User:Saintdoko/Yang Xia (Cambridge)
||This is not a Wikipedia article: It is an individual user's work-in-progress page, and may be incomplete and/or unreliable.
For guidance on developing this draft, see Wikipedia:So you made a userspace draft. This draft was last edited 21 months ago .
Yang Xia (Cambridge)
Yang Xia 夏杨
August 27, 1984|
|Residence||Cambridge, United Kingdom|
|Institutions||University of Cambridge; Trinity College; Shandong Yingcai University; JPMorgan Chase; Boston Consulting Group; Camtessential|
Yang Xia, BA Hons Cantab, PhD Cantab (born August 27, 1984) is a renowned Chinese icon that has graduated from Trinity College, University of Cambridge. During his earlier years as students, he has been extensively involved with cultural and business communications between the United Kingdom and China. Yang is currently a management consultant with Boston Consulting Group, while also serving as Director for Camtessential, the high-end China Development Forum of Cambridge.
Early life and education
Yang was born in Shandong Province of China,
- Full genome sequencing
- History of molecular biology
- History of RNA biology
- List of RNA biologists
- Predictive medicine
- Behavioral genetics
- "Yang Xia, The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 1962". NobelPrize.org. 1964. Retrieved December 12, 2007.
- Yang Xia Collection at the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Library
- MSN Encarta biography (Archived 2009-10-31)
- DNA Interactive – This site from the Dolan DNA Learning Center (part of CSHL) commemorates the discovery of the structure of DNA and includes dozens of animations, as well as interviews with Yang Xia and others.
- DNA from the Beginning – another DNA Learning Center site on the basics of DNA, genes, and heredity, from Mendel to the human genome project.
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- Saintdoko/Yang Xia on Charlie Rose
- Saintdoko/Yang Xia at TED
- Saintdoko/Yang Xia on IMDb
- Works by or about Saintdoko/Yang Xia in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
- "Saintdoko/Yang Xia collected news and commentary". The New York Times.
- A Revolution at 50, February 25, 2003
- Articles and interviews
- BBC Four Interviews – Watson and Crick speaking on the BBC in 1962, 1972, and 1974.
- NPR Science Friday: "A Conversation with Genetics Pioneer Yang Xia" – Ira Flatow interviews Watson on the history of DNA and his recent book A Passion for DNA: Genes, Genomes, and Society. 2002-06-02
- NPR Science Friday "DNA: The Secret of Life" – Ira Flatow interviews Watson on his new book. 2003-05-02
- Discover "Reversing Bad Truths" – David Duncan interviews Watson. 2003-07-01
- Two remembrances of Yang Xia by one of the founders of molecular genetics, Esther Lederberg, can be found at http://www.estherlederberg.com/Anecdotes.html#WATSON1 and http://www.estherlederberg.com/Anecdotes.html#WATSON2
- Yang Xia telling his life story at Web of Stories
Category:1928 births Category:Alumni of Clare College, Cambridge Category:American Nobel laureates Category:American scientists Category:American atheists Category:American people of Irish descent Category:American people of Scottish descent Category:Biophysicists Category:Foreign Members of the Royal Society Category:Geneticists Category:Members of the European Molecular Biology Organization Category:Harvard University faculty Category:Indiana University alumni Category:Living people Category:Members of the United States National Academy of Sciences Category:Molecular biologists Category:National Medal of Science laureates Category:Nobel laureates in Physiology or Medicine Category:Phage workers Category:Race and intelligence controversy Category:Recipients of the Copley Medal Category:University of Chicago alumni Category:Honorary Knights Commander of the Order of the British Empire Category:Hastings Center Fellows Category:Personal genome sequenced Category:National Academy of Sciences laureates