I run a weblog about wikipedia. If you want me to write about a particular article/topic/concept/whatever, leave a note, or comment on a weblog post.
Various logos and graphics for wikipedia/wikimedia/wikimania.
|29 June 2018|
|Search user languages|
How to appreciate jazz without really trying.
File sharing is theft (read all the way through before you send me angry emails).
How to build a computer out of black holes.
Why is the sky blue?.
Does the Universe have granularity?.
You Know My Name (Look Up the Number).
|Multi-licensed with the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License versions 1.0 and 2.0|
|I agree to multi-license my text contributions, unless otherwise stated, under Wikipedia's copyright terms and the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license version 1.0 and version 2.0. Please be aware that other contributors might not do the same, so if you want to use my contributions under the Creative Commons terms, please check the CC dual-license and Multi-licensing guides.|
Did you know...
- ... that the Serra Cross (pictured) in Ventura, California, was sold in response to a threatened lawsuit challenging the use of public funds to maintain a religious symbol on public land?
- ... that Croatian concentration camp commander Vjekoslav Luburić's wife divorced him in 1957 after she was sent an anonymous letter detailing his crimes?
- ... that in its early years, the Indian National Theatre troupe traveled in two lorries and used them as a stage?
- ... that Chief was the United States Army's last living operational cavalry horse?
- ... that in Der goldene Drache, the ninth opera by Péter Eötvös, five singers perform 18 characters, switching age and gender?
- ... that when she successfully auditioned for the role of Louise Mitchell, actress Tilly Keeper thought she was auditioning for another character?
- ... that Hu Wei became a division commander at the age of only 29, but soon suffered a setback at the Battle of Dengbu Island?
- ... that during the Petticoat Revolution, Laura Starcher became mayor of Umatilla, Oregon, while keeping her candidacy a secret from her husband—the current mayor—until the afternoon of election day?