|User:Saebjorn is taking a long wikibreak and will be back on Wikipedia some later time.|
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
Hello there! I'm a Wikipedian, and I like making Wikipedia better. If you have anything super secret to send me, I put up my public PGP key. I do seriously suggest that for any anti-vandalism/patrolling, you use a combo of WP:TW, and WP:Friendly. They help, and help A LOT. Saebjorn (talk) 23:53, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
I use the account User:Sebsile for editing in less secure locations, such as school. I would much rather have it compromised rather than this one.
It would probably be helpful to look into getting on the #wikipedia-en channel on IRC if you need help or anything. There are a lot of people there who are very nice and willing to give some directions. Or slack off in the wee hours of the night. . .
How you can help
Some other useful projects that you can help are:
- The Wikipedia Typo Team--Spend some time looking through their list of misspelled words. Find one, search for it, and improve an article. Pretty simple:D And it makes the encyclopedia look much more professional.
- New Pages Patrol You should probably read up on this first, but, any autoconfirmed user can start. Once you understand, you can go to Special:NewPages, and start. Also, the link that says "patrolling pages from the back..." at the top is probably where you should go to help clear the backlog. And if you have Twinkle and Friendly, it makes it really really easy to tag and work on things.
- Vandalism Yes, patrolling the Special:RecentChanges page does help. But remember that there's a way to do it, and when you do so, you represent the committee of editors as a whole.
- If you seem like a stuck up prick with no life, then a new user will be scared away and never come back. Just remember that:D
- Every IP address is not a vandal. They do make many constructive edits. Many things that you would rather revert should probably be discussed, or just tweaked.
- Be nice.
- Check out suspicious edits first, but don't be prejudiced against them. Obviously, an edit to a celebrity's page by an anonymous IP, tagged as section blanking should be worked on first. But if they removed a section filled with random profanity, don't revert. Please(:
- When anti-vandalizing, it's optimal to first click on the link labeled "diff" on the left of the listing. (Or, if you're already on the article page, you can click the tab labeled "last." But you need Twinkle for that.) Then you'll be transported to a page showing what that edit has done: how it has changed the page. The current (newly edited; changed) version will be on the right, with the previous version on the left. Then, via Twinkle (get the hint?) you can click the red link saying "rollback (VANDAL)". It will make the revert, and also open a link to the offending user's user talkpage, where via Friendly, you can click the "warn" tab and select what you should put as a message. It's pretty self-explanatory.
Feel like playing around??
Here's a lovely sandbox.
|27 February 2017|
For a listing of ongoing discussions, see the dashboard.
Adverts/Things to do
And if you're interested in doing something new on this wonderful world of wiki:
|Wikipedia ads||file info – show another – #101|
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux) mQGiBEq/dBMRBADdghvS9cA0uJJ/SdgITr3AoS5BmMWGMJqWigEQaxTWreoZiwBW blkasXu47+q+6IURn6TrSDDXeA4zqB5OCzp2SDuZGN0taZ58DTaS/FQGTR7rgVkT uWGatPtxA8KhWUnIc2lmFZMJU4H1a2u1X60MRjL/u5amlyRkAEjzh7FA6wCg4Iqk bffq0+nHnWtXBI2epd7hKfED/AjuA3E/5bhWP+5hnf3c0hSLGeA++vguwyK7cOzK 7pZpVs5MITJpNruFeEz3Ai+RvXtXqy6S6IO8EfVcOC9NfWg1zH+QFOS7c+k/Oob3 OQfw4gH0e5XBgJBsJ2QJi35pA3WGyEzaLL+oFTNjN/VsGyKK9MDdhU8LiR7lzhkt QlgHA/9qPfBR7OQPB/7scJMXzh2H+3PRIsOnyJi2gG8oAbI4YGmdMj8BbZE/Q0P6 i9B3t+xpKMblg89E8y7LCWMhk4yGxWxynpggg6md/fdNzDwgsmtj2WkMAeg6n1lh uYauIdZ5K07YGtI62pg1xMdWRFBTxfLwoMPyjyocmVy6XqACd7QfU2FtIEJyZW5u ZXIgPHNlYnNpbGVAZ21haWwuY29tPohgBBMRAgAgBQJKv3QTAhsjBgsJCAcDAgQV AggDBBYCAwECHgECF4AACgkQdj50qC4FeCUyCACdHIyQ0MrBGjrg6AnBN8q1zQmx lbYAn08NjETzAYz0LkIeYDMi6uwfiuEzuQQNBEq/dBMQEACWXojvaOOqGD4BIBmO WZLfudpaebVkJ4daN87xjV7or5KmLuf4tC1rxwLNFVL3vbR6KXz/6C4laMgjdpr4 pmgOpFRLHTU9ts0bkIV3oE3eQIs1UnWRNKB8KrZGZLKEWMGPEU1lU6BNH9nJwokh l4ctMeB3IqmzY6PbN93tzsCzY+EnWRF3sBzqMx3o5XW7J8aTyC37hGvEXjShKbnJ qszOsxVN/uxVh5+ITRLJOJAQKEjDs665FNc1yJpL3LngYmEYF7KZ+E3YsI7edBQK 7y/mK0pP/gbVX4qDebXgHRSvttjO2pgnFnZUf2kDQx4hEG4vLJu5JhNhlg25QQ/z 5XQCwjceY0CR1xuqsWWyQjgr9C/beBQIV4Pn3RbAy5i8g2aWnZ8A0uf7ssiIDUAy EaBCX2rHOgqXAeywfw6r0DjY4HRkWbVJOlJ+88Vzql2kHgTy5Pg9QsIQuPk5Jxxq XSogYD9kQxxPXOyIK1sP6QhIAfDKUd1ajxHOpG0jcGlOzFBisRDc12lauF2Js5GN xNh2q7klw8nzom9sqGgNYBMrnAcLUIXNoXiiq73fzSU2FCkdKCD0x/e5sUQT/zWq D8b+41Dtay0Gw5nAjHXJCiVR2nXXxGqGvVF24DwPyTqeqoJvh+M+Y1TwWfO9AtYX Q35lSU8xHND0CYqb/vpikN9HrwAECw//Vc/4KHP8Gt0aTTti33+FgCDqLC6rft31 MJUiSUiQ1G5j71nNlYl+/VkWrt1yHAM9r+PObOl6RdXhdJFlZEGDjNQIaxgWxq8l iwd4UumRV7HlpGxDSBtKD9IVXaIrgOKD8LhgRz6GUanWBhPn+SXLtZbNDtANlUpl 48l/ciKcsoiTkbtCCdRb/3N2jekm9JX9elM7P/30kYjjewjXRwIHVr6lpRhtqhzR tv8re4vLkO3sS/5O2vyFZoDCmiHNbtxPK3SJXZ0XfdAkbwlvfBaV577R83Ml1/i2 gWQgPtN7NmrhLhPUhipN13cov3tUKOA3WByj24oqTluUYdm+xT09h4Lpz6nnjbxx 4c8O5h6CyXA2Lm9NeFGkLsIfSuFM14QU4Rvc8OJ6X2zU484NS6TetZbRcekhCS5v feTHESvbMFqn4l40SE56CWyL8whQJv22yh5cenZyvW3WRanvGDaQSVXunsxbfFxg 2Y7paKTImPJ0UmMUc2rqiq/Zxtgck3g0g2E/M8saKSYMOIJBslxAHn9X1tzkV26p Vw2eNsqXK+ikRCCSlr49lBHaSyOqcjgBdarU6ElO4SpqzTVYvH/Vv7Q8D0NZBVxF gXHWh06YLHIHtJCpl0ozRehDnqG35vJBXt/4+7Pr02BZY2AInSCCIpds44SN6hCA Q9ApNJFxWT6ISQQYEQIACQUCSr90EwIbDAAKCRB2PnSoLgV4JT95AJ94RwIbkb4e wEWFBv/Ud2/afWnCNQCfeLzx8MJkIAw0N/VxWEIQyV9fapo= =zNUE