From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Retired consulting engineer, interested in logic structure, relatedness and coherence in articles of all types. Bridge book collector on a small scale. Very interested in duplicate contract bridge but just a Palooka.
- "Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand." - Albert Einstein
- "Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein
- "I believe you should live each day as if it is your last, which is why I don't have any clean laundry, because, come on, who wants to wash clothes on the last day of their life?" - Albert Einstein
- "Jack Lambert is so mean, he doesn't even like himself." - John Facenda, NFL films in 'Top 10 Tacklers'
- "The quieter you become, the more you can hear." - Baba Ram Das
- "We don't make changes, we make improvements." - Steve Ambrus
- "Half the people I meet are below average." - Unknown
- "Ninety percent of the game is half mental" - Yogi Berra
- "A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two is never quite sure." - Unknown
- "I have a strong opinion on this one but I'm thinking of changing it." - gwnn (who is gwnn?)
- "I don't hear what you say, I only hear what you do." - Chuck Knox, NFL Head Coach - Seattle Seahawks, Los Angeles Rams and Buffalo Bills
- "I like how you punctuate ignorance with certainty." - says Tina to her pointy-haired boss in Scott Adams' Dilbert, 26 July 2012
- "The nice thing about standards is that you have so many to choose from." - Andrew Tanenbaum, Computer Networks, 2nd ed., p. 254
- "...bad ideas are much easier to come up with than good ones..." - Eric Rodwell, on Bridge Winners, Feb 26, 2014.
- "His record as a business man tells of confidence placed in talents he did not possess." re William Gooderham obituary in the Toronto World
- "Don't count the days, make the days count" - Muhammad Ali
- "Knowledge speaks but wisdom listens" - Jimi Hendrix
- "Let me bring you up to speed. We know nothing. You are now up to speed." - Inspector Clouseau