Currently, there are 0 subpages of this user.
On this day
- 1825 – Locomotion No. 1 hauled the train on the opening day of the Stockton and Darlington Railway, the first public railway to use steam locomotives.
- 1854 – The paddle steamer SS Arctic sank after a collision with SS Vesta, a much smaller vessel, 50 miles (80 km) off the coast of Newfoundland, killing approximately 320 people.
- 1916 – Lij Iyasu (pictured), the emperor-designate of Ethiopia, was deposed in favor of his aunt, Zewditu.
- 1941 – SS Patrick Henry, the first of 2,710 Liberty ships built during World War II by the United States, was launched.
- 1996 – The Taliban drove Afghan President Burhanuddin Rabbani out of Kabul and established the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan.
|Picture of the day|
The Mystery of the Leaping Fish is a 1916 American short silent film starring Douglas Fairbanks, Bessie Love, and Alma Rubens. Directed by John Emerson, the story – a comedy which focused on "Coke Ennyday", a cocaine-using detective who is a parody of Sherlock Holmes – was written by Tod Browning with intertitles by Anita Loos. A 35 mm print of the film exists in its entirety and is in the public domain.
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
Se pare că acum este Tuesday, 27 September, orele 17:46.
Wikipedia în limba engleză are în prezent 5,249,888 articole.