Hello and welcome to my userpage!
|— Wikipedian ♂ —|
Randomly generated image from my uploads.
Full collection at the bottom of this page!
|Current location||Colombo, Sri Lanka|
|Current time||04:17, 6 December 2020 IST [refresh]|
|Joined||23 May 2008|
(12 years, 6 months and 12 days ago)
|WikiProjects||Birds, Dams, Energy, Geography, Infoboxes, Maps, Mountains, Rivers, Sri Lanka, Skyscrapers, Templates, Wikidata, WikiProject Council.|
Hello, I'm Rehman. I was born in Manama and have lived there for about a decade, before moving to my current location in Colombo, Sri Lanka. My interests include researching, photographing, writing about, and developing renewable energy (particularly solar and wind power), and limnology (i.e. dams and rivers), hence my work here on Wikipedia (and Commons) also mostly circle around these areas.
Things I enjoy include travelling, hiking, community work (cleanups, building/renovating schools, etc), building computers, photography, star gazing, and most things in between. My real-life work experience includes banking, renewable energy, and cybersecurity. Outside content writing, I work on improving infoboxes and navigation templates, attend to admin tasks on the English Wikipedia and Commons, Wikidata-related work, offline Wiki(m)pedia outreach, and other related things. Wherever needed, I also help improve policy and guideline pages, as I strongly believe that these pages need to be very simple, clear, and up to date, particularly on rapidly growing sites like Wikipedia and Commons. If you require any private assistance, including stopping cyberbullies, please feel free to email me and I'd be glad to assist in whichever way I can.
If you are interested in topics relating to, or are from Sri Lanka, do consider joining the Wikimedia Community User Group for Sri Lanka. It is an official Wikimedia usergroup for interested editors, regardless of language background or which Wikimedia project your are contributing to. We are on the lookout for more experienced hands in order to do more serious projects with wider impact (such as FOP in Sri Lanka!). Your assistance in spreading awareness of this group is also much welcomed. You may also wish to join Wikimedia-LK, the usergroup's official mailing list.
Today's Featured Article
The Pyramid of Neferirkare was built for the Fifth Dynasty pharaoh Neferirkare Kakai in the 25th century BC. It was the tallest structure on the highest site at the Abusir necropolis and still towers above it today. The Fifth Dynasty marked the end of the great pyramid constructions during the Old Kingdom. Pyramids of the era were smaller and had intricate relief decoration. Neferirkare's pyramid was originally built as a step pyramid, a design antiquated after the Third Dynasty (26th or 27th century BC). Alterations were intended to convert it into a true pyramid, but the pharaoh's death left the project to his successors. Completed in haste, Neferirkare's monument lacked a valley temple and pyramid town. Instead, there was a small settlement of mudbrick houses where cult priests could conduct their daily activities. The Abusir papyri were discovered in the temple of Neferirkare in 1893. (Full article...)
Did You Know?
Vivianne Miedema playing for Arsenal
- ... that Arsenal footballer Vivianne Miedema (pictured) is the all-time leading scorer in the FA Women's Super League and has scored more goals at the international level than any other Dutch player?
- ... that in the 17th-century card game of Penneech, named after its highest card, the seven of diamonds, the trump suit changes with each trick?
- ... that to promote their 2011 concept album David Koresh Superstar, based on the 1993 Waco siege, UK indie rock band the Indelicates created the video game Super David Koresh Attack?
- ... that Maine's Lewiston Daily Sun and its successor, the Sun Journal, were owned by the same family—Louis B. Costello, his son, and grandson—for more than 70 years?
- ... that a petition by Canadian member of parliament Pierre Poilievre to stop the Great Reset amassed 80,000 signatures after a conspiracy theory spread about it?
- ... that Andrew Clyde became involved in politics after being subject to a civil asset forfeiture of nearly $1 million by the Internal Revenue Service?
- ... that the Plessey AR-3D made a silk purse of a sow's ear by using the annoying problem of "squint" to produce a simple 3D radar?
- ... that Chorabari Lake no longer exists?
On This Day...
In The News
Valéry Giscard d'Estaing
Picture of the Day
Experiencing the world is one of my greatest pleasures.
I'm fortunate to have been able to travel to these countries:
Rehman's achievements, barnstars, and featured items...
||The Original Barnstar
|Rehman is kind, patient, incredibly knowledgeable and without a doubt knows wikimedia inside out. Even though I am a complete dunce regarding wiki he helped me at every stage and I now have a wonderful page which I am eternally grateful for. I count myself so lucky to have had the assistance of Rehman. He is a brilliant editor and a real gentleman Kareenza (talk) 06:12, 21 June 2018 (UTC)
||The Barnstar of Good Humor!
|Hello Rehman. You have signed my guestbook! Thank you very much.--Pratyya (Hello!) 04:27, 20 February 2013 (UTC)
||The Excellent Userpage Award
|Congratulations on a very informative and beautifully presented user page! Johnfos (talk) 00:14, 8 December 2010 (UTC)
||The Working Man's Barnstar
|For your tireless contributions to improve power stations-releted templates and articles, I award to you this barnstar. Beagel (talk) 14:54, 27 November 2010 (UTC)
||The Secret Subpage Finder Barnstar
|This user has found Hi878's secret hidden sub page! Will you be the next one to find it? Try it here!
||The Resilient Barnstar
|I'm sorry your RfA failed, but well done for taking the criticism offered on the chin. I genuinely hope to see you back at RfA in a few months when you think those issues have been resolved. I have a failed RfA of my own, so I cna tell you it's not necessarily a bad thing! All the best, HJ Mitchell | fancy a chat? 15:35, 25 January 2010 (UTC)
Click here to sign!
- Hello! Here is my guestbook, which you can sign if you would like! NikolaiHo☎️ 03:50, 26 December 2017 (UTC)
- Dropped by to say hi! It felt nice to meet you in person. Netha (talk) 12:08, 8 November 2017 (UTC)
- Nice work on the Sri Lanka dams. ϢereSpielChequers 11:55, 29 December 2015 (UTC)
- PendingTell me I screwed up! 21:55, 23 January 2014 (UTC)
- Keep up the good work! -- œ™ 20:01, 2 September 2013 (UTC)
- Hi there.... Sign mine? KuwarOnline Talk 16:15, 6 March 2013 (UTC)
- Mediran wuzzz here... ! Haha... glad to sign here and nice to meet you! umm.. would you mind to sign my guestbook? Thanks, Mediran (t • c) 04:15, 23 February 2013 (UTC)
- Hey, Rehman, I really like your userpage! Greengreengreenred 18:55, 18 February 2013 (UTC)
- Nice page. Rehman nice to meet you also. Wanna give some time to mine??!!!--Pratyya (Hello!) 07:25, 18 February 2013 (UTC)
- Glad to sign your guestbook. Feel free to sign my guestbook [Guestbook] Thanks R♣MuthusamyTalk 12:29, 18 April 2012 (UTC)
- Algamicagrat (talk) 21:37, 15 March 2012 (UTC)
- Hello. sign mine? --Perseus8235 18:05, 11 February 2011 (UTC)
- Hello philip robinson here. Ilkeston1990 22:16, 4 January 2011 (UTC)
- Hey. Thanks for singing my guestbook. Returning the favor. ;) ΣПDiПG–STΛЯT 06:24, 5 December 2010 (UTC)
- Care to reciprocate? And thanks for the comment on my editor review! Ks0stm (T•C•G) 06:37, 4 December 2010 (UTC)
- Thx for signing mine! Smiley4541 (Click to Talk) 00:44, 24 November 2010 (UTC)
- Knowing guy Said: Hi,thanx!! I'm new here and completely illiterate in wikiing! :D 14:22, 21 November 2010 (UTC)
- NortyNort (Holla) wuz here!! 02:31, 12 November 2010 (UTC)
- Here's my real signature, and an offer to sign mine! Finalius (Ecru?!) 13:13, 7 November 2010 (UTC)
The majority of my uploads can be classed into the below categories. Between 2019-12-01 and 2019-12-31, these files were viewed 3.5 million times, through 1,089 articles on 98 wikis. The stats exclude external usages (i.e. news articles, travel pages, etc). Source: Glamorgan.
2019-04-01 - Silopor facility, Trafaria, Portugal.
2016-06-19 - Ticino, near Milan-Malpensa Airport, Italy.
2018-07-25 - Roads near Cape Town, South Africa.
2019-04-01 - Wind farm in Panketal, Germany.
Submarine in Lisbon, Protugal.
MSC Rafaela, Hong Kong.]]
Hercules Highway, Colombo.
- Wikipedia ads error: ID '157' does not exist (help).
||This is a Wikipedia user page.
If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated, and that the user this page belongs to may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Rehman.