I run a weblog about wikipedia. If you want me to write about a particular article/topic/concept/whatever, leave a note, or comment on a weblog post.
Various logos and graphics for wikipedia/wikimedia/wikimania.
|30 August 2019|
|Search user languages|
How to appreciate jazz without really trying.
File sharing is theft (read all the way through before you send me angry emails).
How to build a computer out of black holes.
Why is the sky blue?.
Does the Universe have granularity?.
You Know My Name (Look Up the Number).
|Multi-licensed with the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License versions 1.0 and 2.0|
|I agree to multi-license my text contributions, unless otherwise stated, under Wikipedia's copyright terms and the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license version 1.0 and version 2.0. Please be aware that other contributors might not do the same, so if you want to use my contributions under the Creative Commons terms, please check the CC dual-license and Multi-licensing guides.|
Did you know...
- ... that Ignacio Garriga (pictured) is the first politician of African descent in the recently formed Spanish populist party Vox?
- ... that nests of the black-tailed tree rat resemble those of the red-billed buffalo weaver?
- ... that George Fayad is depicted in a painting of eminent international surgeons that was shown at the National Portrait Gallery in London?
- ... that the Battery in Lower Manhattan contains an old fort that later served as a theater, immigration processing center, and aquarium?
- ... that Der Club, a weekly German-language talk show on Swiss television discussing current topics, was first aired in 1985 as Zischtigsclub ('Tuesday Club')?
- ... that Yale University pediatrician Grover Powers gave liver extract as a nutritional supplement to children with celiac disease?
- ... that the Ninth German Inner Africa Research Expedition recorded 2,000 examples of rock art?
- ... that after U-2 spy aircraft piloted by Yeh Changti and Chang Liyi were shot down over China, the United States began prioritizing the development of drones at Area 51?