|Born||North Shore, Sydney|
|Residence|| Sydney (currently)
|Ethnicity||White and nerdy|
|Alma mater||UTS, AISS, TLA|
|Occupation||Software developer, writer|
|Search user languages|
Ruben Schade is a Wikipedian, developer, IT student, blogger and tech writer currently based in Sydney, Australia. A Wikimedia Foundation advocate, an ang moh gaijin, an obsessive enumerator, a propagator of The Word, a digital nomad, and a world citizen, he mostly contributes to Wikipedia from various coffee shops.
Having read Wikipedia since the UseModWiki days, and contributing infrequent grammar and syntax corrections since 2004, in January 2012 he started editing more seriously. He currently focuses on:
- Overhauling templates and pages for accessibility. Content that is well-structured is more accessible, easier to maintain and as a positive side effect looks better!
- Expanding Wikipedia's jazz catalogue, in particular Michael Franks. Writing new articles, and adding/creating templates, categories and uploading fair use images with clear rationales.
- General maintenance tasks such as syntax, spelling and grammer correction, categorising articles and uploading missing media. This is often done through serendipity and as a result of being an obsessive Wikipedia reader, though I also lurk in the maintenance categories and WikiProject to-do lists.
The Whole Wheat Radio wiki
Prior to getting more involved here, I was a listener, contributor and administrator for the wonderful Whole Wheat Radio, a webcast and collaborative wiki showcasing independent musicians such as Marian Call. Coming from that site I learned a great deal about MediaWiki syntax, as well as interpersonal relationships on collaborative sites. When Jim Kloss took the site offline due to extenuating circumstances, I decided to apply my skills to Wikipedia.
Friends and lovely Wikipedians
- Atuuschaaw (talk · contribs)
- Jimbo Wales (talk · contribs)
- Jimkloss (talk · contribs) (no longer active)
- Northamerica1000 (talk · contribs)
- Sparkit (talk · contribs)
- Starcheerspeaksnewslostwars (talk · contribs)
Thanks to Northamerica1000 for giving me this for Dylan Different and other jazz albums! :)
Pointlessly placed nutshell
|This page in a nutshell: This user is an IT professional interested in jazz, trains and templates on Wikipedia, and cashews are his favourite.|