 2 August 2013 (UTC) Solomon7968:that is not their website, that is the website of their employer. They do not own the website, they are merely featured on it.
Spectral: as it seems to have got your goat, please feel free to revert the changes yourself. Also, the comments were at the village pump, and reanalysed on the talk page. Matty.007 20:50, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
- Following my edits being called disruptive has led to me reverting them,
and I will leave RA to someone else. Matty.007 21:13, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
- If anyone is interested, discussion is ongoing here and here. Thanks, Matty.007 19:54, 3 August 2013 (UTC)
- Update - I have notified User:emijrp (a prolific list creator) about your thread here. You might want to post messages on talk pages of some more users. The Legend of Zorro 20:45, 3 August 2013 (UTC)
- Ok, thanks Solomon7968, I am on the lookout for good editors, I have already posted invited to RA for some if the best editors at GOCE, and have heard back from a few of them, see above. Thanks for the help. Matty.007 20:50, 3 August 2013 (UTC)
Thank you so much for your feedback, really appreciate the review! I hope that other users will also be inspired to contribute to the Borislav Ivanov page, as there are a number of notable controversies surrounding this chess player.-- Oleg Morgan (♫♫) 23:33, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
- That's OK, Oleg Morgan. Out of interest, did you copy John Broughton's sign? Thanks, Matty.007 09:44, 3 August 2013 (UTC)
Hey again and sorry for the huge delay in getting back to you - it has been an unusually busy summer because of my academic commitments, so I haven't been very active on Wikipedia! Yes, it caught my attention and I hope that he won't mind (I am not too tech savvy and had some trouble figuring out how to create my own distinctive sign).-- Oleg Morgan (♫#) 12:41, 3 September 2013 (UTC)
- Thats fine Oleg Morgan, glad to see that you are still editing, copying editors is a good way of learning. Hope I see you around, Matty.007 09:50, 3 September 2013 (UTC)
DYK nomination of Kinnairdy Castle
Hello! Your submission of Kinnairdy Castle at the Did You Know nominations page has been reviewed, and some issues with it may need to be clarified. Please review the comment(s) underneath your nomination's entry and respond there as soon as possible. Thank you for contributing to Did You Know! Mackensen (talk) 01:59, 3 August 2013 (UTC)
Theatre of Jersey
If you think it's worth it, please go ahead. Thanks for the positive feedback. Man vyi (talk) 10:14, 3 August 2013 (UTC)
- It's always pleasing to see good new articles. That article is about three times as big as it needs to be for DYK, I will post a link to my hook shortly... Thanks, Matty.007 10:15, 3 August 2013 (UTC)
- You can find it here if you want to see how it is doing. Please feel free to suggest an alternative hook if that one isn't very good. Thanks, Matty.007 10:27, 3 August 2013 (UTC)
DYK nomination of Theatre of Jersey
Hello! Your submission of Theatre of Jersey at the Did You Know nominations page has been reviewed, and some issues with it may need to be clarified. Please review the comment(s) underneath your nomination's entry and respond there as soon as possible. Thank you for contributing to Did You Know! Soman (talk) 21:28, 3 August 2013 (UTC)
Re your recent edit at Jehovah's Witnesses' handling of child sex abuse, it would be helpful if you could start a section at the article's Talk page, indicating which sources you believe to be unreliable. Otherwise, it is unlikely that any changes will be made. Thanks.--Jeffro77 (talk) 12:06, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
- OK, thanks for the point. It was from a conversation on the IRC, I will say on the talk. Thanks, Matty.007 12:07, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
, contact the responding user(s) directly on their
This help request has been answered. If you need more help, you can user talk page
, or consider visiting the Teahouse
Can someone revert this please, I don't want to violate the 3RR too much. Thanks, Matty.007 19:01, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
- Someone else got first, thanks. Matty.007 19:03, 4 August 2013 (UTC)