This is the user sandbox of Wikithick. A user sandbox is a subpage of the user's user page. It serves as a testing spot and page development space for the user and is not an encyclopedia article. Create or edit your own sandbox here.
Finished writing a draft article? Are you ready to request an experienced editor review it for possible inclusion in Wikipedia?
The Thick Podcast
The Thick is a Podcast series that revels in the comical banter between the dynamic duo, Tabria Majors and Mindy J.! The Love, Life, and ‘Lipo’ Podcast Series focuses on providing insight to the challenges in the world of dating, work life and also provide health, fashion, and beauty tips from the perspectives of a Plus Size, Super Model in the making and a professional career woman based in Los AngelesCite error: There are
<ref> tags on this page without content in them (see the help page).
New podcast episodes are available every Tuesday and are about 60-90 mins long.
Tabria Majors is a bicoastal, Plus Size Fashion Model signed with Natural Models Los Angeles and Muse Model Agency in New York. As seen in modeling in Sports Illustrated Swim Suit Issue 2018 and Forever 21, Tabria has also been featured in Galore Magazine, Essence.com, Glamour Magazine and many more major publications, and she continuously strives to express the beauty of enjoying life and style regardless of size.
Amanda J. Louis, online personality Mindy J. (@IGoByMindy), is an energetic - ambivert, who recently moved to Los Angeles, CA to pursue her career dreams of becoming a Journalist for a popular Web Magazine. Mindy fervidly details her experiences as a single woman troubleshooting the dating world while laboring a professional life in a male dominated industry in one of the most expensive cities in the world.
On The Thick, best friends Tabria and Mindy review weekly events ranging from political, emerging technology and science to Pop Culture and celebrity gossip.
During The Thick podcast episodes, Tabria Majors and Mindy J. discuss current events, pop culture, and provides insight on the challenges in the world of dating, work life and provide health, fashion, and beauty tips.
The two lively hosts have been friends for years and this plays a major role in their comical banter for listeners to enjoy every Tuesday! The Thick's format has six major talk segments:
- Music Submission Review: The hosts of the The Thick allow listeners to submit their music to be played as the opening song and are reviewed by the hosts.
- Current Events: The Thick highlights weekly events in News and Popular Culture. Recently introduced a new Sub-segment called ' This Ni**a Trump' to highlight the outlandish antics from the United States' Commander In Chief, Donald Trump.
- Life Update: As people of interest, Tabria Majors and Mindy J. discuss things that have taken place in their personal lives which typically lead into the Topic of the week and close with 'Take-Aways' from the previous week's episode.
- Topic: These two best friends dive into lively discussions of specific topics from different perspectives on matters ranging from Domestic Violence to Dating etiquette. Often the pair invite special guests to add their opinions.
- Listener Letters: Listeners are able to submit their questions and inquire tips from the hosts of The Thick Podcast directly through their website. Tabria and Mindy review 2-3 submissions on each episode.
- Love, Life, and Lipo Tip of the week: The Thick hosts end the their episodes by providing personal insight in the realm of relationship, work, fashion, and Health and Beauty typically a resolution to any issues discussed in the topic of the week or brought up by listeners.
Live Show Tour
- New York, NY - October 7th, 2017
- Los Angeles, CA - Dates TBA
- Atlanta, GA - Dates TBA
- Houston, TX - Dates TBA
- Washington, D.C. - Dates TBA
- "The Thick by The Thick on Apple Podcasts". Apple Podcasts. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- "Listen Free to The Thick on iHeartRadio Podcasts | iHeartRadio". iHeartRadio. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- "The Thick by Auudio Boom". Apple Podcasts. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- "The #SISwimSearch Open Casting Call Final Six are Revealed". SI.com. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- Forever 21 (2017-06-30), Forever 21 Meets Tabria, retrieved 2017-11-29
- "How Tabria Majors went from Instagram to Sports Illustrated". Galore. 2017-08-25. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- "Curvy Model Recreates Victoria's Secret Ads—And Absolutely Kills It!". Essence.com. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- Briones, Isis. "This Brand Is Using Size 2 Models in Plus-Size Ads, and People Are Not Happy". Glamour. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- "Big Fine 🇭🇹 (@igobymindy) • Instagram photos and videos". www.instagram.com. Retrieved 2017-11-29.