OK, who is this dude?
- Update: I will be in Anchorage until March 16, 2018** After that, I will be back in Juneau.
- My name is Michael and I hail from Juneau, Alaska, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Planet Earth. Sorry for all the detail, but I want to be easy to find when aliens make first contact! :)
- I greatly respect the people of Israel, but I have not yet made it there. I have friends who live all over the U.S., the farthest away from me living in Saint Petersburg, Florida. I would consider my friend (and former roommate) who lives in Idabel, Oklahoma to be the person who lives in - to me - the most obscure place, although I'm sure Idabel is a fine place to live.
I always enjoy constructive feedback. I love collaborating with other editors, as the kids say today, "Hit me up!"
As of January, 2016, I have created 28 articles, more than half of which are part of my participation in WikiProject Alaska. I also enjoy contributing photos to articles whenever I can, throughout this Wiki.
I sometimes make good faith errors, and I always try to make things right. That being said, I have zero tolerance for the following:
- People who overuse the revert tool. If an edit has been made in good faith, the revert tool should almost never be used. Want to change something and make it better? Go ahead and make an edit!
- Condescension, snarkiness and rudeness. I don't care how long you have been editing Wikipedia, it doesn't give you the right to be rude. Some of the editors who have been here the longest are most guilty of this. Hey, I've been here a long time too, folks!
- Removal of the "current event" template, when an event is indeed ongoing. Many edits in one day is only ONE criteria for using this template. It also adds the page to the Current Events page here, which we have for a reason. I have seen that template be removed when an article is less than one hour old! Slow down!!
My Wiki-Mentor and main collaborator: Rosiestep
Thumbnail version of me
I am sometimes known online as Alaska Mike or Juneau Mike. I moved to Anchorage in September, 1992 where I lived until February 3, 2011 when I moved to Juneau. I was born and raised in California and lived there until I moved to Alaska, although I also lived for roughly 9 months in Huntington, West Virginia in 1991-92 before a brief return to California. I then moved to the Last Frontier in the latter half of 1992. I loved living in all 3 of these states, and am proud to be from all of them. I am an avid camper, walker and hiker. Want to know more? Use my external links. If you have a Wikipedia-related message for me, please leave it for me on my talk page.
I take this simple attitude in life: Don't be racist, sexist, anti-Semitic, homophobic or otherwise judgmental in any way and I can work with you.
|This user rejects using notability as a criterion for inclusion on Wikipedia|
But, I will ALWAYS go with consensus!
WikiProject Alaska articles I've created
- 2007 Caribou Hills fire
- 2009 Mount Redoubt (Alaska) eruptive activity
- 2014 Southeast Alaska earthquake
- 2015 Alaska Sockeye wildfire
- 2016-2017 Cook Inlet natural gas leak
- Alice Rogoff
- Bartlett Regional Hospital
- Bergmann Hotel
- Drift River Terminal Facility
- Fourpeaked Mountain
- John Lemon (prospector)
- Juneau Raptor Center
- Juneau Mountain Rescue
- Anchorage Fire Department
- Capital City Fire/Rescue
- Lady Baltimore (bald eagle)
- Greg Fisk
- Hurff Ackerman Saunders Federal Building and Robert Boochever US Courthouse
- 2016 Old Iliamna earthquake
WikiProject Donald Trump articles I've created
- Black Volcano
- Cali Swag District
- Eric Durchholz
- JA volcano
- The Promise of Eden
- Klos C Did not create the article, but contributed most of the content as of 3/13/2014.
- 2015 Halifax train crash
- Sinking of the Dalniy Vostok
- North Fire
- 2016 US Marine helicopter collision
- Akron (2015 film)
Perhaps others I have forgotten!
Photos submitted to Wikipedia
I greatly enjoy photography! I have taken the following photos and added them to Wikipedia - the most recent being:
- JA volcano in New Mexico:
- JA volcano in New Mexico:
- Black Volcano in New Mexico:
- Folsom City Zoo Sanctuary:
- Alaska Railroad passenger train:
- Obihiro Park in Seward, Alaska:
- Benny Benson Memorial in Seward, Alaska:
- And http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:BennyBensonMemorial.jpg
- Bust of William H. Seward in Seward, Alaska:
- Spring Creek Correctional Center in Seward, Alaska:
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:SpringCreekEntrance.jpg and
- High speed watercraft used by the Alaska State Troopers Docked in Seward, Alaska
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:AlaskaStateTroopersBoat.jpg and
- Homer City Hall, Homer, Alaska
- Homer Courthouse, Homer, Alaska
- Cali Swag District on stage at Club Millennium in Anchorage, Alaska in the early morning of October 24, 2010. The club was SO dimly lit but the flash made at least 2 of the members clearly visible.
- Yung, of Cali Swag District, leans in toward the fans during a concert in the early morning of October 24, 2010 at Club Millennium in Anchorage, Alaska.
- Sheep Creek Hatchery, Thane, (Juneau) Alaska
- Salmon Creek Dam, Juneau, Alaska
- Capital City Fire/Rescue ambulance, in Juneau, Alaska
- Folsom Telegraph June, 2010 newspaper article not written BY me, but largely about me 
Places I've Been
lived here, 1991/92