Who am I (alternatively): someone trying to avoid work, by editing Wikipedia on a regular basis since 2007, and an administrator since 2013. I have a degree in astrophysics, a degree in law, and I am a practising lawyer (however nothing I write about should ever be considered legal advice).
1) Canadian law (mostly criminal and constitutional)
2) Politics (mostly Canadian)
3) Math and Physics
4) Sci-fi and fantasy
5) Television, films, and other entertainment media
Most of my extensive work in Wikipedia is improving and maintaining articles on Canadian criminal and constitutional law. I am currently a member of WikiProject Canadian law, WikiProject Canada, and WikiProject Law. I also spend some time patrolling new pages (both in the main article space and in userspace).
Current articles being worked on
- Jury (Canada) - userpage draft started at User:Singularity42/Jury (Canada); will start filling it in over the summer. Update 2013: Was finding the sourcing too difficult for this article. I've moved on to other projects, but may come back to it later.
Articles I plan on improving
- Youth Criminal Justice Act
- Various Supreme Court of Canada cases.
Details of this project can be found at User:Singularity42/Supreme Court of Canada cases
- This is probably my main ongoing project for 2013 and 2014 (and depending on how complicated it gets, maybe even into 2015), and I have taken a different path then my original plan above (which started to become an exercise in frustration). The ultimate goal is to have a comprehensive list of SCC cases, and to identify which articles need to be created. If you would like to help, please let me know. Early steps can be found here: User:Singularity42/List of Supreme Court of Canada cases (Richards Court through Fauteux Court).
Articles I plan on creating
Major articles I have created
- Bail (Canada)
- Drunk driving (Canada)
- Criminal sentencing in Canada
- R. v. Grant
- Miazga v. Kvello Estate
- R. v. Harrison
- R. v. Suberu
- R. v. J.A.
- Doré v. Barreau du Québec
- R. v. Tse
Articles I have substantially expanded from a stub
Barnstars and Recognitions
|The Barnstar of Integrity|
|For your remarkable efforts to insure a fair and neutral AFD, you have shown yourself to be an exemplar of what good faith really means. Beeblebrox (talk) 00:09, 6 October 2009 (UTC)|
User:Singularity42 has been identified as an Awesome Wikipedian,
A record of your Day will always be kept here.
|The Barnstar of Good Humor|
|Fine, it was invented 24 hours ago! (Your seconding of my prod gave me a good chuckle :) ɠǀɳ̩ςεΝɡbomb 22:52, 7 July 2011 (UTC)|
|The Real Life Barnstar|
|For interceding in a particular off-wiki situation that could have long term implications, and doing it very very well. Philippe Beaudette, Wikimedia Foundation (talk) 15:09, 30 December 2012 (UTC)|
Because it just looks so cool
|This user thinks he's a disambiguation page. You can help Wikipedia by giving him brain surgery.|