User:RockMagnetist (DCO visiting scholar)
I have set up this account to do edits for the Visiting Scholar program for the Deep Carbon Observatory. I am getting a $3,000 honorarium for the work, which will continue for about a year. Note that my goal is to pursue topics that interest me and write about the science without giving this project undue weight. That will include writing about the larger context for the work in this project. Articles that I am thinking of contributing to include:
Main contributions so far:
- raised Mark S. Ghiorso from Start- to B-level
- created Organic mineral; it appeared in the Did you know (DYK) column on 26 September 2017
- created Extraterrestrial diamonds – DYK on 22 October 2017 – added to the statistics page for 10,482 views
- quintupled number of entries in List of mineralogists
- more than doubled the size of Geochemistry, adding information on chemical elements, differentiation and mixing, and abundance
- increased the content of Robert Hazen twelvefold.
- updated and expanded Diamond § Geology; added thermodynamics to Diamond § Material properties.
- rewrote and expanded Fugacity for more complete and organized treatment.
- merged five files and added material to produce a coherent treatment of Residence time.
- created Mineral evolution, now GA-class.
- added Viktor Goldschmidt's work on the mineralogical phase to his biography
- expanded Deep water cycle, helped it pass DYK
- created Deep biosphere, now GA-class; it appeared in the DYK column on 6 January 2020