|Search user languages|
Hello to all,
I'm Saschaporsche, started my first Wiki changes in 2008, made my first page in 2009. I really enjoy taking part in this great project ! Please do feel free to contact me if you have any questions about my contributions!
Funeral blues , W.H. Auden
- Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
- Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
- Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
- Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.
- Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
- Scribbling on the sky the message He is Dead.
- Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
- Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.
- He was my North, my South, my East and West,
- My working week and my Sunday rest,
- My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
- I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong.
- The stars are not wanted now; put out every one,
- Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun,
- Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods;
- For nothing now can ever come to any good.
Remarkeble: A Róbert Berény painting titled Sleeping Lady with Black Vase, whose whereabouts had been unknown since 1928, was re-discovered by chance in 2009 by art historian Gergely Barki upon watching the 1999 movie, Stuart Little, with his daughter, where the painting was used as a prop. An assistant set designer had bought the painting cheaply from a California antique store for use in the film, and had kept it in her home after production ended. The painting was sold at auction in Budapest on December 13th, 2014 for €229,500.
serious stuff: Cathay Pacific Flight 780
- "From Earth to the Solar System-Pale Blue Dot". fettss.arc.nasa.gov. Retrieved 2011-07-27.