This used to say that I am a fairly new user to Wikipedia. I guess I'm not that new anymore (I've passed my "Wikipedia birthday"). I've been using Wikipedia for research for a couple years, and contributing since October of 2005. I decided to start contributing because I saw some errors and wanted to help out on a project that had benefited me so much.
There are a few main things that will usually motivate me to edit:
- Incorrect information
- Bad grammar
- Pages that have been over wikified (my pet peeve!)
- Pages with over-linked years
- Self-important companies spamming articles with common search keywords linked to their web site. (Worst of all, when the URL is encoded with a marketing campaign flag, such as "?from=wkpdia")
Other Pet Peeves:
- Use of the phrase "ever since" (of which there appear to be
153,000 instances(now down to 12,900!) on Wikipedia, according to Google).
- Use of the word "portmanteau" (and subsequent gratuitous wiki-linking). Even though it has a real meaning, it describes such a simple concept that I believe people only use it to sound smart. I don't think Wikipedia should be in the business of "sounding smart", so I am trying to think of a bullet-proof replacement I could use across Wikipedia for it. If you can think of something, let me know. (Update: I have been informed that "blend" is the proper word for this use.)
- New Use of the word "boxen" as a plural for "box".
What does my username mean?
I am one of a relatively small group of people that respond "none" on car information surveys asking how many cylinders the engine has. This is because the engine is a rotary engine—more specifically, the Mazda Renesis 1.3L rotary built to power the RX-8.
Please leave me a message on my talk page!
Thanks for stopping by; I'd like to hear why you landed here!
If you are here because I made a change you didn't agree with or I did something stupid, please let me know! Any change I've made is absolutely open for discussion with me; even if you are just going to change it anyway, I'd still like to hear about it!
Renesis13 21:53, 16 December 2005 (UTC)
This list is currently incomplete.
- My user ID: 475878
- This page's ID: 3444867
List of pages I have written, rewritten or substantially revised
Please review and edit my work, another pair of eyes always helps!
List of pages I'd like to work on
Pages needing grammar, spelling, or punctuation help
Pages needing rewriting in the style of an encyclopedia
My World View
- You scored as Cultural Creative. Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.
|My World View