Je suis Canadienne. I made my first contribution on Nov. 4, 2004, at 08:41.
Do you notice how the sun is both friendly and menacing at the same time?
Since its rude to be anonymous…
I live in the greater Toronto area. This is my blog. Have you ever tried Geocaching? It's as addictive as heroin.
Areas of knowledge are mostly in the humanities. I've learned that education is useless compared to real-life experience. Nevertheless, I have a degree from UofT (St.Mike's), and another one from UofT (OISE), and have also studied at Rye, OCAD, & RCM.
I got involved with Wikipedia because I learn a whole lot when I write my thoughts out clearly.
Wikipedia can never be an actual encyclopedia, because its democratic nature does not allow it to be authoritative. This is debated, however.
Wikipedia is one of the internet’s most amazing examples of the rapid cohesion and emerging personality of a global transhuman consciousness, for better or for worse, as predicted by Marshall McLuhan and Pierre Teilhard de Chardin.
I see Wikipedia as essentially an experiment in the possibilities of democracy, though some disagree. If debates can be resolved in the controversial pages of Wikipedia (a long shot), then there might be world peace.
Some personal tidbits: I was a violin student of Harold Sumberg, who was a student of Willy Hess, who was a student of Joseph Joachim. Sumberg, Joachim, and I have one other thing in common – the fact we all liked and played on C.J.B. Collin-Mezin instruments.
My main contributions:
Articles I've created
- 2 ou 3 choses que je sais d'elle (Two or Three Things I Know About Her), Abril Despedaçado (Behind the Sun), Jane Adams, Amazon Women on the Moon, Apparatus Theory, Art film, The Brother from Another Planet, Frailty, Intellectual montage, King David (movie) (stub), Kvinnorna på taket (The Women on the Roof), Nick Mancuso, Joe Morton, Amanda Ooms (stub), Proletcult Theatre, Prospero's Books, The Rachel Papers, Stardom, Stealing Beauty
- Salvatore Accardo, Amati String Quartet, Martin Beaver, the Bergonzi family (stub), Bonjour Stradivarius, Boris Berezovsky (pianist) (stub), Borodin String Quartet, Russell Braun, Victor Braun (stub), Calgary Philharmonic, Canadian Chamber Ensemble, Canadian classical music, Nathaniel Dett Chorale, Cannone Guarnerius, Casavant Frères, Charles Jean Baptiste Collin-Mezin, Charles Collin-Mezin, Jr., Daniel Band, the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra, Glen Kaiser, Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony, Gabriel Kney, Norbert Kraft, I Musici de Montréal Chamber Orchestra, Jacques Israelievitch, Kreisler Bergonzi, Orville H. Gibson, Jupiter Stradivarius, Anton Kuerti, James Ehnes, Johannes Finkel, Harry Fleishman, Eugene Fodor, Rivka Golani, Moshe Hammer, Willy Hess (composer), Willy Hess (violinist), Leila Bronia Josefowicz, Leonid Borisovitch Kogan, Mikhail Kopelman, Laub-Petschnikoff Stradivarius, Karol Joseph Lipinski, Rodolfo Lipizer, Louis Lortie, Richard Margison, Hugh Marsh, Shlomo Mintz (stub), Viktoria Mullova, Peter Oundjian, Paganini Quartet, Orchestre Symphonique de Québec / Quebec Symphony Orchestra, Rez Band (Resurrection Band), Erika Raum, Ángel Reyes, André Rieu, Camillo Sivori (stub), Lipinski Stradivarius, Messiah Stradivarius, Soil Stradivarius, Steven Staryk, Harold Sumberg, Tafelmusik (musical term), David Tecchler (stub), Rosemary Thomson, Tokyo String Quartet, Toronto Mendelssohn Choir, Viotti Strad, Jean Baptiste Vuillaume
- Avenue Road Church, Bayview Glen Church, BpNichol Lane, Cantab College, Fairmount Royal York, Hare Krishna Temple (Toronto) (stub), Vicki Keith, Newman Centre, Rochdale College, Steam Whistle Brewing, Tartu College, Thornton Hall, Tyndale University College and Seminary
- Adam Kadmon, Azriel (Jewish mystic), Evangelical Fellowship of Canada, Isaac the Blind, Murjites, Albert Benjamin Simpson, Aiden Wilson Tozer, turiya
Categories I've created
- Category:Christian and Missionary Alliance, Category:Canadian conductors, Category:Canadian violinists, Category:Canadian orchestras, Category: Luthiers, Category:Long distance swimmers, Category:Coming-of-age films
Articles I did not create but added to, or greatly expanded
The Black Obelisk of Shalmaneser III, Christian and Missionary Alliance, Church of the Holy Trinity, Toronto, Diet of Worms, Film editing, Vsevolod Emilevich Meyerhold, National Ballet of Canada, Ruggiero Ricci, Zhu Xi, Wang Yangming, Yi-Jia Susanne Hou, Giovanni Battista Viotti, Worship band, Haiti, God, Human, The Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra, The MAPL System, The Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts
Added images to the following articles
Bow Wow Wow, Coffee and Cigarettes, Canadian classical music, Jean-Luc Ponty, Penne, Samosa, Casavant Frères, Canadian content, Royal Conservatory of Music (Toronto), Robert Nathaniel Dett, Liona Boyd, Rivka Golani, Ernest MacMillan, Nathan Phillips Square, Fairmount Royal York, University of St. Michael's College, Newman Centre, Rochdale College, Tartu College, Bible, University of Toronto, Toronto Eaton Centre, Royal Ontario Museum, Stéphane Grappelli, James Ossuary, Vatican City, Jenny Agutter, Tom Waits, Iggy Pop, Portia White, Norbert Kraft, University of Trinity College
My gallery of images here
NPOV is a fallacy because it assumes objectivity.
There is no such thing as objectivity.
If you are completely sure of yourself,
then you've turned off your brain.
The best we can do is consensus.
Please do not link every single word.
Just link what is helpful to understand the topic at hand.
It's easier to read.
I agree to multi-license all my contributions, with the exception of my user pages, as described below:
|Multi-licensed into the public domain
|I agree to multi-license my eligible text contributions, unless otherwise stated, under Wikipedia's copyright terms and into the public domain. Please be aware that other contributors might not do the same, so if you want to use my contributions in the public domain, please check the multi-licensing guide.