This CV was created on Wikipedia, and should ideally be viewed on Wikipedia to experience its full richness. Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Maximilianklein/Consumer_Reports
Showing surprise after winning an award at the Wikipedia in Higher Education Summit.
|Occupation||Wikipedia Regional Ambassador|
|Known for||The Wikipedia as a Learning Management System|
Consumer Reports Wikipedian in Residence
University of California Berkeley (GPA 3.53)
Bachelor of Arts, Mathematics (2011)
- Lead and facilitated student-run course Politics of Piracy with Wikipedia editing integration
- Wikipedia Campus Ambassador (since program's inception)
- Logic: Incompleteness and Undecidability
- Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programming
Awards and Publications
- Award - Wikipedia In Education "Innovator Award" (2011)
- Recognition for the pioneering of "Wikipedia as Learning Management System" producing the highest content/student ratio, and most the lasting, informed new editors.
- Paper - Wikipedia as a Learning Management System at Wikimania (2011)
- Presentation of findings and insights into using MediaWiki as a replacement for common computing needs to familiarize users with technical paradigms of Wikipedia.
- Paper - Editing Girl Talk" feministing.com (2011)
- Nurturing editorship among unlikely editors provides broader, more feminist perspectives on-wiki, and challenges possibly biased community policies.
- Paper - Killer Features: The Vitality of Piracy Cultures awaiting publication in International Journal of Communications (2011)
- Motivations in piracy gathered from interviews with prolific and respected media Pirates.
- Wikipedia Regional Ambassador (2010-Present)
- Lectured and interactively elucidated principles and details of Wikipedia to undergraduate and graduate courses at UC Berkeley, San Francisco State University and Presidio Graduate School.
- Negotiated adoption of Wikipedia in Education methods with Professors from Harvard, Yale School of Medicine, and MIT, while recruiting and training in-person Campus Ambassadors representatives to support the and catalyze the wiki-fluency of students.
- Wikipedia Ambassador Steering Committee Member (2011-Present)
- Invited as consultant to join committee responsible for the strategy and spread of educating new and potential users. Advocated for expansion in ways to address the gender gap.
- Wikipedia Education Software Beta Tester (2012)
- Beta tested and aided design of new-editor-friendly user interfaces for the purposes of creating more welcoming, and less intimidating first-time Wikipedia experiences.
- Technical Consultant - Public Library of Science (2012)
- Advised and assisted full-time office staff of the PLoS Currents Medical Journals with knowledge management and presentation.
- Content Manager - Global homehotel (2011-Present)
- Envisioned and designed UX of  around considerations of modularity and scalability.
- IT Intern - California Independent System Operator (2010)
- Owned and hunted phantom bugs of executive management communication systems Exchange Server.
- Conversational Hebrew
- Board of Directors (2010-2011) - Berkeley Student Cooperative
- Volunteer Radio DJ (KALX)
- Proficiencies in *nix and LISP
Phone: 707.478.7023 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: 2227 Ward Street Berkeley, CA 94705