|Search user languages|
I'm Andrew Gray. I am a librarian working for the British Antarctic Survey (at 52°N, more's the pity); from May 2012 through April 2013, I was the Wikipedian in Residence at the British Library in London. Prior to this, I worked for a college in Cambridge and a private school in Oxfordshire.
(Disclaimer: I spend some time working on Antarctic-related articles (it's an interesting subject...) but please remember that all edits here are mine and are not made in any official capacity!)
- As of early 2015, I currently spend most of my time working on Wikidata; please leave me a talkpage message or ping me if you need me to look into something. I'm around most days but not always paying attention to my watchlist.
I joined Wikipedia in October 2004, while I was a postgraduate, became an admin a year later, in late 2005, and handled OTRS queries (email correspondence for WMF) for several years after that. Occasionally, that leaves time to write an article. I have contributed twenty "good articles" and one rated A-class; besides this, there are several hundred short articles of varying quality I've been responsible for, some substantially better than others.
As well as support and editing work, I've done some short pieces of analysis on Wikipedia content:
- User:Andrew Gray/Election statistics: Article traffic patterns during the US 2008 Presidential election
- Demographics in Wikipedia: what do the "populations" of Wikipedia biographies look like, and how does that vary by language?
- Quality versus age of FAs: does the time since a Featured Article was promoted predict its quality, and if so, how?
- and a few less standalone Wikimedia-related posts are on my blog, here.
|This is a Wikipedia user page.|
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at