I mostly bounce around fixing articles linked to the community portal, or related to a topic I care about. In particular, I like doing translation tasks and copyediting. Lately, I've been doing a lot of work to help out with the New page patrol backlog, and there's a solid chance you're here to contest a PROD I put on an article in the new page queue. My current long-term project is improving coverage for Freedom of religion by country, one country at a time. I also help out by closing RfC discussions that have been listed at the (misleadingly titled) Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Requests for closure.
I'm still not sure if I'm more flattered or annoyed that new users keep copying my signature after I message them.
- 1 Articles created
- 1.1 Albums
- 1.2 Biographies
- 1.3 Books
- 1.4 Freedom of religion
- 1.5 History
- 1.6 Movies
- 1.7 Organizations
- 1.8 Full translations
- 1.9 Essays
- 2 Articles I've put a lot of work into
- 3 To-do
- 4 Award cabinet
- 5 Userboxes
What a daunting task
Freedom of religion
Freedom of religion by continent under construction
- Freedom of religion by country/Africa
- Freedom of religion by country/Asia
- Freedom of religion by country/North America
- Freedom of religion by country/Oceania
- Freedom of religion by country/South America and the Caribbean
Freedom of religion articles that still need additional sources added
- Freedom of religion in Morocco
- Freedom of religion in Montenegro
- Freedom of religion in Somalia
- Freedom of religion in Tanzania
- Freedom of religion in North Macedonia
- Freedom of religion in Norway
- Freedom of religion in Romania
- Freedom of religion in Serbia
- Freedom of religion in Slovakia
- Carmen Aída Lazo (from English)
- Ongamira (from English)
- Mur murs (from English)
- Johnny Longstaff (from English)
- Constantin E. Sekeris (from English)
In the Signpost
Articles I've put a lot of work into
Articles that may or may not look great now, but that I once took from being near completely illegible to having halfway decent English
- Crime of Gádor (Spanish)
- Oneiroid syndrome (Russian)
- Sant'Andrea Apostolo dello Ionio (Italian)
- December 2001 riots in Argentina (Spanish)
Reorganization and copy editing
- Common ownership
- Naushehra Pannuan
- Abraham Cahan
- San Miguel de Allende
- Workplace democracy
- Land reform in South Vietnam
- Polish–Soviet War
- Alexandra Kollontai
- Zhores Medvedev
- The two part AfD from hell
- That one time every Israel-Palestine editor magically came together to agree on something
- Accuse people of working for Google, that'll show them.
Hah as if I plan ahead
Stuff that I'm not satisfied with:
- Red star should have galleries shrunk for things like Soviet flags and emblems, and augmented with links to articles specifically on those topics.
- Flesh out Virunga Foundation and Virunga National Park with more information from sources.
- Expand A Stab In The Dark (film)
- Add DAB page for Semantic decomposition that differentiates between different uses of the term, and create stubs for missing uses
- In Communist symbolism, the Other Communist Symbols section could use more pictures.
- More symbols that could be added:
- Depictions of socialist leaders, and especially depictions of Marx, Engels, Lenin, (and Stalin and Mao) "The 3/4/5 Heads".
- Guerillero Heroico
- Soviet Realism
- If notable, the unique propaganda styles of other socialist countries
- Space Race Imagery
- More symbols that could be added:
- History of Russian journalism needs info about journalism in the USSR 1953-1991. Right now it's written as if glasnost never happened.
- Photojournalism in North Korea needs actual sources that aren't just Radio Free Asia and the Daily Mail
- Fix up the mess that is the tail end of History of the Soviet Union (1927–1953).
- Red star honestly needs a well thought-out reorganization of its sections.
- Judaism and politics should probably have a section on anti-Semitism that explains both how Jewish political activity has changed in response to it, and how anti-Semitic tropes about Jews sometimes include political allegations (e.g. "Jews control X", "Jews are all Y who are plotting Z")
- Abraham Cahan could use more information about his politics specifically. Time to go dig up old copies of The Forward
- Religious test should have a more comprehensive overview of laws concerning religious tests by American state
- Human rights needs way less Gandhi, who was not a fan of the concept
Stuff that needs help that I'm not qualified to do
- Common ownership needs to have more examples, both historically and in modern capitalist economies.
- Judaism and politics needs expansion, especially for the sections on the Medieval and Modern era, and especially about non-Ashkenazi Jewish communities
- Socialism with Chinese characteristics should have a better fleshed-out criticism section.
- Religious test needs to reflect a worldwide view WP:CSB
- Jalil Mammadguluzadeh has some claims regarding the subject's history of feminist activism that I can't find English sources for, and whose Azerbaijani sources (to my cursory knowledge) seem unreliable
Articles to create
- There doesn't seem to be any article on the use of the busts of Marx, Engels, Lenin, Stalin, Mao as a symbol of communism i.e. the three, four, or five heads.
- The US International Religious Freedom report mentions a Constitution of Zanzibar but we don't have an article for it