|Wikipedia size & users|
|Total wiki pages:||43,596,266|
|UTC time: 04:52 on 2017-Nov-23|
I am an inventor, an artist and I have a background in office administration. In the past I have also dabbled in DJing. I am a male living in Brisbane, Australia. I hold a Bachelor of Arts (Geography, Political Science) from the University of Queensland. I started editing Wikipedia semi-regularly in mid 2004. I've attended one meetup, assisted in the presentation of at least 15 edit training workshops around Queensland and collaborated with User:Kerry Raymond on a similar number of photo drives around South East Queensland.
Wikipedia has become one of the best examples of a successful open source project. It is the premier website; the embodiment of the web. I'm here to take it to the next level. I'm regularly impressed by the quality of material and the kind effort put in by other Wikipedians to get things right for little in return. Wikipedia is a great, worthwhile site, verging on brilliant, especially when one considers it is being created by unpaid amateurs. I'm glad I have been part of what has been described as
|“||the most important intellectual phenomenon of the early 21st century.||”|
I like researching and fixing up articles, some project work, adding a few photos, items to lists and fleshing out short articles. I have made more than 4,500 edits to Wikicommons. I maintain the Queensland Portal. I tend not to gate keep over a limited set of articles and don't appreciate that editing style. Nor do I appreciate religious people using Wikipedia to deliver sermons.
I have never accepted any payment for any of my contributions here.
I believe that Wikimedia needs to address the following matters as a priority.
- let me add categories and templates in Australian English.
- improve the formatting or interface on Talk pages so the structure of a discussion is more easily maintained.
- integrate an incentive reward system whereby editors can receive bitcoin micropayments on a the basis of merit.
- I want to expand all the articles I have created which are still stubs and remove all cleanup templates from them.
- I want to create the rest of Queensland's river articles.
- I want to get rid of the cleanup list for WikiProject Queensland.
- My work here will not be complete until there are no Queensland geography stubs.
- I want all Top-importance Queensland articles to be Good articles and all High-importance Queensland articles to reach B class
- One day I would like to achieve a GA status for a few of my favourite articles.
- I would like to complete the National Parks of Queensland template and add it to all appropriate articles. Done
- Then I want to create a Rivers of Queensland template and add it to articles. Done
I've collected some barnstars. Thank you.
I invented the Semantic Web on 1 October 2017.
Here is a list of templates I am interested in.
- Gregory Crane, editor in chief of the Perseus Digital Library at Tufts University, quoted in Wikipedia in the Newsroom, Part 2: Putting It to the Test. 2 March 2008, Donna Shaw, American Journalism Review