|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
I'll be all over Wikipedia really, editing this and that as it catches my interest, though having a specific and long lasting interest in it I have edited quite a few Science Fiction related pages, mostly minor stuff like spelling, grammar etc, but sometimes more. I did a lot of work in particular on constructing the Science Fiction Theatre page.
Saving information deleted from 36 article
If somebody knows how I can create something like a 'sandbox page', or put this into 'user space' could they please tell me how to create such a thing, as I don't know, and it's proving a bit messy & difficult to work with here on my talk page.Number36 03:49, 20 October 2007 (UTC)
- The Strait of Gibraltar is 36 miles long.
- The Lakshadweep island group is made up of 36 coral islands.
- The number of the French department Indre.
- Nigeria is divided into 36 states.
- Albania is divided into 36 districts.
- Only 36 of the 170 islands in Tonga are inhabited.
- Hanoi's Old Quarter is named Ba Muoi sáu Phó Phuòng or The 36 Streets district in English (Ba Muoi sáu = 36).
- Survey townships were 36 square mile units of land divided into 36 one square mile sections.
In the arts
- The number of rhetorical devices the 6th Century Poet Dandi distinguished in poetry, in his work Kavyadarsha.
- Total number of plays in the First Folio of William Shakespeare.
- 36 Views A play by Naomi Iizuka.
- Thirty-Six Steps A fantasy series by Tracy Truman 
- 36 Hours that changed everything was the name of a series of romance novels released by Silhouette in 1997-98 concerning the troubles faced by different residents of Grand Springs, Colorado during a 36-hour blackout.
- In the book series His Dark Materials the Alethiometer has 36 symbols.
The number 36 appears in some book titles, such as:
- Thirty-Six Valentines A romance novella by Julia Quinn.
- The Thirty-Six Dramatic Situations, created by Georges Polti
- The 36-Hour Day By Nancy L. Mace and Peter V. Rabins
- The Wonderful World of Thirty-Six by Rabbi Pinchas Winston, about the kabbalistic significance of the number 36. 
- The Thirty-Six Strategies is a Chinese collection of 36 proverbs commented as militaristic tactics.
- Thirty-Six Murders & Two Immoral Earnings By Ludovic Kennedy.
- Thirty Six Biggest Mistakes Salesmen Make & How to Correct Them by George N. Kahn
- Thirty-Six A collection of poetry by Steven Sher.
- Thirty-six Exposures by Kevin Major.
- 36 Days by Douglas Brinkley.
- Thirty-six Views of Mount Fuji is a series of prints by Hokusai
- In the title of the woodblock print series New Forms of Thirty-Six Ghosts by Yoshitoshi.
- Number36 is a Boston based Artists collective consisting of Christopher S. Brinkworth, Mike Lehman, and Nicholas Kain.
- 36 (or TrenteSix) is the pseudonymous name of a French graphic designer from Paris, a member of the Otonom artists collective. 
- Site36 is a collaborative multi-media art design studio in San Francisco run by Martha Wasacz and Dirk Gonzales. 
- There are 36 musical pieces in the Kinko Ryu Honkyoku.
- On the piano, the number of black keys (for notes not on the C major scale).
- Anton Reicha wrote thirty-six fugues in total.
- Thirty-Six is an American band.
- 36 Crazyfists is a post-hardcore/metalcore band from the United States.
- Runway 36 is an alternative rock band from Rochester, Minnesota. 
- Thirty-Six D is a 3 piece punk band from Haliburton, Ontario.
- 36 Hours was the name of a band from the United States, after their break up in early 2006, Vocalist/Keyboard player Jae Hugar has been working under the name ThirtySix.
- The Wu-Tang Clan's first album is entitled Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers
- Große Freiheit 36 is a well known music club in Hamburg, Germany.
The number 36 appears in some song titles, such as:
- 36 Degrees by Placebo (band)
- A System of a Down song called 36 on Steal This Album!
- 36 Beautiful Songs From the "Mountain EP" by Destructo Swarmbots.
- #36 by the Dave Matthews Band
- Ai Qing San Shi Liu Ji or 36 Strategies in Love, a song by Jolin Tsai. (San Shi Liu = Thirtysix)
- 36 days a song by the Christian pop-punk band Hawk Nelson.
- Six times six is thirty-six by Bert Hanlon and William White.
Television and film
- The number of episodes in the original series of Noggin the Nog.
- In Stargate: Atlantis the stargates of the Pegasus galaxy have 36 symbols.
- The number of original founders of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, and also the number of countries it's roster currently includes theatrical filmmakers from.
- Instant 36 is an Austrian annual short film festival/competition started in 2005, in which the participants have 36 hours to create a short film.
- O-36 is an annual short film competition started in 2004 and based in Orlando, Florida, in which contestants receive one prop, one line of dialogue and one genre, and then have 36 hours to create a short film utilising them.
- The "Illudium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator" is a recurring weapon which Marvin the Martian attempts to blow the earth up with in Looney Tunes cartoons.
- The number of people with superhuman abilities on the list, created by Chandra Suresh, in the TV show Heroes.
The number 36 appears in some film and television titles , such as:
- 36 (1999) A short French film directed by Mathieu Mathelin.
- 36 (2001) A short Austrian experimental film based on the number 36. Directed by Norbert Pfaffenbichler and Lotte Schreiber.
- 36 (2007) Announced as the title of a film in production written by Dean Georgaris.
- 36, the 2006 English title for the 2004 movie 36 Quai des Orfèvres, a French film directed by Olivier Marchal and starring Daniel Auteuil, Gérard Depardieu and André Dussollier.
- The 36th Chamber of Shaolin, starring Gordon Liu, directed by Lau Kar-leung
- Enter the 36th Chamber of Shaolin Directed by Kar-Hung Yau.
- Return to the 36th Chamber Directed by Chia-Liang Liu.
- Disciples of the 36th Chamber Directed by Chia-Liang Liu.
- Tora-san 36 Japanese film directed by Yôji Yamada.
- 36 Fillette, starring Delphine Zentout and Oliver Parniere, directed by Catherine Breillat
- The 36 Crazy Fists Directed by and starring Jackie Chan, also directed by Chi-Hwa Chen.
- Las Largas vacaciones del 36 aka Long Vacations of 36 Spanish film directed by Jaime Camino.
- 36 Wooden Men Starring Jackie Chan, directed by Chi-Hwa Chen.
- 36 Chowringhee Lane written and directed by Aparna Sen and produced by Shashi Kapoor.
- Room 36 Directed by Jim Groom.
- 36 Stunden Angst aka 36 Hours German made television series directed by Jörg Grünler.
- Été 36, L French/Spanish made television series directed by Yves Robert.
- Meres Tou 36 aka Days of 36(USA). Greek film directed by Theo Angelopoulos.
- Filminuto 36 A short animated film from Cuba by Jorge Valdés.
- 36 Hours to Die A television series directed by Yves Simoneau.
- Zimmer 36 A Swiss/German Film directed by Markus Fischer.
- Private Hell 36 Directed by Don Siegel and starring Ida Lupino and Steve Cochran.
- The 36 Deadly Styles Directed by Joseph Kuo.
- 36 China Town Directed by Abbas Burmawalla and Mustan Burmawalla. Starring Priyanka Chopra, Kareena Kapoor and Shahid Kapoor.
- The Shaolin 36 Beads Directed by Dah-tsao Lin.
- 36 Hours (1953) Directed by Montgomery Tully and starring Dan Duryea.
- 36 Hours (1965) Directed by George Seaton.
- 36K Directed by Paul Scheuring and starring Gale Harold.
- 36 ore all'inferno aka Thirtysix Hours to Hell, an Italian film directed by Roberto Bianchi Montero.
- 36 Ghante Directed by Raj Tilak and starring Parveen Babi and Danny Denzongpa.
- JNR Inspector No. 36 Television show starring Sonny Chiba.
- Joshu 36 ban aka Female Prisoner #36 Japanese Film directed by Seiji Hisamatsu
- Kilometrul 36 A Romanian film directed and written by Anghel Mora.
- I 36 colpi An Italian short film directed and written by Fabio Scamoni.
- 36 Hours to Kill (1936) Directed by Eugene Forde and starring Brian Donlevy, Gloria Stuart, Douglas Fowley and Isabel Jewell.
- North of 36 A silent 1924 Western film directed by Irvin Willat and starring Jack Holt and Ernest Torrence.
- The 36 Swordguards An action comedy film directed by Andre Chelos.
- 36 Pasos (2006) A lowbudget horror film from Argentina.
- A Perfect 36 (1918) A silent comedy film directed by Charles Giblyn and starring Mabel Normand and Rod La Rocque.
- A Perfect 36 (1932) Directed by Ralph Ceder and starring Louis John Bartels.
- C'est arrivé à 36 chandelles aka It Happened On the 36 Candles Directed and written by Henri Diamant-Berger.
- The Fighting 36th (1900) Early silent documentary film.
- The First 36 Hours of Dr. Durant directed by Alexander Singer and starring Scott Hylands.
- The Future of '36 aka De Toekomst van '36 (Belgium) directed by Willum Thijssen and Linda Van Tulden.
- 36 Via Manthonè Short Italian film directed by Barbara Dall'Angelo.
In other fields
Thirty-six is also:
- A perfect score on the ACT Exam
- The code for international direct-dial phone calls to Hungary
- In France muslin is associated with the thirty-sixth wedding anniversary
- In French, "36" is used as a cliché for "a lot"
- In the French expressions: voir 36 chandelles (literally, "Seeing 36 candles"), the equivalent of "Seeing stars" (as in being dazed), and faire voir 36 chandelles à qqun, meaning to beat someone so much they see stars
- The number of passengers who died when the German Zeppelin Hindenberg caught fire over New Jersey in 1937
- The number of nuclear tests conducted as part of Operation Whetstone
- The number of days of the reign of Roman Emperor Gordian I
- The American flag had 36 stars from 1865 to 1867. Nevada was admitted as the 36th state of the Union.
- The traditional number of courses in a Wazwan
- Doc*36 is a skatepark in Jackson, Mississippi
- Thirtysix is a German based clothing label
- In the name of the company 'ThirtySix Software, LLC'
- The number of the bus running from Ripon to Harrogate to Leeds in the United Kingdom.
- Number ThirtySix is a bed and breakfast in Glasgow, Scotland
- Thirtysix International is a guest house in Gurgaon, India.
- Bar 36 is an alternative bar in Sunderland, England.
- The fruit fly Drosophila, frequently used in genetic studies, normally has 36 bristles. Mutations may cause it to have more or less. Further breeding after mutations always brings the number back to 36
- The usual number of teeth for a healthy adult female horse.
- The number of cards dealt in the solitaire card games Flower Garden and Stonewall
- A suit of tiles in Mahjong consists of 36 tiles (4 of each numbered 1-9)
- The highest number on a roulette table.
- The highest number painted on aircraft runways
- The length of mourning of a United States president is 36 days.