0.1.7 / January 5, 2009
1.0 beta 3-2 / June 10, 2010
|Type||Instant messaging client|
iJab is an Ajax-based Web application instant messaging program for XMPP/Jabber. It is free software and users can run their own instant messaging without limitations or software cost, complimenting the XMPP philosophy of a distributed network. iJab is interpreted purely by the client webbrowser. It runs solely in a browser and does not require downloading or installation of additional software.
- In-browser, non pop-up browser window
- Multi User Chat
- Vcard Search
- Roster management
- HTTP Binding thereby allowing near realtime messaging (much like Push e-mail).
- Escaper. "iJab:how to install it using ejabberd". ejabberd.im. Retrieved 2008-11-26.
- Cdubouloz. "IJab". jabberfr.org. Retrieved 2008-11-28.
- "IJab". softpedia.com. Retrieved 2009-01-16.
- "iJab - Web-based (Ajax) Jabber Client". imessengr.com. Retrieved 2008-12-01.
- "iJab with Openfire connects but stops after that". igniterealtime.org. Retrieved 2009-04-02.
- "iJab, Tomcat5.5.x & OpenFire". igniterealtime.org. Retrieved 2009-05-26.
- "Open Source Ajaxed IM Client: iJab". Retrieved 2010-01-15.
- Ray, Cheung. "iJab – Ajax Instant Messaging Program for XMPP/Jabber". Retrieved 2010-01-16.