|This is a Wikipedia user page.|
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user whom this page is about may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
|Search user languages|
New articles and major rewrites
- University of Bristol
- Academic dress of the University of Bristol
- Degrees of the University of Bristol (now trimmed and merged into main article)
- List of University of Bristol alumni (actually, I exported this from the original Uni article)
- Eric Thomas (academic)
- John Kingman
- Category:University of Bristol
- Category:People associated with the University of Bristol
- Office for Fair Access
- Master of Engineering
- Constellation diagram
- Phase-shift keying
- Modulation index
- Phase modulation
- Quadrature amplitude modulation
- Space–time code
- Space–time block code
- Space–time trellis code (stub)
- Differential space–time code (stub)
- RC circuit
- RL circuit
- Atef El-Tayeb (stub)
- Gerard J. Foschini
- Hamid Jafarkhani
- Bluetooth Special Interest Group (it was a stub for 3.5 years!)
- Worldwide Universities Network
- Barnyard (2006 film)
- Statistics Commission
- Institute of Statisticians (superstub)
- Grant-in-aid (stub)
- Council for Industry and Higher Education
- Peter Whittle
- Patricia Broadfoot
- Rayleigh fading (spent most of its life as a redirect!)
- Electronic Travel Authority
- Vehicular Technology Conference (and VTC to dab it with a school)
- International Conference on Communications
- Global Communications Conference
- International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications
- Consolidation bill
- Powers of Criminal Courts (Sentencing) Act 2000
- Engineering Doctorate
- William Darling (very small stub in need of help)
- The Inheritance of Loss (just so we had something)
- China Multimedia Mobile Broadcasting
- Icesave dispute
Significant contributions to...
Made a difference to...
Some of these include the addition of just a paragraph to e.g. a stub.
- Top-up fees
- British universities
- Student loan#United Kingdom
- Frequency modulation
- Diversity reception
- Bandpass filter
- Motion graphs and derivatives
- John F Kennedy Catholic School (say "school" quickly, and it won't make you itch)
Along with minor copy-edits, stub-sorts etc. to various things.
I've uploaded a few rather dull, technical images. I release all my own images under the GFDL because the choices of everything else are too bewildering. If you'd like a technical image made, I can probably make it given a little time:
System diagram for differentially-encoded modulation.
Phase modulation example.
Series RC circuit diagram.
Parallel RC circuit diagram.
Capacitor voltage step-response in series RC circuit.
Resistor voltage step-response in series RC circuit.
Series RL circuit diagram.
Parallel RL circuit diagram.
Timing diagram for BPSK.
Timing diagram for QPSK.
Timing diagram for offset QPSK.
Timing diagram for π/4-QPSK.
The UK's National Minimum Wage.
What I want to do
Write these articles properly (in no particular order):
- Space–time trellis code
- Differential space–time code, but they're so messy I probably never will
- Fix Category:Telecommunications and its children. They make my eyes water.
Get involved in some non-technical articles. I think I might be able to do some useful copy-editing of articles related to British politics and political systems.
Nice things nice people gave to me:
I...present you with this Cool as a cucumber award for staying cool in discussion of a recent incident in which you were involved. moink 14:04, 21 September 2005 (UTC)
I, Xoloz, award this Working Man's Barnstar to Splash for his tireless defense of the spirit of consensus in many wiki-forums. Xoloz 11:07, 2 November 2005 (UTC)
For interwiki purposes, I am also meta:User:Splash, commons:User:Splash, wikibooks:User:Splash, wikiquote:User:Splash, wikisource:User:Splash, wiktionary:User:Splash, wikitravel:User:Splash (not a Wikimedia or a GFDL project), and IRC user splash_wp. The Wikimedia projects apart from Meta and Commons are principally for transwiki purposes. On Wikia I am User:Splash-enwiki, and all the accounts listed at that central user page are me.