I was raised on a farm near Peabody, Kansas, USA, which is located in Marion County, though I no longer reside there. I attended Peabody High School and Wichita State University.
I'm an Embedded Design Engineer. Most of my professional experience has been a Software Engineer, but part of my job at various companies and contracting has also included Field Applications Engineer, Systems Design, Hardware Design, Schematic Capture, PCB Layout, Parts Purchasing, Product Assembly, Testing, and more. My unabridged resume is 6 pages. For privacy and security reasons, I don't list my recent employers or recent work projects on Wikipedia.
From 1990 to 1999, I was the Sysop of New World Information Service (NWIS) BBS. It was multi-line dial-up modem-based that ran on Wildcat! BBS software. The BBS primarily targeted engineering and technical users.
In the early-1990s, I was the author of a MSDOS shareware program called PathTool, which still can be found on the internet as PATHTL23.ZIP. The software allowed the user to add and remove directory entries to the PATH variable and similar environment variables like INCLUDE, which is commonly used by C/C++ compilers.
In the mid-1980s, I was a partner in a startup, named Intelligent Dimmer Packs (IDP), that developed the first MIDI-controlled stage lighting dimmer pack. We showed it at the CES show in Chicago. It was 6502-based and controlled 6 channels of 1200 Watts per channel for a total of 7200 Watts. For stress testing, we mounted 6 water heater elements in a metal trash can filled with water and circulated with two garden hose connections on the side. For MIDI SysEx commands, our Manufacturer ID was 02 (see MIDI 1.0 Detailed Specification, Section 4.2, Table VIIb; MIDI Manufacturers Association; 1995).
In the early-1980s, I worked in tech support and engineering at CARDCO, which was the worlds largest peripheral manufacturer for the Commodore 64 and VIC-20. CARDCO shipped millions of Card Print printer interfaces and numerous other products.
In high school, I was the recipient of the National 4-H Electrical award. In 1978, my math teacher and I went before the school board to start a computer class, which was approved, and I was one of five students in the first computer class at our high school. When I was a junior, I played lineman in our high school football team that placed 2nd in state playoffs for class 2A schools, and it was notable because our head coach was Dennis Franchione.
My grandfather was mayor of Peabody, Kansas from 1971 to 1976 and retired from Boeing after initially welding engine mounts on biplanes at its subsidiary Stearman Aircraft in Wichita, Kansas, his wife (my grandmother) was a third grade teacher at Peabody Elementary School for almost 30 years and initially taught at multiple rural one-room schools in Marion County, Kansas. My father is a retired farmer and my mother is a retired high school teacher. Two of my aunts are grade school teachers. My great-great-grandfather, and his two brothers, homesteaded neighboring farms near Aulne, Kansas in the 1870s, after migrating from Europe.
- 631 incorporated cities in Kansas - I added a census table plus 2010 census, add external links for city / school district / maps, reorganize sections per Wikipedia USCITY guideline, and various cleanup.
- STM32 and NXP LPC (microcontroller families) - I created these articles and most of the content.
- ARM Cortex-M - Major overhaul and expansion, wrote Overview section and created tables.
- Secure Digital (SD cards) - 100% rewrote Electrical Interface section, created tables and drawing for Transfer Modes section, add photos, relocate photos, correct and expand captions for all photos. Merged older microSD and miniSD articles into main article. Misc edits to related SD and MMC card articles and redirects.
- Peabody, Kansas - I expanded to a large article. I've done major edits to all small towns in Marion County, Kansas.
- I took photos in small towns in Marion County, Kansas and uploaded to Wikimedia Commons then added to city articles.
- I captured 140 detailed maps for cities in Kansas from a USA government website and uploaded to Wikimedia Commons then added to city articles.
- HP TouchPad tablet, SPI bus, I2C bus, Olimex UEXT connector, Atmel AVR microcontroller, List of ARM microprocessor cores, Wikipedia:Database download#Dealing with large files
- All cities in Harvey, Butler, Chase, Morris, Dickinson, Saline, McPherson counties of Kansas. Minor edits to all cities and counties in Kansas.
- Cleanup articles immediately after tornados hit Joplin, Missouri; Reading, Kansas; Harveyville, Kansas.
- Cleanup of various top parts of Keystone Pipeline article.
- I've made edits to over 3800 different articles.
||McLain, Kansas (Harvey County)
||Patterson, Kansas (Harvey County)
||Putnam, Kansas (Harvey County)
||Zimmerdale, Kansas (Harvey County)
||Peabody Gazette-Bulletin (Peabody)
||24 Townships (Marion County)
||Gnadenau, Kansas (Marion County)
||Furley, Kansas (Sedgwick County)
||Brainerd, Kansas (Butler County)
||Antelope, Kansas (Marion County)
||Aulne, Kansas (Marion County)
||Canada, Kansas (Marion County)
||Eastshore, Kansas (Marion County)
- My Awards and Barnstars
- My User Boxes
- My eBook Collection
- How To Upload Photos To Wikipedia
- How To Read Wikipedia Offline
- My Recommended Changes To City Articles For 2010 Census
- Various Help Tips
||I'm Watching Over 8,000 Articles
I upload each of my photos to Flickr first, then to Wikimedia Commons second, thus each photo is licensed individually and should match between the two sites. For all of my photos with CC-BY-SA and CC-BY licenses, my name isn't required to be shown in photo captions on any official Wikipedia websites, but for all other uses it is required.
I grant the following licensing for all of my text edits in Wikipedia articles, but I reserve all rights for my personal user pages.
||Licensing rights granted to Wikimedia Foundation
|I grant non-exclusive permission for the Wikimedia Foundation Inc. to relicense my text contributions under any copyleft license that it chooses, provided it maintains the free and open spirit of the GFDL. This permission acknowledges that future licensing needs of the Wikimedia projects may need adapting in unforeseen fashions to facilitate other uses, formats, and locations. It is given for as long as this banner remains.
||This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Sbmeirow.
1 2 Category:People from Peabody, Kansas