I used to be a trader and a Financial economics student at a university. I write articles for WP as my other activities permit.
I am a strong believer in Wikipedia:Cite sources: any material that is challenged and has no source may be removed by any editor.
I begin writing for WP on 5 March 2006 !
I'm a proud member of the soon to be world famous Harmonious Editing Club, write to me and tell me if I am not editing Wikipedia pages correctly.
I also think one of the most important general editing guidelines in case of disagreements is Wikipedia:Stay cool
I also particulary like the Hanlon's razor principle, which I think states "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.", this comes in very handy.
My main interests here are Traders , Finance , Investments, HighScope and Economics. If there are articles in these areas that you'd like me to consider creating, go ahead and leave me a note on my talk page.
Below is the list of some of what I have written.
- I started: Michael Marcus, Larry Hite, David Ryan, Martin Schwartz, Tom Baldwin, Tony Saliba, Bill Lipschutz, William Eckhardt, Monroe Trout, Richard Driehaus, Gil Blake, Tom Basso, Linda Bradford Raschke, Mark Ritchie, Joe Ritchie, Jeff Yass, Charles Faulkner, Robert Krausz, Richard Donchian, Louis Bacon, Toby Crabel, David Tepper, Anne Dias-Griffin, Mario Gabelli, Charles B. Johnson, John Calamos, Peter Kellogg, Richard Rainwater, Herbert Allen, Jr., Michael Price, Mark Kingdon, Amos Hostetter, Jr., George Lane, Harold Clark Simmons
- I expanded: John W. Henry
Bands and musicians
Money, Trading stuff
- I started: Commodities Corporation, Relative value, Trend following, Profit & Loss, Reminiscences of a Stock Operator
- I expanded a bit: Commodity Channel Index
I need to start:
- Bill Dunn
- Elena Ambrosiadou
- Philippe Jabre
- Ari Kiev
- Jasmine Lawrence
- Stocks Futures and Options
- Susquehanna International Group
- Commodity Exchange Act
- National Futures Association
- Alternative investments
- Futures Industry Association
- Managed Funds Association
- Pensions & Investments newspaper
I need to contribute and expand:
- Market Wizards
- Ed Seykota
- Paul Tudor Jones
- Chris Kacher
- Van K. Tharp
- Jack D. Schwager
- Richard Dennis
- Robert Sobel
- José Raúl Capablanca
- Wafic Saïd
- Money management
- Assets under management
- Investment management
- United Nations Children's Fund
Make these Feature Article:
Subjects I am interested in:
- Satoshi Kanazawa
- Paul Ekman
- Computational finance
- Quantitative analyst
- Financial economics
- Modern Times
- United States Department of Peace
- Gross national happiness
- Martin Seligman
Resources for writing a great article:
- WP:CITET Examples of how to use templates to cite books, encyclopedias, journals, theses, papers, websites, comic strips, videos, and editorial comics.
- Help:Footnotes Go here for help with Footnotes
- WP:IS - Independent sources
- WP:NRSNVNA - No reliable sources, no verifiability, no article
- Saffron Featured article that uses a good reference method
- Wikipedia:Article development - How to write a great article
- Wikipedia:Lead section Guideline to write the Lead section of an article.
- Wikipedia:Example requests for permission Asking is good
- User:The Transhumanist/Virtual classroom Feature Article info
- Wikipedia:Build the web How to link
A quote from Wikipedia:Independent sources
|“||If Wikipedia is, as defined by the three key content policies, an encyclopaedia which summarises viewpoints rather than a repository for viewpoints, to achieve this goal, articles must demonstrate that the topic they are covering has been mentioned in reliable sources independent of the topic itself.||”|
When including a citation, it is not enough to say "New York Times 11 August 2002", as that is not enough information to find a single article in a large newspaper. Please include at the very least the title of the article, and ideally the author of the article and the page number. When you use this link, it is useful, but only to a point. Not all users are subscribed to the Times Select pay service and you should provide an article title for those users who access the Times through other means (Lexis/Nexis, microfilm, etc.) or if the link becomes broken in the future.
- WP:BIAS When writing for WP be careful of Bias
- Wikipedia:To-do list - to do list
- Wikipedia:Edit war - dont start
- Wikipedia:Ownership of articles - no ownership
- Wikipedia:Wikipedia is failing - read this
- Wikipedia:Unusual articles - Unusual articles
- Anti-consumerism - another view
- Amartya Sen - a good Economist
- The Secret History - a great novel
- Human rights - great concept
- Unschooling - another view
- Kelly criterion - great
- Linus Pauling - vitamin C is good for you
- Emotional intelligence - new
- Raymond Kurzweil - the new Jules Verne