User:Robocoder/Ontario Real Estate
The Ontario Real Estate Association (OREA) doesn't cite references for all their "numbers".
- 2001: 11.9 million (Ontario), 9.66 million (urban, 85%), 1.75 million (rural, 15%)
- Golden Horseshoe
- 2005: 12.54 million (Ontario, 38.9%), 32.27 million (nationally)
- Housing - total dwelling units (single family homes), home ownership vs rental
- Building permits (residential vs non-residential)
- Internet use 
- 2003: Ontario 68.4% of households surveyed have Internet from any location, vs 64.2% nationally
- Venture capital 
- 2005: Ontario firms receive $552 million of $1.829 billion invested nationally
- Maintenance (repairs, alternations)
- Improvements, capital expenditures
- 2005: Torontonians spend $4.59 billion -- an increase of eight percent over 2004 -- upgrading and improving their homes according to the Greater Toronto Home Builders' Association and are expected to spend even more this year. (Source: CHBA and Will Dunning Inc.)
- 2006-09-14: cooling US housing market and higher interest rates putting pressure on furniture manufacturing companies (Furniture Brands, Ethan Allen, Stanley) as consumers postpone or scale back purchases.
- 2006-09-11: Retailers across the country reported decent to strong Labor Day weekend results. Aggressive promotions a factor. Cautiously optimistic for rest of year.
- Interest rates, inflation, CAD to USD
- see wdunning.com
- Consumer confidence
- phantom offers (similar to Wiktionary:dummy bid)
- sold over asking (manipulation of MLS stats)
- days on market (manipulation of MLS stats)
- fluffing (lipstick/cosmetic vs underlying structure)
- open houses (buyer client leads)
- Realtors nix changes to listing service (Globe and Mail)
- Real Estate Commissions Falling (Motley Fool)
- Royal LePage Franchise Services Fund Declares Monthly Cash Distribution to Unitholders
- Canadian housing market under pressure?
- Housing Starts Decline In August
- US Home Prices Show Huge Slow Down
- Bell Wireless Realty