User:Pmsyyz/445th Air Expeditionary Advisory Squadron
The 445th Air Expeditionary Advisory Squadron (445 AEAS) is an inactive unit of the United States Air Force that last provided base communications support at Shindand Air Base (formerly Forward Operating Base Shindand), Afghanistan. It is part of the 838th Air Expeditionary Advisory Group, which is in turn part of the 438th Air Expeditionary Wing.
The 444th Expeditionary Communications Squadron (444 ECS) was active in 2003 for a few months under the short lived 444th Air Expeditionary Wing to support the preparation for and initial invasion of Iraq for Operation Iraqi Freedom. It was inactive for the next seven years.
The 444 ECS "Nomads" was reactivated in mid 2010 at FOB Shindand, Afghanistan with 50 personnel reporting to the 451st Air Expeditionary Wing at Kandahar Air Field. Shortly thereafter, in August or September, it was redesignated 445th Air Expeditionary Advisory Squadron and reported to the 838th Air Expeditionary Advisory Group. The first group of Airmen deployed to the squadron had a tradition of playing rugby. The unit laid the first fiber optic cable at the base.
To do: insert photo from below ref
In March 2012, the unit setup the communications for an English language immersion school.
Between December 23, 2013 and February 2, 2014, a Raytheon contractor stole over 150 pieces of computers and communications equipment valued at over $332,000, much of it from the squadron's storage containers.
|Squadron photo, March 2012|
|Sq. coin for first half of 2012|
The squadron was inactivated when communication services were taken over by the Army as part of 47th Garrison Command.
- Major Noland T. Greene (34th Combat Communications Squadron), mid 2010 - 29 Dec 2010
- Major Shelly Prescod (34th CBCS), 30 Dec 2010 - June 2011
- Major Caleb A. Malcolm (54th Combat Communications Squadron), June 2011 - Dec 2011
- Lt Col Timothy M. Jeandron (236th Combat Communications Squadron), Dec 2011 - 21 June 2012
- Major Joseph P. Meister (239th Combat Communications Squadron), 22 June 2012 - ? 2013
- Airmen First Class Briana Gordillo, Humanitarian mission adds perspective, 445th Air Expeditionary Advisory Squadron, 10/3/2011
- Neal Ungerleider, Skype's Special Delivery For Active Duty Dads, Fast Company, 18 Nov 2011
- Skype Babies, YouTube
- intercom. April 2003, p. 20, Information managers: combat communicators
- Shindand Sentinel, Volume 1, Issue 1, 31 July 2010 
- MC2 Vladimir Potapenko, Shindand Rugby Fever, 11/20/2010
- USAFCENT Special Order G-27772, 12 June 2012
- Communicators keeping you connected in Afghanistan, 22 March 2012, AFCENT
- Air Guard unit returns from Afghanistan, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, February 22, 2013
- Man Admits to Stealing $332K in Computer Equipment From Afghanistan Air Base
- Plea Agreement, UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT NORTHERN DISTRICT OF ILLINOIS, EASTERN DIVISION, No. 14 CR 720, USA v. TIMOTHY L. MAURER
- Change of Command Invitation
- Change of Command Storyboard; and photos