Shrimati Hansa Mehta Library
The library was established on May 1, 1950. At the time of MSU's establishment, a collection of 25,000 books belonging to two state libraries (Huzur Political Office and Secretariat Library) was handed over to the University Library.
There were several colleges in Baroda — Baroda College (for Arts), Science Institute, Commerce College, and Secondary Teacher’s Training College, etc. These colleges had libraries of their own that continued to remain as Faculty Libraries and were administered independently. Thus the University Library System was established on 5 January 1950 and housed in the central block of Old Residency Office Building. Status of library holdings are as following
- Smt. Hansa Mehta Library: 4,56,033
- Faculty of Law Library: 7,305
- Sir Sayajirao Memorial Trust (SSMT) Library: 4,56,033 combined with H M Library
- Prof. T. K. Gajjar Library, Faculty of Technology & Engineering: 1,12,670
- Polytechnic Library, Polytechnic College: 41,170
- Faculty of Fine Arts Library: 11,195
- Faculty of Management Studies Library: 5,514
- M K Amin Arts & Science College and College of Commerce, Padra Library: 14,750
- Faculty of Performing Arts Library: 13,077
- Faculty of Social Work Library: 13,499
- Center for Advance Studies in Education (C. A. S. E.) Library: 18,959
- Oriental Institute Library: 49,347
- Water Resources Engineering & Management Institute’s (WREMI) Library: 1,983
- Baroda Sanskrit Mahavidyalaya Library: 5,244
- Department of Biochemistry Library (Faculty of Science): 789
The Library is having SOUL Software made by INFLIBNET.
Open Knowledge Gateway (OKG) provides a platform to the Researchers, Faculty and Students of MSU to access the free academic resources available on Internet without geographical Limitations. Team @ HML organized all these resources/links and put it together on the platform of OKG. So, take the optimum advantage of these resources and excel your research.
Research Information System University Library collects research areas and interests of the University Faculty and Research Scholars in order to identify the resources pertinent to research on a range of subjects including institutional, human resources, collecting them, organizing them for timely and effectively retrieval. Some of the existing Research Information systems listed here.
|NAME||Dr.Mayank Trivedi(University Librarian)|
|ADDRESS||Smt. Hansa Mehta Library
The M S University of Baroda, Station Road, Vadodara - 390 002
|email@example.com ( University Librarian )|