|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
|The sanity of this user is disputed. There. You don't believe me? Well, look at the rest of the page...|
|User page||Talk page||Toolbox||Advice||About Magic unicorns||Barnstars||The DYK Corral|
- Per WP:SOCK#LEGIT, I have the following alternative accounts:
Good and Featured Articles
In claiming assistance or "substantial contributions" with a GA or FA, I am usually one of the top three editors in total edits or total text added. I am not claiming "lead editor" status from someone else who did more work than I. I also was not credited as a nominator for all the articles listed here, see Wikipedia:List of Wikipedians by featured article nominations for the list of those articles for which I was a nominator or co-nom. (I designated those articles with a black star: ★) I also added a link to each entry of stats showing who edited each article (as of April 2015[update]) to wit:
- Thoroughbred (★ 2)—Big team helped here, led by Ealdgyth
- Icelandic horse (3)—Hooray to Dana boomer for outstanding leadership and the heavy lifting!
- Andalusian horse (2)—Would not have happened without Dana's wikifairying, source-checking and general cleanup!
- Appaloosa (★ 1)—The first big team effort of WPEQ, and we did it -- TWICE!
- Horses in World War I (2)—This was Dana boomer's effort and her massive amounts of research, PHENOMENAL accomplishment to get a military history article to FA. I copyedited a little (OK, quite often, hopefully for the better). Wow!!! Go Dana!
- New Forest pony (2)—ThatPeskyCommoner did a great job and I mostly confined myself to Wolfcub adoption and being a thorn in her side! Great work, Pesky!
- American Cream Draft (2), only as the faithful second and genetics geek. Dana did more on the FA push than I did.
- Yogo sapphire (★ 2), the first non-horse FA I've worked on. Thanks to Pumpkin Sky and the rest of the team for leadership!
- Horse Protection Act of 1970 (★ 2)—First legal article, Dana Boomer and Montanabw kickin' it! Hoo-rah!
- Oxbow (horse) (★ 1)—Straight to FA without routing via GA! Thanks to a BIG TEAM: Tigerboy 1966,Craiglduncan, Froggerlaura, Eric Corbett, Ealdgyth and The Rambling Man for peer review, encouragement from TonyTheTiger, thanks to all FAC reviewers, and kudos to anyone else who is deserving that I have (inadvertently) left out here!
- Mucho Macho Man (★ 1), in collaboration with Tigerboy1966 (who kick-started the article improvement drive!), Froggerlaura, and the rest of the WP horse racing crowd! Thanks too to all the folks who did formal and informal peer review and the very thorough Featured article reviewers!
- Haflinger (2)—Lead editor Dana Boomer, one of her early GA/FAs. I barely have a claim on this one!
- William Robinson Brown (★ 1). First FA where I was truly the lead editor and my only four award, but much thanks to User:Churn and Change and User:George Ponderevo (aka User:Eric Corbett, aka User:Malleus Fatuorum) for a lot of assistance!
- Rainbow trout (4). Lead editor was unquestionably the illustrious Mike Cline, but I was #2 contributor by bytes added and #4 by total edits. Also given that I helped a lot on the FA push, I'm claiming "significant contributions"! :-)
- California Chrome (★ 1), to GA BEFORE he won the 2014 Kentucky Derby, and FA in August. A BUNCH of people need to be thanked, probably a dozen by now, for advice, peer review, copyediting, FAC review, and all those things that make wikipedia a collaborative environment, including article creator Greensodagal, who graciously put up with having the article editing taken over by yours truly!
- Percheron (2)—definitely second whip, but helped with both pushes and defending a GAR
- Banker horse (3)—FA led by Yohmom, a WONDERFUL young editor! All I did was fight off the trolls, give talk page advice, and then stand back and watch in amazement (and do some copyediting)! Hats off to instructor JimmyButler, the kind of biology teacher the rest of us wish we had in high school!
- Homer Davenport (★ 1), fun collaboration with User:Wehwalt! Horses AND politics! What could be better?
- Bazy Tankersley (★ 1), fascinating story, another Arabian horse breeder. Thanks to User:Wehwalt for help at FAC level and to Dana boomer for help at GA level!
- American Pharoah (★ ), Three words: TRIPLE CROWN WINNER! Special thanks to Tigerboy1966 for a good start and to Vesuvius Dogg for a strong finish, Froggerlaura for wikignoming, image-hunting and general expertise throughout, along with several other great editors who got the article to WP:ITN within hours and otherwise dove in and lent a helping hand on the day he won the Triple Crown! You know who you are and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!
- Arabian horse—My first GA, back in the day.
- Horses in warfare—My second GA
- Equine nutrition—My third GA
- Horses in the Middle Ages—User:Gwinva was lead editor! Great work!
- Horse—Teamwork, teamwork! Again, WPEQ project, Ealdgyth was the motivator
- Dominant white— First GA for lead editor Countercanter! You rock!
- Brumby, with Cgoodwin on lead for GA, good work, Cg!!!
- Lusitano, with Dana as lead editor!
- Sheila Varian, my project lead, with thanks to Jack Merridew for formatting assistance with the refs!
- Chincoteague pony, and again Dana took the lead, I would have been too scared!
- Finnhorse, Pitke's lead and all the research, I just spent a lot of time wordsmithing and asking annoying questions, but in sheer hours, I'm counting it!
- Shackleford (horse), first race horse GA, with good team, not the usual set of suspects, go TonyTheTiger, Craiglduncan and Froggerlaura!
- Morgan horse, A fun team effort with Dana boomer and Intothatdarkness. Thanks to a great gang!
- Kerry Bog pony, Dana did all the real work, I only did a little bit of the genetics stuff and helped shepherd it through a second GAN.
- American Saddlebred, another from the Dana-and-Montana team!
- Tennessee Walking Horse - and Ditto again!
- Paynter (horse), Oxbow's bro, great story. My lead edit, Froggerlaura, Tigerboy1966 and TheRambling Man helped! Thanks!
- Sergeant Reckless, PumpkinSky lead editor, I came along for a great ride on a horses in warfare article!
- Katherine Ritvo, great story of a race horse trainer! Thanks to Froggerlaura for image sleuthing and a tricky screen grab!
- Wild and Free-Roaming Horses and Burros Act of 1971, yay Dana, yay me!
- Rosie Napravnik, with thanks to Littleolive oil and Nikkimaria for their help! Girls rock!
- Pryor Mountain Mustang, Dana and Montana strike again!
- Thunder (mascot), the Broncos laid an egg in Super Bowl XLVIII, but the horse triumphed!
- Sip 'n Dip Lounge, mermaids, not horses!
- Lipizzan, Dana and Montanabw strike yet again! Shoutout to User:Conversano Isabella for technical input!
- Equus (genus), clearly second hand to lead of User:LittleJerry! Thanks for letting me assist!
- Jackalope, just plain fun! Vandal patrol for years and then User:Finetooth to do a GA push, dragging me along!
- Ahmed Zayat, another person making a "small fortune"* in horse racing. Thanks to Vesuvius Dogg and Wehwalt for their help! *If you want to make a small fortune with horses, you start out with a large one...
ITN nom credits
"Having too much fun with userboxes" section
Things to work on
|Stuff I will deal with eventually, maybe|
UCDavis rearranged all their genetics stuff, all links broken and need to be fixed in color articles:
UKy web pages: http://www.ca.uky.edu/gluck/AGTRL/Guide%20to%20Color%20Gene%20Testing.pdf http://www.ca.uky.edu/gluck/AGTRL.asp#color Link to all the places with tests: http://www.horsecolors.us/color_test_links.htm
Sources to cite somewhere:
Financial impact of the horse show industry
I think the following articles need to be created, and I will do so eventually if someone else doesn't beat me to the punch:
The following articles, last I checked, are in desperate need of help:
QPQ: Viola Hatch Template:Did you know nominations/Viola Hatch; Feb 2015