This is the user sandbox of Sph130. A user sandbox is a subpage of the user's user page. It serves as a testing spot and page development space for the user and is not an encyclopedia article. Create or edit your own sandbox here.
Writing an article and ready to request its creation?
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (October 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Supply Chain Materials Management|
|Founder||Kevin Allen (President/CEO)
Sean HUssey (EVP, Chemical Engineer, CIH)
|Headquarters||Portsmouth, New Hampshire, USA|
SK Studios LLP is an American software company founded in 2011. The company began as an MSDS authoring and data management service, using a hosted model which is now known as SaaS or software-as-a-service, but in the mid-90's was called ASP. The company expanded its product line from online MSDS data management to include broader, supplier-collaboration tools to help solve the environmental problem of material disclosure and conflicting environmental regulations that are found in a global supply chain. Headquartered an hour north of Boston, Massachusetts in the growing seaside town of Portsmouth, New Hampshire, Actio has employees worldwide with central offices in Chicago and China. Actio clients include Behr Paints, Stanley Tools, Green Mountain Coffee, Axcelis, and Owens Corning.
Actio’s automated software-as-a-service (SaaS) supply chain product data management solution creates a collaborative infrastructure for suppliers, internal stakeholders and customers can share permissioned, secure data about product ingredients. The idea is to identify and screen chemical ingredients so that toxic chemicals do not harm customers, workers, or the environment. Actio products engender Green Chemistry and best practices in a greener product supply chain. Manufacturers are overwhelmed today by proliferating global environmental regulations such as Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals, RoHS and WEEE and to regulatory bodies such as Occupational Safety and Health Administration, United States Environmental Protection Agency, and ECHA. Actio Corporation says it aims to protect workers, the environment, the consumer, and the corporate Risk Manager all the while satisfying regulatory bodies.
Actio areas of focus include:
Supply chain communication - Material Disclosure, REACHtracker
Web based MSDS management - MSDS Vault
REACH compliance - REACHtracker
Substance volume tracking and reporting - Regulator
Green chemistry - Gatekeeper
Product data management - BOMtracker
- Electronic System Cuts Paper And Costs Of Managing Hazardous Materials InformationWeek 2005-5-3
- Actio Upgrades Compliance Software for Chemical Manufacturers eWeek 2005-10-19
- Actio at tip of the green manufacturing revolution Portsmouth Herald 2010-01-17
- Global aerospace manufacturer cuts material-approval time by 75% SAE International 2010-2-17
- Sustainable Portsmouth beginning to bloom Portsmouth Herald 2010-4-25
- Actio Readies ASP Service for MSDS Authoring eWeek 2005-11-4
- Actio & Atrion International Launch REACHtracker Reuters 2010-4-1
- Actio Releases Update of Material Disclosure Software Supply Chain Brain 2010-2-18
- Clean Technology Directory of organizations and companies 2009-4-10
- List of Actio's clients
- Actio Company Overview Bloomberg / Business Week. 2010-03-01