User:TUF-KAT/Wikipedia Treasure Hunt
- To donate to the Wikipedia Treasure Hunt, see my Fundable page. Donating is free, and donations will not be drawn unless the desired goal is met ($1000).
I will choose a number of Wikipedia articles on encyclopedic and scholarly topics, and will mail myself a list (so that its postmark and sealed envelope prove the list wasn't changed). When those articles achieve Featured Status on the online encyclopedia project Wikipedia, I will send the person(s) responsible for it a check as a reward.
Exactly how much the reward will be, and how many articles will be chosen, will depend on how much money I can raise. I hope to be able to give at least $10 for 100 different articles, and I promise that I will not choose obscure subjects -- all articles will be fairly likely to become featured in the next few years anyway.
On a subpage of my Wikipedia userpage, I will keep a list of the rewards yet to be claimed, with a broad clue about each article (e.g. "there's a $10 reward outstanding for an article on a professional boxer"). Hopefully, this will spur work towards improving articles on a given subject, towards the featured criteria.
Please note that I reserve the right to make the final call on who will receive how much of the reward if work has been shared among more than one people.
Scavenger Hunt checklist
- If this project raises the requisite $1000 through the Fundable page, I will place a $10 reward on each of 100 articles. To earn a reward, improve one of these articles to featured article status. The catch is that you won't know which article carries the reward! Here's the clues (currently an incomplete list, as the scavenger hunt will not begin until the fundraising goal has been reached).
- An article on the "culture of" a country
- An article on a famous mathematician
- An article on a country
- An article on the "history of" a city in Europe
- An article on a tribe, race or ethnic group in Africa
- An article on a number
- An article on the "government of" a country
- An article on a civil war
- An article on the current monarch of a European country
- An article on a 20th century literary work
- An article on an opera composer
- An article on the "history of" a province or territory of Canada
- An article on a figure prominent in World War 2
- An article on a specific painting
- An article on an assassinated world leader
- An article on a current member of the United States House of Representatives
- An article on an Atlantic hurricane
- An article on a fruit
- An article on a species of mammal
- An article on a genus of plant
- An article on a kind of insect
- An article on a species of reptile
- An article on a taxonomic unit of fungus
- An article on a musical instrument
- An article on an extinct animal
- An article on a common food source
- An article related to the country of Eritrea
- An article on a Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
- An article on a subnational unit of Russia
- An article on an island of the Pacific Ocean
- An article on a subnational unit of India
- An article on a place in New Zealand
- An article on an organ in human anatomy