Rolandas Valiūnas (born 13 January 1965 in Kybartai, Rajon Vilkaviškis, Lithuania) is a Lithuanian Business Lawyer, Attorney at law, Co-Founder and Managing Partner of LAWIN Lideika, Petrauskas, Valiūnas ir partneriai, of the Baltic's largest law firm "LAWIN", Honorary Consul of Thailand (since 2004).
From 1971 to 1982 Rolandas Valiūnas learned at the 5th Middle school Marijampolė, where he graduated with the gold medal (with distinction) made. After the Soviet army service he studied law in the graduate studies from 1984 to 1989 at the Law Faculty of Vilnius universitetas. Then he continued his education in 1994 at the "Queen Mary & Westfield Coledge the University of London (in UK 1994), USA, at the Academy of International Law in Dallas, Texas, USA (1996). From 1999 to 2000 he studied at the Baltic Management Institute (BMI), the Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) program (2000). After that, he is a lecturer in the course of the BMI Institute "Corporate Governance".
From 1990 he is a lawyer. From 1989 to 1991 he worked in the first Law Firm Vilnius, from 1991 1992 at the law firm "Foresta" in 1992 at the law firm "Lideika, Petrauskas, Valiūnas ir partneriai" as managing partner. According to "The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers," he is the best lawyer in the area of mergers and acquisitions in Lithuania. He contributes to the national and international conferences regarding business law topics and has authored and co-author of numerous legal publications in the business press (Verslo žinios etc.).
Valiūnas is married to a gynecologist Renata (b. 1965) and has the sons Giedrius (* 1989) and Mantas Gabrielius (* 2000) and daughters Grytė Marija (* 1995) and Elzė Gintvilė (* 2006).
Rolandas is CEO of BMI and Investors' Forum in Lithuania, Vice President of ICC Lietuva.
- 2010 – to date Advisory Board, Law Firm Management Committee, International Bar Association (IBA)
- 2007 – to date Advisory Board, European Regional Forum, IBA
- 2006 to date – Board Member, Vilnius Court of Commercial Arbitration
- 2004 - 2006 Co-Chair, European Regional Forum, IBA
- 2002 - 2005 Deputy Chairman, Council of Lithuanian Bar Association
- 2000 - 2005 Member of General Professional Program Committee, IBA
- 1998 to date - Board Member, Law Clinics of Vilnius University
- 1995 to date - Recommended arbitrator of Vilnius Court of Commercial Arbitration
- 1994 - 1997 President, Lithuanian Young Bar Association (LJAA)
- 1991 - 2000 - Vice-President, Union Internationale des Avocats (UIA)
|This article about an Lithuanian lawyer, judge or jurist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|