I'm a software-application analyst / designer / implementer / project manager. I've worked for lots of UK public sector authorities & organisations, and for & on projects funded by the European Commission DGXII. I've run, or worked for, or through, a number of UK companies. I don't think I have any obvious COI w.r.t. any of these or their work, and do sometimes use acquired knowledge to add cited (and I trust uncontroversial) content.
Main work on Wikipedia seems to be:
- Adding geographic coordinates to articles - see WP:GEO & Category:Articles missing geocoordinate data by country
- Importing information & creating articles based on the Dictionary of National Biography - see WP:WPDNB
- Importing public domain text and images from Project Gutenberg, the Internet Archive and the Hathi Trust
- Lately, importing maps from OpenStreetMap to serve as pushpin maps for infoboxes - see for instance these Oregon maps and a how-to guide, and some background
- Providing wikidata support to WikiProject Women in Red
- Occasionally writing an article
I'm more often found on Wikidata these days.
|Multi-licensed with the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License versions 1.0, 2.0, 2.5, and 3.0|
|I agree to multi-license my contributions, unless otherwise stated, under Wikipedia's copyright terms and the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license version 1.0, version 2.0, version 2.5, and version 3.0. Please be aware that other contributors might not do the same, so if you want to use my contributions under the Creative Commons terms, please check the CC dual-license and Multi-licensing guides.|