Society of Aviation and Flight Educators
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Society of Aviation and Flight Educators (SAFE) is a professional organization open to all aviation educators, including flight instructors, ground instructors, academicians, and others who have an interest in aviation education. Founded in Connecticut in early 2009, SAFE "facilitates the professional development of aviation educators [and] seeks to create a safer aviation environment through enhanced education." SAFE is governed by a Board of Directors composed of nine members, all of whom are elected by the SAFE membership.
SAFE has signed letters of understanding with a number of organizations, including Cessna Aircraft Company and the FAA Safety Team. SAFE is also a sponsor of the General Aviation Awards Program. The organization is proactive on issues that affect aviation educators and has partnered with others to develop a mentoring program for aviation educators. In July 2010, SAFE launched a flight instructor liability insurance program developed for its member-instructors. In November 2010, SAFE announced plans to chair the GA Pilot Training Reform Symposium.
- "Vision and Mission Statements". Society of Aviation and Flight Educators. Retrieved 31 January 2011.
- "Cessna becomes exclusive sponsor of SAFE's website". EVA International. Feb 22, 2010. Retrieved 31 January 2011.
-  Letter of Understanding between SAFE and FAASTeam
- "GA Awards Program Sponsors". General Aviation Awards. Retrieved 8 February 2011.
- "SAFE Opposes California Assembly Bill 48". Aero-News.Net. Aero-News Network, Inc. June 7, 2010. Retrieved 31 January 2011.
- "SAFE Responds to Photo ID NPRM". Aero-News.Net. Aero-News Network, Inc. January 18, 2011. Retrieved 6 February 2011.
- "SAFE launches mentoring program". GeneralAviationNews.com. General Aviation News. April 13, 2010. Retrieved 6 February 2011.
- "New CFI insurance program from SAFE". GeneralAviationNews.com. General Aviation News. July 22, 2010. Retrieved 6 February 2011.
- "Pilot Training Reform Symposium slated". GeneralAviationNews.com. General Aviation News. November 15, 2010. Retrieved 6 February 2011.
|This article about aviation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|