This is the user sandbox of SangeetaSethi. A user sandbox is a subpage of the user's user page. It serves as a testing spot and page development space for the user and is not an encyclopedia article. Create or edit your own sandbox here.
Writing an article and ready to request its creation?
|Born||September 12, 1966
|Institutions||Life Insurance Corporation,India|
Sangeeta Sethi (born September 12, 1966) is deeply rooted to literature , art , knitting,poetry , writing , blogging , editing , social welfare and is currently an Administrative officer at Life Insurance Corporation. Since the birth of her daughters,capturing their childish activities & taking a note of them in her diary,building up a new story each night drove poetess sangeeta to child literature.Her recognitions in form of various book pubications Papa Ke Aas Paas (a biography on her Dad) ,Vishwaas Ki Chaya Main(collection of poems) ,regular publishing of articles ,stories & poems in newpapers ,magazines is appreciable.
Early life and education
After education at Bal Bharti School at Bikaner Rajasthan (school year 1978) and graduation with a MA in English & Hindi Literature from the University of Rajasthan, Sangeeta worked as a teacher at Tagore public school in Jaipur.She is working since 1985 as an Administrative Officer at Life Insurance Corporation
Areas of Interest
Anchoring ,hosting shows at different poetic conventions.Delivering talks to arouse enthusiasm in youngsters towards effective writing.Recently spoke at Sophia High School How to be a writer! [[File:]]
A Book Series for children Aastha Ke Kahaniyaan,book pubications Papa Ke Aas Paas (a biography on her Dad) ,Vishwaas Ki Chaya Main(collection of poems). [[File:]]
Creative sangeeta in her leisure time may be sighted with Knitting needles.Frequently her knitting , and crochet designs are honored via weekly & monthly magazines.Her daughters love towards Open Source & FOSS aroused love for tux & she made a beautiful Linux Tux knitted pullover for her kid . She also designed 14 costumes for Khadi fashion week.
A fervor to work for social cause & to work for the deprived humans is all what her passion is about. Distributing knitting caps ,blankets in slum areas , slates to kids on Diwali Eve & educating them .
- Knitting for charity : Inspired from the community Knit a Sqaure , she drew her neighborhood women in the program & inspired them to draw a square crochet for charity.
Awards & Recognitions
- Awarded first prize for her story Kandha during Rachna Parv festival from a prominent script & dialogue writer of hindi cinema Kamleshwar
- The President's Award for youth empowerment was bagged by Sangeeta from Zail Singh during her tenure as a scout guide The Bharat Scouts and Guides student.
- On Hindiyugm Sangeeta's poems & articles are ranked top 5 on this website.
- Mai bhai Rey Kunti was awarded first prize in Pioneer Book Pvt Ltd editor Hema Malini for Meri Saheli
- The most famous story of Outlook (magazine) "Mobile".
- Rajiv Gandhi award for literature by [Bharat Vikas Parishad]
- Blog : Spandan
- gtalk : sangeetasethi12