My name is Simon Lyall. I started contributing to Wikipedia in July 2004.
For more information about me see my homepage. I don't believe in putting 50 boxes all over this page to show my languages spoken, favourite browsers and the like.
As of January 2010 I have made around 6,500 edits to wikipedia.
- My 1000th edit on 17 Oct 2005 was this one to the Wikipedia:About page.
- My 2000th edit on 15 March 2006 was this which added some content to the Deaths section of the 1982 in New Zealand article.
- My 3000th edit on 30 July 2006 appears to be this which removed some categories from Lanchester Valley Railway Path.
- My 4000th edit on 27 January 2007 appears to be this which fixed a link from the book Code Blue - Emergency to its author James White.
- Special:Recentchangeslinked/Wikipedia:WikiProject New Zealand/Vandalism patrol
- Wikipedia:Articles for deletion
- Wikipedia:Criteria for speedy deletion
Stuff I Have to remember to do
- Move pages rather than copy content to a new page
- Finish pages I start.
My Various User Pages
- TODO - List of pages and ideas I could be working on in future.
- testing - Testing stuff
- My Talk page - I check wikipedia every day or two if you want to leave a message.
Main Pages/Areas I'm concentrating on right now
I mostly edit New Zealand related pages.
- History of New Zealand
- Timeline of New Zealand history
- Wikipedia:WikiProject New Zealand (Lots of stuff to do)
- List of New Zealand-related topics
I used to be involved in Usenet a bit. Here is a quote that might be applicable to some who forget we're here to write an encyclopedia not debate their pet issues or form a social club.
"...it's about damn time that all of us who actually give a damn about Usenet stand up and tell the people who don't to fuck off and die." -- Russ Allbery