This is a box.
I study rapid urbanization, agrarian-urban conflicts, and the history of settlement planning inside and outside the state. I have special interest in city-states, resource governance, urbanization in South and Southeast Asia. In a past incarnation of my interests I wrote some things about New Haven and Yale history.
Aside from the whims of content writing and research, I get most excited about:
- Counterweighting imbalances of gender, geography, state centricity and mundanity;
- Enhancing the visual and structural credibility of credibly-researched articles;
- Illustrating the obscure and taking inventory in the thickening forests of public domain images.
Favorite tools for discovery include:
- Open Wikipedia Ranking, from the Laboratory for Web Algorithmics
- Mapping Wikipedia, from the Oxford Internet Institute
I'm here to help mind the pastures, wade the marshes, and roughen the millstones when I am able.