|The Filmaker is taking a wikibreak to attend college and will be back on Wikipedia once college is over, though some editing may be done from time to time. Talk page messages might not receive a timely response.|
The Filmaker is a mergist wikipedian and hopes he doesn't anger anyone (he has failed). He hopes that no one reads this page as it is probably quite embarassing for him, but The Filmaker wishes for people to click on his name and leave comments in his discussion area, so The Filmaker provides them with one page of The Filmaker's hopes and dreams.
The Filmaker, so far, has heavily edited and revised the Star Wars prequel trilogy, the Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, and the Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back film articles for featured status and was prime editor in their nominations. As a result, the entire film series has been voted as a featured topic. He has also revised the Daniel Day-Lewis article for good article status. He recently revised the Pilot (House) episode article for featured article status to become one of the first television episode featured articles. With his revision of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith he achieved the first Star Wars featured article.
Most of The Filmaker's interests center in the Star Wars universe, machinma projects from Rooster Teeth Productions, and other film articles. He recently began the essay User:The Filmaker/Style guidelines for film articles.
A common misconception
The description of a plot of artistic work does not require a reference per this quote by the Featured Article Director: "No, the purpose of adding a reference is to allow someone to know the source of a particular bit of information. It should be implicitely obvious that when you are describing the plot of a work, the source of the information is the work itself. Thus, no reference is necessary. Raul654 19:03, 18 May 2006 (UTC)"
The word "fanboy"
Lately, I've noticed an increase in the word "fanboy". An irritating increase might I add. Since I do lean towards working on articles, such as Bond films, Batman, and especially Star Wars, I am often accused of being a "fanboy". I am beginning to find the word insulting. Around every corner there is someone accusing someone of "fanboy logic" or someone disagreeing with a source for being a "fanboy website". I am perfectly all right if you would like to use the word "fan" for "fan logic" and "fan website". However fanboy has always been a derogatory word, and I feel that it should fall in the realm of personal attacks. I myself am a fan of Star Wars perhaps even falling into the category of what is a "fanboy". However, I do not allow it to override my logic on Wikipedia. These fans and fanboys have a place in society and are, in a way, the reason why we are writing these articles in the first place. Why are we so content to beat them down for liking these films?
My DVD collection (Accomplishments)
Over the years I plan to work on getting articles on the movies in my DVD collection up to featured article status. They are:
- A Beautiful Mind (film)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
- Batman Begins
- Casino Royale (2006 film) (minor contributions)
- Minority Report (film) (minor contributions)
- Spider-Man (minor contributions)
- The Godfather
- The Godfather Part II
- The Godfather Part III
- Schindler's List
- House of Sand and Fog
- The Silence of the Lambs (film)
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
- The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (no significant contributions)
- Moulin Rouge!
- Lost in Translation (film)
- The Miracle Match
- My Left Foot (film)
- X-Men (film)
- X2: X-Men United
- Finding Neverland
- Closer (film)
- The Mask (film)
- Million Dollar Baby
- The Matrix
- The Matrix Reloaded
- The Matrix Revolutions
- The Animatrix
- American Beauty (film)
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Mystic River (film)
- Punch-Drunk Love
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Open Range
- Good Will Hunting
- As Good As It Gets
- Catch Me If You Can
- The Terminator
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
- Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back
- Vanilla Sky
- One Hour Photo
- Insomnia (2002 film)
- Jerry Maguire
- The Passion of the Christ
- Narc (film)
- Mission: Impossible (film)
- Mission: Impossible II
- Primal Fear (film)
- Gangs of New York
- Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
- The Sum of All Fears (film)
- Analyze This
- Back to the Future
- Back to the Future Part II
- Back to the Future Part III
- Red Dragon (film)
- Tomorrow Never Dies
- The World is Not Enough
- Die Another Day
- Phone Booth (film)
- Changing Lanes
- Jaws (film) (no significant contributions)
- Dr. No (no significant contributions)
- Goldfinger (no significant contributions)
- GoldenEye (no significant contributions)
- Road to Perdition (no significant contributions)
- Continue to update pages for Rooster Teeth Production machinima.
- Find new pages to update concerning Star Wars.
- Work on Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi for FA candidacy.
- Work on main Star Wars article for GA or FA status to maintain featured topic.
- Continue referring to self in the third-person on user page.
This page will continue as soon as The Filmaker has something to say......
The Tireless Contributor Barnstar
for making top notch articles out of so-so films (The Star Wars Prequel Trilogy... though ROTS was great, and I actually liked TPM...oops, better stop talking, this is a barnstar...or typing. Or both. Who talks when they type?) ....(Complain)(Let us to it pell-mell) 10:28, 28 July 2006 (UTC)
|The Barnstar of High Culture|
|Awarded for your work in getting Red vs Blue up to featured article status.|
|The Imperial Scout|
|For improving information in the Star Wars pages, and for keeping it real, I would like to award you the Star Wars barnstar for your detailed and good editing within the SW sphere, a true scout of the Empire! ( Seong0980 12:21, 29 January 2007 (UTC) )|