|— Wikipedian —|
Brian Añano (Nairb.Idi9) in 2019
|Born||Brian Gallo Añano|
September 6, 1999
Maricaban, Pasay City, Metro Manila
|Current location||Purok 5, Poblacion Ward 08, Guiuan, Eastern Samar, Eastern Visayas|
|Languages||Waray, Filipino, English|
|Education and employment|
|Primary school||Guiuan East Central Elementary School|
|High school||Guiuan National High School|
|University||University of the Philippines Visayas - Tacloban College|
|Joined||April 9, 2017|
|First edit||April 21, 2017|
|Edit count||116 total number of pages edited|
Brian Gallo Añano graduated With High Honors in Guiuan National High School, where he became involved in personal and extracurricular activities related to science, campus journalism, literature, child rights, and disaster risk reduction and management (DRRM). Añano is an aspiring meteorologist: he sees himself as an amateur meteorologist and had even immersed himself in a two-week internship in the PAGASA-DOST Guiuan Weather Station in his senior year. He is currently having his college education in the University of the Philippines Visayas - Tacloban College (UPVTC), taking up Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, although he is working his way to reach his dream job.
In his personal literary endeavors, Añano has published three short stories (two in English, one in Filipino) in Wattpad under his pen name BrianGAnano and still has a small collection of unpublished Waray poems in his personal notes. He is currently working on his first novel Kalayaang Napakasakit (Painful Freedom), the development of which is rather slow due to his focus on his studies.
As a contributor to Wikipedia, Añano has been a participant in edit-a-thons, particularly the 2019 Waray Wikipedia Edit-a-thon in UPVTC and the 2016 Waray Wikipedia Edit-a-thon in Guiuan that he attended when he was in 10th grade. As of June 2019, he had edited 67 Wikipedia pages, majority of which are from the English and Waray Wikipedia.
- 1 Early life and family
- 2 Career
- 3 Works
- 4 References
- 5 See also
Early life and family
|Search user languages|
Born in September 6, 1999 in Maricaban, Pasay City, Brian Gallo Añano is the eldest child of his ethnic Waray parents, Virgilio Salamida Añano (from Guiuan, Eastern Samar) and Anaclita Monecit Gallo Añano (from Catarman, Northern Samar), who were working as security guards in a shopping mall in Makati City at the year of his birth. At age 1, his parents brought him to Guiuan, where the family officially settled. Añano has four younger siblings to date: Ma. Vherlita, Aliza, Andy, and Virginia. His father, Virgilio, is currently working as a technician in Radyo Natin - Guiuan Station, while his mother, Anaclita, is a street food vendor.
Primary education (2006–2012)
Junior high (2012–2016)
Senior high (2016–2018)
College education (2018–present)
- Pumatak ang Gabi (Night Has Fallen; 2017)
- Kalayaang Napakasakit (Painful Freedom; 2017) - ongoing
- Mga Pahimatngon kanan Bagyo ha Pilipinas (Philippine Tropical Cyclone Warning Signals)
- PAGASA (Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration)
- BTS (South Korean boy band)
- Philippine Area of Responsibility (domain of the PAGASA in the Northwest Pacific Basin)
- Save Me (webtoon)
- "Brian Gallo Añano (@BrianGAnano)". Wattpad.
- "9th Waray Wikipedia Edit-a-thon". Wikimedia Meta-Wiki.
- "5th Waray Wikipedia Edit-a-thon". Wikimedia Meta-Wiki.
- "Global account information: Nairb.Idi9". Wikimedia Meta-Wiki.
- "Edit counter: Nairb.Idi9". XTools.
- "A Taximan's Story". Wattpad.
- "At the Transport Terminal". Wattpad.
- "Pumatak ang Gabi". Wattpad.
- "Kalayaang Napakasakit [editing]". Wattpad.