|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
I'm an English neurologist. I've also done some research into progressive nonfluent aphasia and related topics. I'd prefer not to discuss my real-world identity here: call me Neurotip (that's ˈnjʊə.roʊ.ˌtɪp, not njʊ.ˈrɒ.tɪp)!
Please click on the "discussion" tab above to add a comment or question to my talk page.
|Compression neuropathy||25.10.2009||created article|
|Dementia||25.10.2009||rewrote 'Causes' section|
|Neuropathy||25.10.2009||reorganised, see below|
|Rasmussen's encephalitis||2.3.2010||rewrote article|
|Bickerstaff's encephalitis||27.3.2010||created article|
|Chronic progressive external ophthalmoplegia||24.4.2010||merged with PEO|
|POEMS syndrome||4.7.2010||rewrote article|
- Neuropathy: various articles merged into Peripheral neuropathy, Polyneuropathy and Neuropathic pain; see also discussion and plan
|Acta Neurologica Scandinavica||16.11.2009|
|Cryptogenic disease||26.10.2009||see discussion of Cryptogenic redirect|
|Encephalomyopathy||19.10.2009||converted from disambiguation page|
|Familial British dementia||22.8.2011||as stub|
|MSLP||16.6.2010||converted to disambiguation page|
|Parinaud's oculoglandular syndrome||2.3.2010||as stub|
Ideas for future edits
- the central Google project page
- the WikiProject Medicine talk page entry
- pages I might be able to help with: Sleep apnea, Cerebral arteriovenous malformation
- Basilar artery thrombosis, Top of the basilar syndrome
- Brachial diplegia, Man in the barrel syndrome (see Watershed stroke)
- Brachial neuritis
- Multifocal motor neuropathy with conduction block
- Multi-system disease
- Neuronal migration disorder, but note Gray matter heterotopia, Cortical dysplasia
- Retrovirus-associated myelopathy
- Stroke scales:
Pages in need of attention
- almost all the opathies...
- myopathy, myelopathy, radiculopathy, even encephalopathy (and coma for that matter)
- also plexopathy, lumbosacral plexopathy and brachial plexopathy
- not to mention myeloradiculopathy and encephalomyelitis
- neuropathy articles still need work: peripheral neuropathy, polyneuropathy, neuropathic pain
- and the patterns of weakness: hemiparesis, hemiplegia, paraparesis, paraplegia, diplegia
- neurodegenerative disease...
- Gait abnormality and its children; of particular interest to me...
- gluten sensitivity and neurology...
- Gluten sensitivity, Coeliac disease
- Gluten-sensitive idiopathic neuropathies, Gluten-sensitive enteropathy associated conditions; should these pages be merged, or the section in the latter shortened and directed to the former?
- see also mentions in HLA-DQ1, Ramsay Hunt syndrome type I, Anti-transglutaminase antibodies
- Hereditary neuropathy with liability to pressure palsy now exists!
- Stroke (see discussion at neurology WikiProject)...
- autoimmune encephalitis...
- Voltage-gated potassium channel has no mention of disease at all!
- Morvan's syndrome, Isaac's syndrome, Isaac's Syndrome, Isaacs syndrome, etc.
- Limbic encephalitis, Paraneoplastic limbic encephalitis, Encephalitis#Limbic_system_encephalitis
- Anti-voltage-gated potassium channel encephalitis
- Anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis
- anti-ganglioside antibody: Bickerstaff's encephalitis, Miller Fisher syndrome
- Cerebellar ataxia, though note Ataxia
- Nerve compression syndrome (was Compression neuropathy) needs references!
- Demyelinating disease
- Mevalonate inhibition needs to be merged with Statin, and content needs review
- Mitochondrial myopathy; merge with Mitochondrial disease?
- Neurological examination
- Superficial siderosis
- writing articles...
- list of cleanup templates
- Wikipedia principles: medical reliable sources, neutral point of view