|This work has been released into the public domain by the copyright holder. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible:
You have probably noticed that my English level is not at the same standard as most editors'. What you probably did not know is that English is not my primary language, and I am taking courses to improve it. I started editing Wikipedia because I did not like seeing Electricidad as a redlink; it is a studio album by Jesse & Joy that contains songs I like. Some time after, I discovered that this site could help me to improve my English, so I decided to stay and try to upgrade my English level - it has improved, undoubtedly, but more improvement is needed.
When I nominated American Life to WP:GAN, and it was quick-failed, it helped me to realize that it was not enough, but when 82nd Academy Awards passed its WP:FLC, and Forgive Me (Leona Lewis song) passed WP:GAN, I was happy, and I understood that my English was getting better.
I created this page because over several months editing Wikipedia, many users criticized the English level of my replies to other users. Of course, this does not greatly affect my mainspace editing. This is because I take my time reviewing them, unlike comments I leave on talk pages, where I only write and save them without major revisions. Due to this, I decided that you, who have panned my English all this time and/or failed to fully understand what I am trying to say, should help me with my learning.
How? Simple. At the bottom of any page of Wikipedia, its license appears: "Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License" (CC-BY-SA 3.0), in which:
You are free:
- to Share— to copy, distribute and transmit the work, and
- to Remix— to adapt the work
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution— You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work.)
- Share Alike— If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same, similar or a compatible license.
With the understanding that:
- Waiver— Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
- Other Rights— In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license:
I am the copyright holder of my comments, and thus, I grant you the right to refactor my comments (WP:TPO does not apply any more). This implies the following rules:
- My comments are not in the public domain, except where noted.
- You are free to refactor any comments (in both user talkpages and article talkpages) provided there are typographical or grammatical errors.
- Give a relevant and informative edit summary saying you have my permission to do so, unless you want to be reverted by others.
- Notify me of any changes. I cannot learn from my mistakes if I do not know them.
- I reserve the right to revert in case you are refactoring valid comments or the comment is error-free.
- You must not remove my signature.
- If a comment is unintelligible, contact me and I will try to tweak it.
As you have read, the rules are simple; it all depends on whether you want to play by them. As I see it there are only two options: either help me or (sorry to say it so boldly) just shut up.
- Except for the word "Tbhotch", to which I reserve all rights, and the design of my signature, which is licensed under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at