I am an enthusiastic amateur history buff. Australian History is my main area of interest, particularly Australia's Military and Maritime heritage.
I have been in the book industry for over 30 years and have built up a large private reference library dealing with many aspects of Australia's cultural, social and political history.
At this point November 2010, I will try to add reference book details to Articles in these areas of interest and become a little more adventurous as time permits.
I did start some editing in Wikipedia in 2005 but work commitments soon put a stop to that until now. Over the years I have used Wikipedia a lot and developed great respect for the many contributors who have volunteered their time, energy and talents. I have gained much from Wikipedia. Now it is time that I started to repay a little of the debt.
My Reference Library
This is a listing of books I own that could be useful to other editors. Please contact me if you would like me to provide any references.
This is not a complete list of my book collection. I am currently compiling a list of books in my collection. They mostly deal with Australian military history and Australian maritime history. However, I will be adding books about other aspects of Australian history as time permits.Nev (talk)Nev (talk) 08:56, 23 November 2010 (UTC)
Australian Military History
- Billett, R.S.(Bill) (1999). War Trophies: from the First World War 1914-1918. East Roseville, NSW: Kangaroo Press. ISBN 9780864179777. OCLC 40270095.
- Brown, Colin H (1997). Stalemate in Korea and how we coped:The Royal Australian Regiment in the static war of 1952-1953. Loftus, NSW: Australian Military History Publications. ISBN 9780958669399. OCLC 222704427.
- Cassells, Vic (2000). The Capital Ships: their battles and their badges. East Roseville, NSW: Kangaroo Press. ISBN 9780731809417. OCLC 48761594.
- Edgar, Peter (2011). Sir William Glasgow: Soldier, Senator and Diplomat. Newport, NSW: Big Sky Publishing. ISBN 9780987057495. OCLC 713265769.
- Ewer, Peter (2008). Forgotten Anzacs: The Campaign in Greece, 1941. Carlton North, Vic.: Scribe Publications. ISBN 9781921215292. OCLC 457093199.
- Huxley, Jim (2007). New Guinea Experience: Gold, War and Peace. Loftus, NSW: Australian Military History Publications. ISBN 9780980320459.
- James, Clarrie (1999). ANGAU: One Man Law. Loftus, NSW: Australian Military History Publications. ISBN 9781876439668. OCLC 47236838.
- Mann, William (2001). Search and Destroy: The role of the Beaufighters against the Japanese Forces set to invade Australia, and the young men who held the Japanese at bay. Benowa, Qld: William Mann. ISBN 0646413058. OCLC 53221576.
- Mant, Gilbert (1995). Massacre at Parit Sulong. Kenthurst, NSW: Kangaroo Press. ISBN 9780864177322. OCLC 35012803.
- Marcus, Alex (1986). "DEMS? What's DEMS?": The story of the men of the Royal Australian Navy who manned defensively equipped merchant ships during World War II. Bowen Hills, Qld.: Boolarong Publications. ISBN 0864390122. OCLC 24200034.
- Rosel, Mike (2012). Unknown Warrior: The search for Australia's greatest ace. North Melbourne, Victoria: Australian Scholarly Publications. ISBN 9-781921-875748. OCLC 805286677.
- Weate, Mark (1999). Bill Newton VC: The Short Life of a RAAF Hero. Loftus, NSW: Australian Military History Publications. ISBN 1876439785. OCLC 222653850.
- Winter, Barbara (1995). The Intrigue Master: Commander Long and Naval Intelligence in Australia, 1913-1945. Moorooka, Qld.: Boolarong Press. ISBN 0864391846. OCLC 34425305.
Australian History (Non Military)
- Nyman, Lois (1996). The West Tamar People: The Story of the Early Settlement and it's well-established families. Launceston, Tasmania: Regal Publications. ISBN 1876261013. OCLC 38406622.
- Maddock, John (1988). A History of Road Trains in the Northern Territory,1934-88. East Roseville, NSW: Kangaroo Press. ISBN 9780864171870. OCLC 20000515.
- Swan, Keith (1970). A History of Wagga Wagga, NSW. City of Wagga Wagga. OCLC 101271.
Made a significant contribution to
Made a minor, important contribution to