In real life I am Paul Gardner. I work at the University of Otago where I teach into Bioinformatics, Genomics, Biochemistry and Genetics courses. Occasionally I publish articles about being a Wikipedian.
I have worked at the University of Canterbury and on the Rfam project at the Sanger Institute and spent time as a postdoc at the University of Copenhagen and Bielefeld University and was a student at Massey University. I am interested in all things ncRNA related, particularly RNA bioinformatic analysis.
I am the Assistant Editor in Chief for the journal RNA Biology, where I run the RNA families track. The requirements for publishing in this track are a short article about a ncRNA, an alignment and consensus structure in Stockholm format and a Wikipedia article. You can read more at NatureNews, WikiNews or my blog post at Xfam.
If you're interested in writing an article for the journal then here are the guidelines and here is a rough template for the Wikipedia article:
- Here is a list of Wikipedia pages used for annotating Rfam 9.1.
- Here is a list of Wikipedia pages used for annotating Rfam 10.0.
- Here is a list of Wikipedia pages used for annotating Rfam 10.1 <-- is now a broken link
- Here is a list of Wikipedia pages used for annotating Rfam 11.1
Pages I've created and/or contributed to
- Daub J, Gardner PP, Tate J, Ramsköld D, Manske M, Scott WG, Weinberg Z, Griffiths-Jones S, Bateman A (2008). "The RNA WikiProject: community annotation of RNA families". RNA. 14 (12): 2462–4. PMID 18945806.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- Gardner PP, Bateman A (2009). "A home for RNA families at RNA Biology". RNA Biology. 6 (1): 2–4. doi:10.4161/rna.6.1.7635.
- Logan DW, Sandal M, Gardner PP, Manske M, Bateman A (2010). "Ten simple rules for editing Wikipedia". PLoS Comput Biol. 6 (9). PMID 20941386.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- Gardner PP, Daub J, Tate J, Moore BL, Osuch IH, Griffiths-Jones S, Finn RD, Nawrocki EP, Kolbe DL, Eddy SR, Bateman A (2010). "Rfam: Wikipedia, clans and the "decimal" release". Nucleic Acids Res. PMID 21062808.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- Finn RD, Gardner PP, Bateman A (2012). "Making your database available through Wikipedia: the pros and cons". Nucleic Acids Res. 40 (Database issue): D9-12. PMID 22144683.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- Gardner P (2012). "Three years of RNA Families". RNA Biol. 9 (1): 2–3. PMID 22258139.
Boxes I fit in
|Has lived in:|