My name is Shlomi Fish, and I'm an Israeli writer (of creative stories and screenplays, aphorisms and quotes, articles and essays, lectures, blog entries or comments and web content), a professional software developer (of open source software or otherwise), and also an amateur mathematician, and an even more amateur artist. Lately, I've started seeing myself as an Internet-based entertainer/amateur-philosopher/etc. similar to the fact that during Hellenistic times, philosophy was considered a form of entertainment. I'm also active in promoting and advocating various Open Source and Open Content technologies and resources in Israel and on the Internet.
My home-site is maintained by me, and contains many things I've written and placed online, as well as links to other sites or places I've created. A Duck Duck Go search on my name or a a Google Search will also yield many useful links (as are similar searches like those for "shlomif").
I have detailed contact information on my homepage. Some highlights are:
- E-mail: email@example.com .
- Jabber/XMPP: ShlomiFish@jabber.org .
- GoogleTalk/GoogleHangouts/GoogleChat: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Mobile phone: +972-54-6232377 .
- Freenode IRC: "rindolf".
And you can always drop me a note on my User talk page.
English Wikipedia Articles I've worked on
- Open source software development - started.
- Bourekas - started, believing it did not exist. Incorporated as Burek.
- FreeCell - did not start, but heavily extended.
- MikMod - fixed some problems. (much more left to do).
- Simple Simon (solitaire) - started. (still quite small, but I don't think there's much more to write about it)
- Organon - still a stub.
- Tom Christiansen - also a stub.
- Shlomi - converted to a disambiguation page.
- Shlomi (Hebrew name) - a mini-article.
- GNOME Games - still a stub, and was marked as potentially non-notable. :-S.
- Black Hole (solitaire) - a mini-article
- PySol - added a screenshot and citations.
- EA Spouse
- Baker's Game - a short article, which I'd like to spice a little by collecting statistics from a very large range of games (which will require some programming work).
- All in a Row (Solitaire) - a short article.
I also did Janitorial work for many other articles (fixing phrasing errors, adding internal or external links, etc.)
Pages I'm Working on Below This page
- User:Shlomif/Bottom-up vs. Top-down - lists several places where people distinguish between "bottom-up" and "top-down".
- User:Shlomif/Criticisms of Perl - after the Criticisms' section in the Perl article was deleted and never restored, I'd like to create an NPOV article about it here.
- User:Shlomif/Freecell Solver - kept here in case it is deleted.
- User:Shlomif/How Many Wikipeders Does it Take to Change a Lightbulb - not an article but still may be amusing.
- User:Shlomif/Neo-Tech - hopefully it will eventually become the main article.
- User:Shlomif/Olamot Con - intended to become a main article.
- User:Shlomif/Simple Simon (solitaire) - kept here in case it is deleted.
- User:Shlomif/Wikipedia Chuck Norris Facts - facts about Chuck Norris, etc. and the Wikipedia.
- User:Shlomif/Comprehensive Directory of Factoids Collections - aims to cover all places with Chuck Norris Facts-like factoids about various people and things.
- User:Shlomif/Firefox Test - page testing firefox for bug No. 536880.
- User:Shlomif/Binary search tree implementations - implementations of Binary search trees, especially self-balancing ones.
- User:Shlomif/Quotation Sites - sites with quotations.
- User:Shlomif/Running gags in Friends - was deleted. :-(.
- User:Shlomif/Engrew - guide to English with Hebrew and/or Israeli paradigms.
- User:Shlomif/Tom Christiansen - saved in case it is deleted.
- User:Shlomif/Film Review of Just Go with It - my film review of Just Go with It, a movie I saw and enjoyed.
- User:Shlomif/Saladin Style - A brief article about what we can learn from Saladin.
Friends on the Wikipedia
- User:Firespeaker - met him on #linguistics. He's a really cool guy.
- User:Lady_Aleena - met her on #perl.
- User:Nyh - know him personally from the Haifa Linux Club, Hamakor, and the Israeli FOSS online world.
- User:OMouse - met him on #wikipedia.
- User:Dandv - Perl hacker, FOSS contributor.
- email@example.com - Yoni
User Pages on Other Wikis
- Hebrew Wikipedia
- Arabic Wikipedia
- English Wikiquote
- English Wiktionary
- English Wikibooks
- Hebrew Wikibooks
- Omega Wiki (Structured dictionary)
- Perl-QA Wiki - Perl Quality Assurance Wiki
- PerlNet (perl.net.au)
- The CMake Wiki
- Joel on Software
- The Amarok Wiki
- The XMMS2 Wiki
- The Mageia (Linux) Wiki
- Libre Game Wiki
- The Teaching Open Source Wiki
- Rosetta Code
- Claws Mail FAQ Wiki
- LXDE Wiki
- Inkscape Wiki
- Arch Linux Wiki
Israeli Open-source Related
- Hackers-IL Wiki
- Perl.org.il Wiki
- Python-IL Wiki
- OSDC-IL - Open Source Developers Conference/Club of Israel.
- Hamakor Wiki
- Buffy Fanfiction Wikia
- C/C++ Beginners Wikia
- Children's Books Wikia
- CMS (Content Management Systems)
- Deckipedia (Card Games)
- HHFG (= "Human Hacking Field Guide") Wikia
- Memory Alpha (Star Trek)
- Programmer's Wiki (code.wikia.com)
- Recipes Wikia
- Shlomi Fish Wikia (personal wikia for collaboration on my public cultural works)
- Star Trek Expanded Universe