Talk Page Archived for the period May 2008 to September 2008
- 1 Please check Pritam's talk page
- 2 Regarding the Pritam edit
- 3 Proposed deletions
- 4 Bangla WP
- 5 AceRemoteProject page
- 6 Hwlwighati
- 7 Your expert opinion wanted on Fan death
- 8 WikiProject India Newsletter Volume III, Issue no. 001 - June 2008
- 9 Rollback granted
- 10 Bharatiya Janata Party
- 11 This might be ...
- 12 Comment moved from user page
- 13 Sam manakshaw
- 14 I won't vandalise
- 15 yeah
- 16 Sam Manekshaw
- 17 Michael Ferreira
- 18 Michael Ferreira
- 19 Sino-Indian War
- 20 Great power
- 21 biased indian
- 22 Labrador Retriever
- 23 POV
- 24 sock
- 25 Shovon76
- 26 my last message
- 27 hi..regardingpok
- 28 thanks regarding vandalism detection
- 29 i find no awards here ..so i take the liberty to appreciate you
- 30 Re:Kashmir related topics
- 31 A beating
- 32 Kashmir war
- 33 Calcutta Light Horse Bar
- 34 SAVE POK ARTICLE FROM DELETION
- 35 Shovon
- 36 beware of sock puppet
Please check Pritam's talk page
Regarding the Pritam edit
You appear to be a bit confused about how contesting a proposed deletion works. From WP:PROD: "If anyone, including the article's creator, removes a prod tag from an article for any reason, do not put it back". Catchpole (talk) 17:01, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
- Replied. in Catchpoles talk page as, "I am neither confused, nor ignorant of the rule. But it seems that you have not read the edit summaries. May be you can refer to this discussion http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/Incidents#.22Unrealiable_prodders.22. Thanks." Shovon (talk) 17:11, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
- congratulation for joining bengali wikipedia and keen on contributing.....Jayantanth (talk) 10:30, 3 June 2008 (UTC)
You are very much welcome to translate articles from en to bn wiki. Feel free to start articles there. The Bangla keyboard is built in, or you can use a tool like Avro for typing. --Ragib (talk) 15:18, 3 June 2008 (UTC)
Dear Shovon76, AceRemoteProject page was intended to be linked to the List of PM software page - it was not an advertisement, but one more pm software - different from the others in some features and common in the generally available features throughout the other soft of this category like MS Project, @task and so on. The additional communication features are valuable for project managers (as an active contributor to couple of the IT pm communities I know it). Please do not be so fast to delete the article, when I start it again - it takes time for me to finish it, but I will be trying to be prompt. thanks, Slava.myra Slava.myra (talk) 12:11, 3 June 2008 (UTC)
Hi, Shovon. I've responded to your comment at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Hwlwighati. I think the existence of the town can now be established (though not the name used as the article's title), but you're probably in a better position than I to confirm that the "Shilghati" in the Google results is the place the article refers to. Let me know what you think. Deor (talk) 15:46, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
Your expert opinion wanted on Fan death
Hi, Shovon. Many thanks for your kind message asking me to check on this page. I checked it, and yes, I completely agree with you. Such a thing is not possible. I have neither come across such a death (despite having conducted more than 20,000 autopsies so far), nor have met anyone who came across such a death. An extensive search of literature failed to retrieve even a single case of a fan death. The logic advanced for this phenomenon is completely bogus. In my opinion, a good urban legend should at least sound credible. This one does not even sound like one.
Thanks for your confidence reposed in me.
Hello Mr.shovon, saw your message on my webpage. there is absolutely no doubt that FBI is federal bureau of investigation. Be advised that any one propogating cheap non-sense, pseudo history and lies to create interpretations of theirs, will be done to so by me. issuing threats to me shall be counterproductive.If it continues even your name shall go to the same.
-Vyaghra dhataki, sembian_valavan
WikiProject India Newsletter Volume III, Issue no. 001 - June 2008
To stop receiving this newsletter, or to receive it in a different format, please list yourself in the appropriate section here.
After reviewing your request for rollback, I have enabled rollback on your account. Keep in mind these things when going to use rollback:
- Getting rollback is no more momentous than installing Twinkle.
- Rollback can be used to revert vandalism only, and not good faith edits.
- Rollback may be removed at any time.
If you no longer want rollback, then contact me and I'll remove it. Also, for some information on how to use rollback, you can view this page. I'm sure you'll do great with rollback, just leave me a message on my talk page if you run into troubles or have any questions about appropriate/inappropriate use of rollback. Happy editing! Acalamari 17:30, 19 June 2008 (UTC)
- You're welcome. Acalamari 19:25, 19 June 2008 (UTC)
I recently tried to revert some unsourced POV from the Bharatiya Janata Party article. As the edit history is long and various parts of the article are unsourced - I took a step back and reverted to the last editor who is making unsourced edits. I do not know how to help this page, but if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. I will watch the page to see the progression of these recent edits. Thanks. Ism schism (talk) 15:29, 24 June 2008 (UTC)
This might be ...
... interesting to you. Wikipedia:Requests_for_checkuser/Case/Ronosen. A whole laundry list of related users found via checkuser to be linked closely, and likely to be the same person. --Ragib (talk) 19:21, 2 July 2008 (UTC)
- Well, one of the users listed in the checkuser openly admitted to be using open proxies for editing wikipedia. Most likely they're using zombie machines as proxies. Such machines are blocked at sight by WP. --Ragib (talk) 19:50, 2 July 2008 (UTC)
Comment moved from user page
The below section is shifted from my user page to here. It had been contributed by an IP user 18.104.22.168.
- Hi, since i don't know how to send messages to people on wikipedia since it has a very crappy and geeky interface, which people cannot understand easily, I am posting this message to you, over here. This is regarding my second edit to the article on Pritam Chakraborty. I admit to vandalising in the FIRST edit. That was reverted, with a warning saying to write from a neutral point of view. WOW! I vandalise and get a stern warning advising me to write with a neutral point of view. So then I decided that i wouldn't vandalise, and decided to write with a neutral point of view. In the plagirism section, I made a table showing the songs he has been ACCUSED of plagiarising. I provided a valid link to a reference in the proper way. Yet, you decided to call THIS edit as an act of vandalism. My edit was sweetly deleted. All I got was a message to refrain from vandalising. Come on. You must be kidding me! Did you give enough reasons as to why you reverted my edit? From this act of yours, I can assume that either you are too proud of this article and don't want people editing it without your consent, or I can assume that you love Pritam so much, you can't stand hearing the truth about him. I have heard the original songs. No matter how much you beat around the bush, saying that the songs are only "vaguely" familiar (yeah, right!), the truth is that it's terrible what he does. Not only are the songs really familiar, He gives no credit to the people he takes these songs from. That is really not fair. Look at my edit and see those songs. Instead of pushing the revert button instantaneously, first look at those original songs on the reference mentioned and listen to them. Then think about it. Well, anyway, I really don't care about whether my edit gets to stay or not. I now just know that wikipedia is not the encyclopedia that "anyone" can edit. Its the encyclopedia that anyone who knows how to write and article in the proper formatting, with a lot of nothing-to-do time on his hand can edit, where the articles are "governed" by self-proclaimed "custodians", who are hypocrites and geeks. and only allow edits to be made if THEY think its right. Instead of wasting their time in designing such a cryptic interface with so many "rules" and "guidelines", and creating a jargon-ridden world of their own, why can't some people face the truth and admit certain things? Anyway, whoever you are, do at least READ my article for once, instead of pressing the revert button. Instead of deleting this edit to your profile and sending me a pastel coloured warning or blocking my account from wikipedia, reply to me in the way you do and tell my why my edit was deemed plagiarism.
- Sorry sir i didnt get you Suyogaerospacetalk to me! 05:05, 13 July 2008 (UTC)
- Ok i am extremely sorry for that, can you correct my mistake and again add his quoted words? I again apologizes for that its all my fault I shouldn't had use fire fox for editingSuyogaerospacetalk to me! 09:02, 13 July 2008 (UTC)
- Thank you sir your your word of support . Actually I joined Wikipedia to expand Indian articles but I don't have guts to edit then I always fear that I if did a mistake some one will block me!! that is why my most of editing is tagging the articles, spelling check, image upload,etc. In short I do back stage work but your words has given me huge support and I am going to edit important articles.thank you very much sir.
one thing i forgot that I was also fearing that will our people like this comment of sam over here because in this comment sam is directly saying that our politications are headless!! so it might have hurted some wikipedians once again sorry and thank youSuyogaerospacetalk to me! 17:48, 13 July 2008 (UTC)
I won't vandalise
Hello, Shovon. I shall not vandalise. Please tell Pritam not to steal music, though. Please remove that freaky sock puppet tag you have on my account. Why is wikipedia "The encyclopedia that anyone can edit", when Jimbo Wales himself says that nobody has the inherent right to edit wikipedia? Why isn't there an * in front of wikipedia's tagline? Can you explain this? If you can't, don't patroll wikipedia. lol —Preceding unsigned comment added by Pfonilonitappa (talk • contribs) 17:51, 13 July 2008 (UTC)
I didnot vandalise Rajus community. there is nothing vandalising in my text. There are few instances of Rajus(Kshatriyas) with North and Central royal families. Please see the link. http://www.uq.net.au/~zzhsoszy/ips/v/vizianagram.html sorry I forgot to attach the above link in the wiki :-( —Preceding unsigned comment added by Indianprithvi (talk • contribs) 19:25, 7 August 2008 (UTC)
Well, my username is just a series of random keystrokes. Anyway, it is not really an easy task to edit wikipedia articles. I have previously tried to do it legitimately. I have tried to change information where it seems to be incorrect, giving sources, but the "custodians" of those articles have always reverted, not even listening to whatever someone has to say. I know this is for the good, but i mean, how do you guys operate? Do you patroll random articles looking for signs of edits, or have you guys divided your patrolling duty? Exactly how many wikipedia custodians are there? Have you ever vandalised? Have you ever been blocked? Come on, don't tell me you've never had some fun with messing around with wikipedia. Pfonilonitappa (talk) 18:31, 13 July 2008 (UTC)
Great work. Add a reference for 1st amateur Billiards player to cross 1000 points, and you got a DYK for sure (you have to nominate it here under today's date: Template talk:Did you know); please remember to nominate this after adding the ref. I'll try to add a few sentences, if I can. Cheers. --GDibyendu (talk) 15:13, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
Thanks for your message on the Great power discussion page. I hope you know by now that Chanakya has a history of pushing a patriotic Indian POV. I've read much of his edits on Indian military related articles and I am honestly pretty saddened by the state of these articles (in terms of neutrality, in terms of rubbish sources). Hopefully, you can improve upon these articles when you have time. Thanks. Nirvana888 (talk) 15:16, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
- My dear friend, I do not have to be certified by you. My edit history speaks for itself. Regarding your edits, probably the same cannot be said. Best of luck. Shovon (talk) 16:19, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
Well, I have brought it up on the talk page, but his reply was "I dislike British english bias on Wikipedia". I don't really know what to do here. I had the page protected from someone who did this earlier, then this guy showed up. I'm not sure if this is important enouhg to being it up on the admin's noticeboard. --PlasmaTwa2 18:52, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
- Well, I reported him at Wikipedia:Administrator intervention against vandalism. He has recieved his final warning. I'm at the 3RR right now and will be unable to revert his vandalism for the rest of today, though if he does it again I will report him again. --PlasmaTwa2 19:23, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah, I only came across the page when I was looking up potential dogs. Didn't find the spelling problems until after I edited the page to include the countries in the infobox. On a side note, both CPO Pieman and 22.214.171.124 have been blocked for 55 hours due to vandalism against the Labrador Retriever page. --PlasmaTwa2 19:37, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
please stop vandalising my page and accusing me of being a sock puppet you have no proof and keep your bigoted indian veiws in the mandir. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 19:15, 5 August 2008 (UTC)
Welcome to Wikipedia. It might not have been your intention, but your recent edit removed content from Wikipedia. When removing text, please specify a reason in the edit summary and discuss edits that are likely to be controversial on the article's talk page. If this was a mistake, don't worry; the text has been restored, as you can see from the page history. Take a look at the welcome page to learn more about contributing to this encyclopedia, and if you would like to experiment, please use the sandbox. Thank you.
- You have quite a lot of guts, my dear IP editor from England. First, you fill up the article with references from all the biased sources and when some one cleans this up, you have the audacity to leave a warning message! BTW, I had restored the article to a good version only. Oh, and buy a dictionary, so that you get to understand the meaning of different words. Shovon (talk) 06:24, 19 August 2008 (UTC)
hi there i have noticed that you have placed pathetic claims without sources on azad kashmir without consulting anyone if you carry on your beloved jammu and kashmir will also be edited without your consensus kapish. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 19:49, 29 August 2008 (UTC)
- What is so "azaad" about the Azad Kashmir? The edits made by you lack citations, are poor in grammar and smack of pro-Paki point of view. First of all, try to get rid of these and then accuse others of introducing biased material. Btw, can you construct a single, error free sentence in English? Oh, you know, in Sanskrit, Kapish means king of the apes! Lol! Shovon (talk) 20:07, 29 August 2008 (UTC)
Pro paki lol coming from a hindu who believe in kali mata who eats kids in sick cult type partys get a life hindu azad kashmir is the REAL NAME and has been for 61 years i dont know why you hindus are making a big issue of this now and again your hypocrasy your claims of POK are un sourced so unless you get a life and read properly dont bother vandalising pakistani article or you will get this on your Rundia articles like jammu. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 20:16, 29 August 2008 (UTC)
Whats so azaad look at the news headlines kid and see what your democratic hindu dominating country is gettign upto in jammu azad kashmir is a billion times better of than the jail that is jammu and kashmir (IOK) —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 20:18, 29 August 2008 (UTC)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7585612.stm why dont you ask them how free jammu and kashmir(Indian occupied Kashmir) is? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 20:27, 29 August 2008 (UTC)
- See, my friend, if I want, I can also say may unflattering things about your religion, your country and so on. But I won't. That's simply because I did not have that kind of upbringing. People of Indian administered (or occupied, if that suits you) J&K had the equal rights as any other Indian (they were even more equal than the others thanks to Article 370). For example, although a Kashmiri Muslim can buy a piece of land or start a business in other parts of India, I can't do the same in Kashmir. Why do you choose to remain silent about two other parts of the state, Jammu and Ladakh? Why was India required to provide humanitarian aid and relief to the Azad(!) Kashmir after the earth quake? Personally, I believe, India should be better off without having traitor Kashmiris amidst us. Btw, you have not mentioned what are your sources. Shovon (talk) 20:43, 29 August 2008 (UTC)
Another thing you hindu cry over a few shops ask the children murdered by brave indian troops and raped women who are brutalised over NOTHING what they feel take your shop sob theory elsewhere its nothing compared to what oppressed muslims feel in Indian occupied Kashmir cant your hear the screams of freedom my freind or is the indian media blocking them recently? P.S you and your nationalist indian chum started to edit without consensus and sources then when its changed back to its unbiased stable state you moan of in justice what is this some indian movie? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 21:05, 29 August 2008 (UTC) please be more quick with your response next time took you ages just to write some anti kashmiri sentence you indians change colour like Chameleons first kashmir is integral then traitors ha ha even when india sent in terrorists into balouchistan is still loved my balouch brothers they were just brainwashed by RAW agents see. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 21:10, 29 August 2008 (UTC)
188.8.131.52 is a pro pakistani vandalizing articles. another user claimed he is a sock of a user called Nangparbat. please see  and . help please. he is inserting pakistani argument everywhere n remove indian ones. he write administered near kashmir (india) n removes for pakistan. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 18:05, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
for the past few days i left wikipedia as the war edits subsided on mountain in pakistan which overwhemingly stated they were disputed while indian mountains in kashmir didnt even mention this to make this worse the editors were ALL indians and repeatedly called me paki just as you said paki i snapped DONT EVER CALL ME PAKI AGAIN i dont care what it means in india indians also use POK but thats it only the INDIANS USE IT dont generalize things on articles and make it as the world does the reason i reverted your chums kashmir cloud edits is because he first tried to vandalize azad kashmir and failed then northern areas and he started to tag occupied all over it then he gave birth to POK pages this was the point were i decided anyone who backed this troll would also be a vandal themselves you supported his claims without no consensus so i snapped you seem like a nice guy i hope you understand oh yes sorry for calling you facist hindu bjp maybe you could apologize for calling me a paki nazi? good day 220.127.116.11 (talk) 21:02, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
- Hi, the irony is that, in the place where you stay, I would also be called a Paki! Isn't it? In any case please be rest assured that, I did not call you any racist names. I understand, how it may feel, because, I, myself, have been subjected to discrimination based on my language. I am sorry to have hurt your feelings.
- As for the nazi part, I did not call you that. I just wanted to point out that as Hitler had projected a kind of devilish image of the Jews among his countrymen, similarly, the Hinduvta parties will be able to lure away more and more Indians to their folds as long as there are more terrorist attacks, bomb blasts etc. Hope I make my self clear.
- Anyway, I have decided to take a break from the Kashmir related articles, just to keep my BP under control. Lol. :-) Thanks for your message. Btw, how can Kapish be a muslim name? Shovon (talk) 21:22, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
my last message
i hope in the future me and you can agree on something and i promise never to use bjp hindu facist words again in any of my future edits i will also try to neutral if you notice i only edit when editors like kashmir cloud change articles suddenly by adding strange terms like pok before that i never even looked at wikipedia its just when sudden changes are made like these it angers me kapish is not a name i learnt that from gangster movie like the godfather lol drink water and reduce sodium intake to decrease bp i have a bp machine at home trust me shovon wikipedia can bring the worst out in people well you wont here from me again i assure you edit all you want im stressing over some wikipedia article which allows anyone to edit lol im a fool there are better things in life like fat free cream (im random sorry) 18.104.22.168 (talk) 21:30, 1 September 2008 (UTC) you can delete this of you want its taking allot of space on your talke page
hi, jammu kashmir and ladakh- all 3 parts of disputed kingdom under indian control are discussed under Jand k article..using same logic, why should we not discuss merging the following 3:
- AJK region of Pakistan occupied Kashmir
- Northern areas
- Shaksam valley
thanks regarding vandalism detection
thanks for your edit in my talk page..please visit POKarticle talk page to see the vandalism on my edits..need help here too..once again thanks very much for removing the vandalism..Kashmircloud (talk) 21:59, 1 September 2008 (UTC) vandalism lol you call others vandals with your very sort after names such "vandal sahib" do i sense hypocrasy 22.214.171.124 (talk) 22:10, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
i find no awards here ..so i take the liberty to appreciate you
|The India Star|
|for your contribution in preventing vandalism in user talk pages and for contributing neutral views to discussions on india relevant articles like POK.. Kashmircloud (talk) 22:38, 1 September 2008 (UTC)|
Hello Shovon, I see you've taken quite a beating dealing with some trolls regarding the Kashmir issue. As a piece of advice, just don't entertain (feed) trolls because this only increases our pressure. Who cares, let them call us "Hindu facist" or "faggot" or whatever because that only reflects on the person making those remarks, and needless to say, their country. Such actions speak a thousand words and it's foolhardy for us to waste our time and energy feeding such trolls. I avoided naming this section "Kashmir" fearing you wouldn't give a damn! Have this cookie in the mean time. Take care.08:41, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
i applaud shovon for apologizing when he called me Paki he didnt understand what it meant in the naiton in which i reside while editors like kashmircloud are given a green light when they use F*** o** s3000 has always played fiddle to kashmircloud even when he abuses other editors like pahari sahib 126.96.36.199 (talk) 12:45, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
Hello Shovon, I seem to have reached an understanding with our IP friend and he's agreed to refrain from editing. I'm not sure how sincere he is, only time will tell. Since you were one of us directly involved in this mess, I just felt you should know this milestone. I understand that you're very affected by this rough episode and I deeply regret it. Lets put that behind and let's move on. Thanks and have a good day. 08:58, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
Calcutta Light Horse Bar
- Okk, I never went to either Calcutta or Saturday club club... Do you need membership for that?--Dwaipayan (talk) 16:55, 8 September 2008 (UTC)
this article has been posted for deletion..i have made the following appeal there:
- do not delete : PLEASE allow editing to take place in this article so that it gets balanced; disabling editing and then crying unbalanced is hypocrisy!!!..As we all know we didn't delete european union article just because there was an "england" article or "france" article or "germany" article (which are part of EU nevertheless) ... Similarly we did not destroy soviet union article just because it is divided into 15 parts..Further it is very very clear that POK is not the same as azad k as pok also includes trans karakoram tract, gilgit and baltistan (from 1947 till now)...pok term is used by most if not all non pakistan media.so ip and soman contention invalid.. i think it is not "fork" since contents are not identical, verifiable, has reliable sources and differs from the other articles like "trans-Karakoram tract" or "Northern Areas" (at the maximum, there is a passing reference in the summary(if this is considered fork) style with redirect links to sub regions).So, i am opposing this high handed move based on ignorance..rather i suggest that those who suggest it as non neutral contribute towards making this neutral, if it is not already neutral..pahari sahib's contention of inflammatory not substantiated both in talk page of pok or otherwise..so DO NOT DELETEKashmircloud (talk) 10:20, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
if you can improve this article or if you believe that the article can be improved by removing the edit ban(say, exampple: semiprotect) and if you also concur that pok not equal to ajk, please help in saving this article from deleters with nationalistic (pakistani)/ religious(islamist?) motives for POK article removal(example: User:paharisahib is pakistani)..please save the POKarticle...Kashmircloud (talk) 10:20, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
- Hi, till now, I have no reason to believe that Pahari Sahib edits with a pro-Pakistani agenda. I consider him to be an asset for Wikipedia. Regarding the POK article, I saw the afd even before you probably saw it, but have not voiced my support or objection against deletion. Shovon (talk) 07:40, 8 September 2008 (UTC)
i dont no why you sent me that however i changed jammu and kashmir because its clearly POV "so called azad" lol just like kashmir cloud vandalises PAK he needs his own medicine 188.8.131.52 (talk) 17:21, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
beware of sock puppet
Please have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/184.108.40.206 this is very similar to banned user: nangparbat. this guy is canvassing for deletion of the consensus arrived line of "pak (also known as pok) is a disputed region of" to an unbalanced line stating "pak is adisputed region of" at this article-POK..a user named pahari sahib accepts only his demands and ignores other user opinions in making unilateral controversial edits..Since, i was told not to canvass, how come that ip address is free to do the same and how come pahari sahib does not warn that user for canvassing. As a friend, i am asking you to help me to understand this nonsense double standards and vandalism of indian articles, so that i can tackle this nuisance better!!Kashmircloud (talk) 23:15, 15 September 2008 (UTC) double standards lol you first spread your POK filth on PAK article then you move onto editors and cry double standards its pathetic i will continue to add indian occupied kashmir on jammu and kashmir untill kashmircloud the biased editor removes POK from the PAK article end off 220.127.116.11 (talk) 17:43, 16 September 2008 (UTC)