At a 2004 exhibit, Los Feliz
|Education||UCLA Department of Philosophy BA, Harvard University, UCLA Graduate School of Theater, Film and Television MFA, Sundance Institute June Directors Lab|
|Occupation||Photographer, Filmmaker, Music Video Director & Artist.|
Miremont was born in Madrid, Spain and studied philosophy at UCLA and Harvard. He began his artistic endeavors with hundreds of esoteric aphorisms, graffitied in Downtown Los Angeles and the Mission District of San Francisco, culminating in a 60 foot piece on the side of the Museum of Contemporary Art in Los Angeles.
He transitioned into experimental film and has directed numerous music videos; the first of which was "Flower", by Soundgarden. His work in experimental film and music video caught the attention of the Sundance Institute while he was a first year graduate student at UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television. He was invited to develop his screenplay, The White Ocean, at the June Director’s Lab. He work shopped the script, directing actors Lothaire Bluteau and J. E. Freeman.
In 2010, Miremont had a solo exhibit of his photography at La Galerie Provacatrice, Amsterdam. The exhibit coincided with the premiere of the first cut of his experimental feature film, The Resurrection of Beauty. The film features Dita Von Teese and was screened at Amsterdam's annual Wasteland Event for an audience of over 5000 people. To commemorate these two exhibitions, his essay: "The Resurrection of Beauty- a manifesto for 21st century art", was also published.
- Glucksman, Mary: Filmmaker Magazine (winter issue, 1996), "production update column" - full page article on Miremont
- Alighieri, Beatrice (2009) "The Resurrection of Beauty: the art and philosophy of Mark Miremont", Revolutionart #17, March 2009 34.1MB pdf, Accessed online, January 3, 2011
- Chris Morris "Billboard Magazine" (January 18, 1997), pg. 14
- MTV.com : Miremont credited with video for Toad the Wet Sprocket
- Production Notes "Billboard Magazine" (August 16, 1997), pg. 74
- "The Sundance Institute Archive" Accessed online, December 23, 2010
- "Mark Miremont's White Ocean at The Sundance Institute" Accessed online, March 24, 2014
- "La Galerie Provocatrice, Amsterdam - photo exhibit, film premiere & manifesto release".
- "THE RESURRECTION OF BEAUTY film premiere in Amsterdam" Accessed online, March 24, 2014
- Miremont on Facebook
- STIRATO, issue #3 (winter 2007) "Mark Miremont: The Pope of Pin-up." Interview in ITALIAN Alternative Art Magazinescren cap
- SMOKIN' SHUTDOWN, issue #6, Interview in a defunct GERMAN Art Magazine (reprinted in the author’s blog)
- Y-NOT EUROPE, October 7, 2010 Article on Miremont, his photography exhibit in Amsterdam and The Resurrection of Beauty film premiere
- Miremont on IMDB (incomplete listing)
- The Resurrection of Beauty on IMDB
- The Resurrection of Beauty trailer on Vimeo
- Mark Miremont at the Music Video Data Base (very incomplete listing)
- 2010 projects on AllMUSIC (incomplete listing)
- Soundgarden & Miremont's first music video- click: BIO->Soundgarden->1989
- MTV.com : Lazlo Bane's video directed my Miremont in top ten for 1997
- IMVDb.com : Miremont video for Chris Whitley
- Miremont video for Lykke Li
- One of many short films produced by Miremont for animation house Mondo Media and its IMDB page
- Mamie Van Doren on working with Miremont
Category:University of California, Los Angeles alumni Category:Harvard University alumni Category:Aphorists Category:American artists Category:American film directors Category:American experimental filmmakers Category:American music video directors Category:American photographers Category:American erotic photographers Category:Postmodern artists Category:Living people