Hi, I'm an Englishman now living in New Jersey.
Most of my time on Wikipedia has been concentrated on sumo, with the help of my colleagues on WikiProject Sumo. I'm particularly interested in improving the biographies of sumo wrestlers, both past and present, as there were few such articles when I began editing in November 2006. We now have articles on every yokozuna and all active wrestlers who have top division experience. I've created too many bios to list; my very first was Asahifuji Seiya. You can of course check here for the full list. Other sumo-related articles I've written include List of sumo record holders (I love stats) and a series on years in sumo.
I have long been meaning to get round to contributing to chess articles and have finally started doing so. I played fairly regularly for a club in London and have quite a few chess books. Biographies and World Championship matches are of most interest to me. So far my biggest contribution has probably been creating My 60 Memorable Games.
I see myself primarily as a "content creator" but I am a regular at Wikipedia:In the news/Candidates, I participate semi-regularly to Wikipedia:Article for deletion, and take a keen interest in Wikipedia:Requests for Adminship (not that I have anywhere near the experience in back-room areas to actually become an admin). My very first edit to Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard was to accidentally roll back another editor's comment, but I'm hoping I can overcome that inauspicious debut and perhaps contribute in a helpful way to future discussions.
Per Wikipedia:Alternative accounts, I have created User:StumpyOlegMcNoleg (a Blackadder reference) just so I can see things from a new user’s perspective on occasion (specifically, see what non-autoconfirmed users see and can edit).
On my to-do list
- Expand World Chess Championship 1993
- Create more "year in sumo" articles
- Write an article on Buddy Holly's Apartment Tapes - sources here, here and here. And here.
- Expand Tokitsukaze stable hazing scandal
- Improve Kaio Hiroyuki - article
- More details on college champions - useful source here
- 1991 Royal Albert Hall sumo tournament - sources here, here, here and here
- Dreaded vote of confidence - sources here here, here and here
- Alexandru Crişan    
- Syd Hoare 
- John Gunning (sumo) 
- Convert Japan Times urls
- March 2011: no. 3260 at 13,698 edits
- March 2013: no. 3751 at 15,328 edits
- February 2016: no. 4421 at 16,485 edits
- March 2017: no. 4184 at 18,775 edits
- March 2018: no. 3770 at 21,909 edits
|The Running Man Barnstar|
|For your tireless efforts in widening, improving, and increasing the accuracy of the sumo presence on Wikipedia. Malnova 18:50, 10 July 2007 (UTC)|
|The Umeboshi Sumo Trophy|
|For making wikipedia more Sumo friendly. XinJeisan 09:37, 20 July 2007 (UTC)|
|The Tireless Contributor Barnstar|
|for your work on sumo andycjp (talk) 11:53, 5 February 2011 (UTC)|