User:Stugah/draft for ANSARA Jasin
|Founded||1985 (Registered with the Malaysian Registrar of Societies in 1994|
|Founder||Mohd Fakri Zaky Jaafar, '85|
|Type||School Alumni Association|
|Origins||Persatuan Bekas Pelajar (PBP) MRSM Jasin|
|Kamarul Arrifin Ali, '85 (President)
Zalina Tan Sri Abdul Halim, '88 (Deputy President)
|Membership fee, donations|
|A member of ANSARA Malaysia|
ANSARA Jasin (Persatuan Bekas Pelajar MRSM Jasin) is an alumni association for former ms:Maktab Rendah Sains MARA Tun Ghafar Baba or MRSM TGB (formerly known as MRSM Jasin) students and also a chapter of ANSARA Malaysia. It was founded to connect all former students of MRSM Jasin.
ANSARA Jasin was founded at the end of 1985 by the first batch of graduates from MRSM Jasin who entered the school in 1981 lead by Mohd Fakri ZakY Jaafar. At the time, the name Persatuan Bekas Pelajar MRSM Jasin (PBP MRSM Jasin) was used. In 1994, ANSARA Jasin was among nine ANSARAs who were the first to merge into a national body under the name ANSARA Malaysia. The other eight were ANSARA Seremban, Kota Bharu, Kuantan, Kulim, Kuala Terengganu, Muar, Beseri and Balik Pulau.
Events and Programs
This is its flagship event. An annual event done in MRSM TGB features established members giving talks to students of the school. It also includes a series of talks by members from various fields giving career advice.
Blood Donation Drive
Along with ANSARA Malaysia, ANSARA Jasin has been consistently holding pre-Ramadhan blood donation drives. This is to aid the blood bank which receives decreased blood donations during the fasting month of Ramadhan.
Various sporting events were held to collect donations for orphanages and other charity work. Events include bowling and futsal tournaments.
- Graduate member
- Still studying
- 17-24 years of age
- Executive member
- 24-30 years of age
- Senior member
- 30-45 years of age
- Corporate member
- Above 45 years old
(in alphabetical orders)
- Adam Selamat Musa, Managing Partner, Adam & Co
- Ahmad Ridzuan Wan Idrus, Director, Ernst & Young Malaysia
- Haniza Ros Nasaruddin, Senior General Manager, Group Business Development, KUB Malaysia Bhd
- Kamarul Arrifin Ali, Managing Director, Gerak Utusan Engineering Sdn Bhd (current President until May 31, 2012)
- Khairil Aznan Azizi, Partner, Andrew T.S. Goh & Khairil
- Datuk Dr Mohd Asri Abd Ghapar , Orthopedic & Trauma Specialist, Kuala Lumpur General Hospital and Prince Court Medical Centre
- Dr Mohd Fakri Zaky Jaafar, Senior Lecturer, Architecture Department, Universiti Putra Malaysia (past President)
- Mohd Hanizam Mohamed, Head, Network Fundamental Planning, Time dotCom Bhd (past President)
- Muhamad Azli Said, Director, Mutiara Teknologi (M) Sdn Bhd & CEO, Axis-Technology Resources (M) Sdn Bhd
- Muhamad Fairuz Ismail, Assistant VP, Maybank
- Muhammad Aziph Dato' Mustapha, CEO, Yayasan Inovasi Malaysia (past President)
- Mus-liliwati Mustaffa, Assistant VP, Khazanah Nasional
- M. Idham Nawawi, CCO, Axiata
- Zalina Tan Sri Abdul Halim, Manager , Multimedia Development Corporation (past President)