|Works in progress
WP:SC - list of stub tags
Longer plain text list
Stub cats - list of stubs
May 9: I'm back! I'm back from my graduation ceremony thing (after much bowing and wearing of strange gowns with furry hoods and mortarboards and things - very bizarre!) and ready to edit...
May 6: I'm away! Please note that I am away from May 6 to May 8 (UTC) because I have a graduation ceremony (a year after finishing - I clearly went to a strange uni) so I may not be able to respond to any messages until Sunday evening.
May 3: 1000 edits! Wow! 1000 edits in 2 months (and a day). How productive am I?! (Well, I'm impressed). Actually, I only made about 20 edits in March, so that's around 800 in April (even more impressive). Clear signs of Wikipediholism and possible encroaching Editcountitis. Must write more articles...
April 26: Hurrah! A week after computer death (see below - marked AAAARGH) my computer is now working so I could work on Wikipedia for the next 24 hours straight! (I might not though, but I'll be around more than I have been.) I no longer have to steal (my Mum's computer whenever she's away from her desk for more than 5 seconds) to feed my addiction. Once again, Hurrah! and Yay! and other joyous exclamations. I'm back! (Though I seem to have managed to make over 150 edits since I "left" when my computer broke... This will be edit number 704 which at least impresses me.)
April 20: AAAARGH! Right, one of the questions on the wikiholic test is "Did your laptop melt (or show serious signs of melting) while you were editing Wikipedia?" (Q. 106 - knowing that is probably worth a dozen points). So basically that's what has happened (well, the adapter seems to have melted and the battery's dead...). In other words, I'm not going to be around for a while until I get it fixed. And my test score is over 300 (past wikiholism - scores over 225 "are commonly fatal". So I'll have a couple of days to try to recover while I get my computer fixed. Although I may, as I am now, nick someone else's computer to feed my addiction (add more points to wikiholic score...).
I'm currently living near Middlesbrough in the north-east of England and am on a gap year after finishing my degree in French and German at Keble College, Oxford. Next year I will be studying for an MA in Translation studies at the University of Manchester.
I keep meaning to work on meaningful articles, but get distracted by combatting vandalism while I decide what to do and just carrying on with that for hours. It's sad really that so many people seem to have so little to do. By the way: Meta:Friends of gays should not be allowed to edit articles - this amuses me.
I'm currently working on Eugène Ionesco (Romanian-born French playwright) and his works.
- Eugène Ionesco - bio expanded
- Gulf Rupee - follow on from Kuwati dinar translation - why did Kuwait use the Indian Rupee as its currency? (Status: To do - researching)
- Palmstruch: Johan Palmstruch, Stockholms Banco - done!
- William Hearst - now a disambig - this was a mess with two different Hearsts on the same page. Moved one (William Hearst (Ontario Premier)), the other was POV duplicate of information already on William Randolph Hearst.
- Separate Representation of Voters Act - the original text of half a dozen words didn't even mention which country it related to!
Significant cleanups and stub expansions
- de:Hammamet to Hammamet - status: complete
- de:Else Lasker-Schüler to Else Lasker-Schüler - status: complete
- de:Bobath-Konzept to Bobath concept - status: complete
- de:Christo und Jeanne-Claude to Christo and Jeanne-Claude - incorrect translations, needed cleanup - status: complete
- de:Liptauer to Liptauer - Slovak cheese - status: complete
- de:Brimsen to Bryndza - more Slovak cheese, translate and merge - status: complete
- de:Antoni Grabowski to Antoni Grabowski - an untranslated text dump - status: complete
- de:Hotelturm to Dorint Hotel Tower - referred by the Cleanup Taskforce: the English article was an incomprehensible machine translation of the German original - status: complete
- de:Kurt Tucholsky to Kurt Tucholsky - status: in progress
- fr:Gilles Thomas to Gilles Thomas - status: complete
- La.Meko Filmfestival Landau - rewrite based on de:La.Meko Filmfestival Landau - status: complete
- de:Kuwait-Dinar to Kuwaiti dinar - status: translation complete, awaiting images
General things waiting to be done...
You can help improve the articles listed below! This list updates frequently, so check back here for more tasks to try. (See Wikipedia:Task Center for brief guides.)