User: Paine Ellsworth
of many readers and editors of
Wikipedia is an encyclopedia that is edited by readers for the benefit of readers. Wikipedia is constructed so that its present readers and future generations will all benefit from the improving and increasing knowledge found on its pages. My hope is that this will lead to improved and everlasting global WisdoM.
Taking just a bit of a W i k i b r e a K for an undecided period of time.
...I'll check in once in awhile – provided I don't drop out the south end of a northbound tiger!
About Wikipedia and me...
WikiProject: Countering systemic bias
Project members create new articles and improve neglected ones.
|Please, try to never be offended by bias even if others have accused you of it. We are all brought up with prejudice, which can easily cause us to grow up biased ourselves. If you take offense then you just add to the problem. So keep your head and remember that the most effective way to fight evil is to spread the good. It's not always easy to counter systemic bias; however, on an ever-growing scale, that is exactly what we all must learn to do. Try to keep up! |
- More concerns:
– We seem to worry about so many different things, when this is arguably one of our most pressing challenges.
- Flight of the bee – A lot of our food traces from
- Origin of AIDS
- Online bullying
- Accessibility standards
- on Cosmology – (a subpage in my user space)
- on Death – (another subpage in my user space)
- InnSæi – The Power of Intuition, very good film about the ancient Icelandic term for "the sea within" (intuition) – unfortunately, with , the link was recently removed from an article about the only notable person involved – expected to be added back in soon.
- Meditation – and practice it!
- Self-hypnosis, similar to meditation, yet different
|Human beings are mostly H2O... water that decided to come up out of the rivers and oceans, to walk around, to look up at the stars and to wonder...|
Pillars of the Community!
To me, all of the following editors are right up there high enough to overlook and to oversee the five pillars!
Martin (MSGJ · )
This list is incomplete – workin' on it boss!
If your name is not here, then maybe it should be!
Principles and Policies
(particularly less experienced ones – make it less difficult for them than it was for us!)
so let it always be lots of fun!